What's new

My 2016 Outdoor Grow (Southern Hemisphere)

Palito_Blanco

Hey Buds!
Excited to start my first thread here in the Outdoors section. I'm growing in Uruguay and was informed I could only have 6 flowering plants. OK then, I'll play by the rules. :biggrin:

I'm a seasoned Guerilla & Indoor Grower from the East Coast U.S. but this grow will be my first attempt to climb the rungs of the ladder with the big boys and join the Elites of Monster sized Cannabis plants. Being from the East Coast where summers are short and laws are strict. I never was able to really put the work in to build a system to hold such big ladies. So, if I'm going to grow legally I might as well do it right.

Pros are encouraged to chime in and guide me at any point.

I'll be growing organicly in holes that were dug 1 sq meter. 5 holes were filled with a mix of Coco, Peat, Perlite, Compost, Guano. And the last hole will be grown in a mix of 2 to 1 Perlite/Compost.

Here's a few picture of the back breaking holes and ingredients.

(Although this method could yield more than my 450 grams per year allowance. My goal is 3 kgs per plant. All extra herb will NOT be SOLD but donated to help open a Cannabis Club apon harvest) Felt like I needed that backup disclaimer.

Let's get this show on the Grow.

Attachments

• IMG_20151031_072924.jpg
    IMG_20151031_072924.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-20151108-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20151108-WA0000.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20151110_081956.jpg
    IMG_20151110_081956.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11

Palito_Blanco

Got so excited to grow. I forgot to post the strains.
- Rotten Panda
- 2 different Tikal phenos
- Amnesia Haze. The non commercial clone only thats held so tight by a few lucky ones.
- Strawberry Cough (Not the Kyle Kushman cutting) sniff :( sniff
- Sage

iTarzan

So it is like the start of summer where you are at? This will be a good inspirational thread to help keep followers from the northern hemisphere to gear up for the upcoming season.

Did you already start seeds or are you going to strike them in the hole?

The native soil looks pretty good. Is it?

Lastly... How did you get from the Northeast USA to Uruguay?

Palito_Blanco

Hi Itarzan.

All 6 plants are clones. They're actually clones taken with this Cloning product I recently applied for patent on. Dissolvable Cloning Strips. Im not sure if this is the right place to talk about the product so I'll stop there.

Funny you ask how I made it from US to Urugauy. I rode a bicycle. Jajaj seriously. I bicycled 4,200 mikes for Cannabis awareness last year on the Plant a Seed Tour. U.S. Mexico and here in Urugauy. Google to tour it will give you more info.

tech1234

Hi Itarzan.

All 6 plants are clones. They're actually clones taken with this Cloning product I recently applied for patent on. Dissolvable Cloning Strips. Im not sure if this is the right place to talk about the product so I'll stop there.

Funny you ask how I made it from US to Urugauy. I rode a bicycle. Jajaj seriously. I bicycled 4,200 mikes for Cannabis awareness last year on the Plant a Seed Tour. U.S. Mexico and here in Urugauy. Google to tour it will give you more info.

Very cool! subed!

gorilla ganja

Thank you for raising awareness around the world. Looking forward to watching this.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be huge.
Peace GG

Palito_Blanco

Thanks for stopin in and checking our the grow and spreading good vibes guys.

Yea.... haha! Ive got a few cool stories I would enjoy sharing while cycling those 100 days. (In a nut shell) I learned a lot about myself and what I was capable of while crossing our massive continents. I was able to stand face to face with fears and tackle them while at the same time trying to spread such a worthy message for the cause. I am not a criminal in the least, although I do have 40+ GreenSheets (charges) and everyone of them for Weed. I'm a guy who was raised in the American "War on Drugs" Culture. Not only have I seen 2nd hand what its done to our people, Ive also be there first hand. I felt the cold walls and hard beds of life in prison. And after a 30 month stipulation, when I returned home to find out im not to be worthy of joining society. I learned quickly this was a system set against me. No Pell Grats, No Housing, No Jobs, No Nothing, No Nada. After 12 years since release and 5,000 plus hours passionately working with Cannabis. I felt like it was time to offer myself to help the cause, other than joining he Million Marijuana Marches and NORML chapters. I needed to know I at least gave it a shoot. (This ends up becoming an OCD - for another story) I thought it would be cool to maybe be the Forest Gump of Cannabis and have a bunch of people cycling along to prove the cause was real. (Im a shitty organizer, lol) I ended up spending $6,000+ of my savings and crowdfunded another $500 and a solo trip most of the way. I did get much love from the people and nothing but approval along the way. (Except for for old man who yelled at me because he saw first hand what it did to his Soldiers on Monday mornings. Yea right! Those soldiers came in hungover from being drunk all weekend) Even the police gave me the right away and in some cities the police were stopping at red lights taking selfies and pics with me. I did come across 3 boarder patrol check points. 1st one I got on phone voice recording. They came all around me and my bike asking if I was a US Citizen and why I was flying a cannabis flag behind my bike. The dog was sent around my bike and hit on my cannabis gummies. But was able to blow it off when I said it was just my food bag. 2nd check point I was wearing the gopro on my helmet. Same questions but this time it was on film. (maybe someday I can download the chip to show you a good laugh) And the 3rd check point was at the US / Mexico boarder in Tijuana. The route wasnt meant to go this direction but with the thoughts running through my head of a friend who had been killed while crossing the street in our home town a few days prior. And with me riding parallel with the Mexican Boarder for hundreds of miles. I thought, F it! Youre already out here might as well bring Mexico into the tour. It was a few days before Christmas and when I crossed over into Tijuana. I made it through with the mass of people crossing in to see family for the holidays. As soon as crossing into the city you are directly in the streets of Tijuana. Instantly my least favorite city and all I could think about was this city was only a mud hole of a town 75 years prior and grew up quickly from the beginning of prohibition. With the confusion of not knowing where to find Route 1 and the day half over I just went to first hotel to get some rest and remembered I was supposed to get some damn paper when I crossed over in order to fly out in 3 weeks. (Ended up not needing because the airport had paper) Next morning I went back to the mass of people at the boarder to get this paper and was taken by boarder patrol. I was harassed pretty good about my cannabis flag and a pocket knife i keep on side of bike. Then given the ultimatum that I could either go to the judge and spend 10 days in jail or I could pay the $400 fine on the spot. That was all the rest of my funding and knew if I gave it up in ransom I wouldnt be able to complete the tour. So I said they would have to throw me in jail. After they saw how serious I was they talkd with themselves and decided since it was Christmas they would help me and give me a $200 dollar fine. This way I could still ride away but remember not to ride with cannabis flag. I thought if they were going to give me this first break I might as well hold my grounds and tell them to take me to jail. After a while they returned and said that this time it would be a warning. and let me go. Needless to say I was pretty much defeated just wanted to get the miles in so I tucked the flag away and rode the miles flag-less. Once arriving to Uruguay it was a different story. I was welcomed open arms by friends and other well known and successful activists of Uruguay. And cycled some really easy and beautifully smooth highway shoulders on the last 600 miles. At the End of the tour I was given the opportunity to be the grower of a few cannabis clubs. To be continued... hahaha :)

