What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EZ Cloner machine to soil. Something went wrong

Veggia farmer

I have only transplanted to coco from aerocloners. The best results I have gotten so far was with coco with corc, some pellets of chicken manure/bonemeal and vinasse, stonemeal and some compost. I mixed it then transplanted. I noticed pretty quickly this mix should rest some time before use. No burning. But because I noticed explosion with roots next to the pellets and less everywhere else. OFC nutrients wise but I have a strong sense it had something to do with fungus aswell. And I want the pellets to swell and mix,maybe I wil crush them before mixing, unsure yet.

Due to something else in the setup I transplant to coco without additives now and give water 500-700 PPM. Homemade piss and wood ash. Works good too.

I also let them get comfy in the new pot under T8 at the moment for one week before 250 hps.

Im still experimenting since its a new setup, perpetua, weekly.

Oh yeah, I have them 4 weeks in the machine and 80 cm form two T8 bulbs.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I have trouble with my aerocloners sometimes. It's like a hit or miss situation. Something I'm doing wrong, but I usually get enough to make it. I've tried for probably a year to get cuts from a few Strawberry AK from serious seeds. I tried about everything and then used hormex #16 and I'd be damned if I haven't got 5-6 now. After you clone your mother plant very hard you gotta give them some time to recover. I'm always trying different methods at my age on cloning. I was a seed only grower until about 3 yrs ago I got space for mother plants now.

mango420

Wow so much unnecessary things being suggested here. Ive been using aero cloners for almost 15 years and have planted into soil, coco, perlite/coco, rockwool. Ive planted clones with roots over a foot long and clones with one tiny root an inch long and as long as the clone is healthy it will take root and survive. Also the longer you leave your rooted cuttings in the cloner to "veg" the more difficulty they are to take hold in the new medium because they have become so accustom to the aero. Adding humidity domes and other things of the such are not necessary at all unless your humidity is very low.

It is completely normal for clones to wilt as soon as you plant them in their new medium but they usually bounce back within 24hrs. I hope your not just pulling them out of the soil after they wilt and not give them a chance. Some strains may take up to 48hrs to perk back up. Dont put them under bright light right away either, this will just stress them more. Also don't go soaking the entire pot if its larger than a litre or 2, this will only delay the rooting process in the new medium. You want your cuts to start searching for water right away when you plant them, when you soak your pot they have no need to do that.

mango420

Here’s some pics of my last cloner run, those are 2 weeks in the cloner.

Attachments

• 8567921D-BBA1-413C-BD9D-4E5F6E26157D.jpg
    8567921D-BBA1-413C-BD9D-4E5F6E26157D.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 55
  • ED948272-0108-46A3-A2E9-D8B627496996.jpg
    ED948272-0108-46A3-A2E9-D8B627496996.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 58