What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When is the best time of day water ur plants?

150wPimpin

what do you do first thing in the morning?

I myself run as fast as possible to the fridge for a cold glass of Dr.Pepper

with that said it only makes sence to feed in the morning.

But someone may know better than me as i really know nothing about anything important

T

THC_Decapitator

I water a couple hours into there light cycle ,there morning. But the media always gets a chance to air out , I don't like the humidity high when the lights are off .If there drinking allot during the day ill water once more in the eve . I am using rockwool though .I like morning

C

cyber echo

It depends..
If you are growing in pots outdoors for example watering your plants will cook the roots if the sun hits the pots while theyre still wet, since water retains heat way more than the growing medium.

Indoors,, I just give them water at the first occasion (when they need it), usually mornings.

Just water your plants when they need it, no need to set a specific time.

(also, use common sense, give the plants water when they can use it for photosynthesis.)

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
2 hours after lights on that way the stigma(pause/cells whatever) of the plants are open and transpiring which means uptake of water from the root system, which means nutrient uptake

I think upto 2 hours before lights out is ok but not ideal

Lights out means the stigma(cells/pause whatever) are closed and not transpiring much which means less uptake of water and nutrients which means slower growth and less yield

Thats my understanding, dont know where or how i accumulated my info but i must have read it on IC somewhere but what do i know hehe

hope this helps

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
It depends..
If you are growing in pots outdoors for example watering your plants will cook the roots if the sun hits the pots while theyre still wet, since water retains heat way more than the growing medium.

Indoors,, I just give them water at the first occasion (when they need it), usually mornings.

Just water your plants when they need it, no need to set a specific time.

(also, use common sense, give the plants water when they can use it for photosynthesis.)

i would go with this as a general rule of thumb, but if your looking for the best time then a good hour or two before lights come on would be best IMO.

if youve already waterd and at some point in time they start to droop or something, then just water right then and there.

i dont water my moms until i see them start to droop a lil