What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sam_Skunkman's dry sift method

good shit

good shit

High all, for thousands of years dry sift has been the best hashish, my best is blond afghany from Balk($800.00kg in 1974!) Dry sift needs an experienced hand to produce. The quality depends of many details and they are all important. Experiment, RR.

GrassMan

Veteran
ilife said:
77 µ and 43 µ plus another secret that is very simple.
iLiFE

Could be vacuum?
I remember a picture posted log time ago from Cannabis Cowboy in wich he was with a vacuum cleaner under his 25 or 43 micron silkscreen in his porch in winter time (you could see the snow around).
I looked for it but I didn't find it.

Peace.

ilife

Sam's Secret

Sam's Secret

We like to say " We hope he passes it on before he passes on one day"
but knowing him he will probably take it with him!!!

iLiFE

oakwood

ilife said:
We like to say " We hope he passes it on before he passes on one day"
but knowing him he will probably take it with him!!!

iLiFE
this is very true!
sam willl pass :badday: before he ever passes it on :fsu:

Tropical

Is it easy to find good bubble hash or dry sift on the streets in Vancouver? I know I can't find it here. I have enough trouble even finding bud. That's why I have to grow.

Tropical

Hashmasta-Kut said:
hi, Tropical, L T no S :)

Hey, HMK. Long time no see. How are you doing?

I don't understand what you said. I hope you don't think I was asking for a hook-up, in violation of the TOS. I was just asking about the environment of Vancouver. I know they are known for good pot. I just don't know how easy it is for a tourist there to score a bag of hash, or at least good bud. I've been to Jamaica where... well, you know. Heck, they even have signs on the highway for cafés with pot brownies and mushroom tea.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
haha, L T no S was what you said to me as well, long time no see, abbreviated. ~(';")~

doing well, hope you are too. :)

Tropical

LMAO Just disregard my overly defensive post. I thought you were a forum mod. Now that I think about it, you are a little outspoken for that kind of political stuff. It is better left for the more diplomatic type. ;-)

And, yes, I am doing well. I'm glad that you are too.

My hypothesis is that square holes allow more flake-shaped particles through than round holes, because even if the flakes are larger than the trichome heads they can still pass through the square holes diagonally. Is this old news, or am I on to something?

Dkgrower

Veteran
Limeygreen said:
I don't have first hand knowledge, but from what I've heard, it's a bit more complicated than that.

Naaa champa is right - i think what pepol some times do wrong when working with outdoor materiale is the drying process, i newer dry it in glass or a similar air tight container when it is fore dry sifting. I like to cure it in a super dry and semi varm spot 15 to 20 degrees. When the buds crumbels into dust you are ready to sift.

Sun drying is also effective and good

G

Chamba said:
I'd love to know how he makes it

read the thread...it's almost all there

grow tens of thousands of seedlings, select and clone the most potent one, grow the clones to perfection, slow dry then bottle cure the plants for 6 months, gently sift the buds for about 30 or 60 seconds, then triple sift the resin over 2 or 3 finer screens, store the resin unpressed in glass jars for another 6 or 12 months.

there's nothing new there ...it's basically the way quality hash has been made in the greater Middle East since Jesus was quarterback for Nazareth.....harvest, dry the plants or large branches for months, seive, store the powder for months, then press into slabs for selling and transport.

happy hashing

If you knew the method why did you start the thread?

Aqua Lab Tech

B

British_Bulldog

We still cannot read your posts Aqua Tech Lab, so there's not really much point in posting (you have one showing on the main ICMag page as being after DKGrower above)

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
Sun drying is always what confused me. I've heard UV degrades THC so is that why sun dried buds are more brown than anything. Columbian gold for example. As the THc degrades it turns darker........am i on the right track? I'm just curious as to how much and how fast THC degrades by UV light

C

Chamba

I'm sure there are scientists who have done studies on THC degradation due to (sun)light and heat

from what I've noticed....a few days or a week in the sun after cutting doesn't seem to affect the potency at all

I've never left bud on a sunny window sill for months, but I bet it would be much weaker than bud from the same tree that was stored in a dark, cool, dry place.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
This is interesting discussion indeed :yes:

I did an "sweatdrying/-cure" experiment last summer with almost whole Neville´s Haze plant. I did trim the plant and harvest it and I wrapped it inside bakingpaper airtight and let it sit there overnight. I placed this wrap on window board at morning and opened it from the corner. I let it try for day in sunlight and repeated the wrapping at evening and same thing at morning & next night...

What happened was that NH erb did turn from light green into dark green + even little purple after the "treatment", some resin pump out also happened and what surprised me most was that erb did have very pleasant odor & taste right after drying! I mean I normally get it to this same "level" after months of cure, but this was ready to smoe right after drying and potency was the same, or even better than in erb that had been in cure for months!

All in all -> very inspirational experiment which im going to repeat very soon...

Here´s some pics how the erb looked before & after sweatdrying...

Before:

After :yummy:

T

Truthman

Herbalistic, the reason why I think the experiment came out good is because the sun created an oven with enough low heat that penetrates deep inside the plants cells to allow a fast cure.

This happened well with very little degradation because you wrapped the herb which allowed low oxygen levels to penetrate the herb and oxidize it, which speeds up chlorophyll breakdown and by blocking the uv rays with the window and/or the bakingpaper, the thc and other oils didn't degrade.

A good way of doing this on days the sun isn't out or the days that aren't hot enough, is to put your herb or hash in a big glass jar and tape a beyond body heat pad on top of the seal inside the glass jar. What this does is create the infrared heat needed to cause curing of the herb while also allowing you to do this process anywhere you want out of light because the pads only heat up when oxygen is present and if they are inside the glass jar they will suck up the oxygen while creating a DEEP penetrating heat that is needed to speed up the curing process.

Deep penetration is what is wonderful about infrared heat because when the heat goes deep inside the plant cells and resin glands it can help with decarboxylation and bringing out the flavors that are in the background to the forefront, without oxidizing the plant when done this way.

You can get bodi heat pads at rite-aid or go to the website to find store locations that sell it.

http://www.beyondbodiheat.com/

Last edited:
C

cway

Herbalistic said:
I did an "sweatdrying/-cure" experiment last summer with almost whole Neville´s Haze plant. I did trim the plant and harvest it and I wrapped it inside bakingpaper airtight and let it sit there overnight. I placed this wrap on window board at morning and opened it from the corner. I let it try for day in sunlight and repeated the wrapping at evening and same thing at morning & next night...

Before:

After :yummy:

Herbalistic... Very Interesting. So every night you would rewrap airtight and open corner only when exposed to light and heat? Im gonna give this a go.. How many total days before you were smoking from harvest?

Thanks!!

Latest posts

Latest posts