What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SURFING

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Went surfing last weekend...not too crowded...pretty fun little waves for June around here. I should have taken some photos, but I was in a hurry to get in the water.

Glad to read you’re feeling better Big Eggy...hope your arm continues to heal up.

HB.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Went surfing last weekend...not too crowded...pretty fun little waves for June around here. I should have taken some photos, but I was in a hurry to get in the water.

Glad to read you’re feeling better Big Eggy...hope your arm continues to heal up.

HB.

I'm back to full strength and have been enjoying how it's not busy, just a few locals.

Sunday looks good here and low tide is at mid day :) my spot can be funny though forecast says a 3m swell but that can translate to nothing or scary as shit monsters.

If Sunday is out of my comfort zone/ability then maybe I can squeeze a session in Monday whilst im "working from home".

currently it's flat and has been for a most of the previous weekend too. i cant be bothered to drive to another beach hunting for waves coz i just get pissed if it's been a wasted journey.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Waves in Hilo were good this week, will be nice when everybody goes back to school/work so the midday sessions will be empty again. My 2 custom boards I ordered from Pyzel should be ready real soon, a 5'7 and a 5'4 for summer.

Hope you guys are doing well!

Big Eggy

Veteran
Nice... My board is a big fat 8.4 I need to loose some weight or get better but at 39 I think 7ft is about as small as I can manage.

We got a 9.5ft longboard firewire tekdeck at work to give away as a prize that we've been sitting on for nearly a year.. I'm hoping someone forgets about it so I can take it home.

Did look at a few fourth expoxy boards around the 7ft mark and had great volume but weighed next to nothing but I've got building work that needs doing and every bit of cash counts atm.

Ive been dropping some hints to my mum for a custom hollow body timber board for my 40th.

SurfdOut

Veteran
Eh, I am 48 and riding smaller boards now than I ever have. Lol I been riding a lot of good epoxys and Firewires but am going back to p/u for a bit. Here is a pic from a few years back on a wooden board my friend made for me.

picture.php

Big Eggy

Veteran
Nice! I need to up my game and stop sneaking off to the woods to dig holes when I could be in the water.

Edit: I could do with loosing some weight too.

Big Eggy

Veteran
Good day at local spot today.. what I like to call easy peelers, no wind 4-5 ft with a few mins between sets. I hope this working from home partially is the new norm.

I would up some pictures but it would give away my locationm

Sara P

I love surfing and CBD helps me after a session to recover my muscles. Highly recommended. If you are looking for CBD or CBG flowers these guys are the best 4Collectors.

chakras

Eh, I am 48 and riding smaller boards now than I ever have. Lol I been riding a lot of good epoxys and Firewires but am going back to p/u for a bit. Here is a pic from a few years back on a wooden board my friend made for me.

picture.php

Eddie Woulda!!!

chakras

Old thread revival here but just wondering what fellow surfers are doing during the covid19 crisis?

I broke my arm a week into lockdown but went for a swim in the sea today and can't promise when swell is looking good and I can pop up again I won't be in the there (I can walk to the beach)

Out on the beach or water spread out is fair game. Safety in distance and outdoors.

chakras

Glad someone brought up this topic. I went to do a search for surfing and found this thread.

I've been surfing for a number of years now. Mostly longboard, but I can ride anything.

Here's a question for the surfers in the crowd: What's the best place you've ever surfed while traveling? Mexico? Hawaii? Indo? Australia? South Africa?

They are all good depending on season and wind.

Latest posts

Latest posts