I started these holes 2 months ago so the growing process has already been in action. Let me update you.

Palito_Blanco

I placed the plants 5 Meters apart from each other to garentee room to stretch.
The boards were placed under the plants because our chickens spend half the day digging up my precious soil.

Attachments

• IMG_20151209_070529.jpg
    IMG_20151209_070529.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-20151222-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20151222-WA0005.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 11

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Yeah, I'd have to agree with you, Palito, that being in possession of marijuana images or patches on one's attire is not a good idea when out on the road, particularly in a place like Mexico where the federales are always on the lookout for someone to shake down for loose change.

If I were carrying any bud in such a country, I would make sure that I am scrupulously clean cut and clean shaven, in order to conform with the image of a 100% law abiding citizen. Looking forward to some more garden images, and if I may ask, could you possibly break up your writing into paragraphs, since the stream-of-consciousness style is hard on the eyes, causing the reader to constantly loose their place on the page.

Palito_Blanco

Swamp Thing, yea I'll work on the paragraphing and picking up on the writing skills. Never was my forte but I see what you're saying it just seems every line is coming together as a blurr.

Also please pre excuse me about how I reply until I get a hang of this forum layout again.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Wow Uruguay is way down there! That's far! What was the trip like after mexico? Navigating must of took some work....

Nice outdoor grow :)

gorilla ganja

Looks like you have a nice start down there. Dam shame you can only grow 6 plants in legal Uruguay. But 6 plants is better than none and no paranoia which is priceless.
Up here in Canada on the other end of the planet the government is talking about legal recreational as well as medical which is in place now. I just hope we can grow our own up here as well. Looking forward to watching those beauties grow up.
Cheers GG

Palito_Blanco

Looks like you have a nice start down there. Dam shame you can only grow 6 plants in legal Uruguay. But 6 plants is better than none and no paranoia which is priceless.
Up here in Canada on the other end of the planet the government is talking about legal recreational as well as medical which is in place now. I just hope we can grow our own up here as well. Looking forward to watching those beauties grow up.
Cheers GG
Thanks Gorilla Ganja!
Yep. It's only 6 "flowering" plants. (moms. vegging, and males dont count) Here's the catch, it's Not Legal it is totally Regulated. I had to apply my name in a data base and agree to have IRCA (Institute Regulate and Control Cannabis) come to my house and check that i'm following the guidelines given to me and that I'm being a good boy and conforming to these regulations.
Although, its not legal. I have no fear of persecution. First time in my life I dont have any fear growing cannabis. This like you said is Priceless. My body's frequency is in a state of peace like never before.

Wow Uruguay is way down there! That's far! What was the trip like after mexico? Navigating must of took some work....

Nice outdoor grow :)

High Big Dank.
Yea we are way down here and tucked behind two giant countries. I cycled roughly 1,000 miles through Mexico then jumped on a plan and flew to Uruguay. I think if I bicycled the entire continent that i'de still be out there on a bike somewhere. haha

Im actually gearing up for the Medical Marijuana Bicycle Tour in Southern Europe in May. Its a 420 km tour to get funding for research for cannabinoids and cancer. This ride i'll be accompanying a 100 other cyclists on a 3 day tour. Should be fast paced and lots of fun. :biggrin:

How's the garden looking palito? I dig the big spacing mate, are u gonna put some pea straw or mulch down? Your young feeder roots will love it. Well done on the ride and the garden.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

^^ best advice yet , for outdoor growers .....mulch......

he did say his chickens will scratch round the plants . make short work of the mulch . i,d knock them on the head quick smart if it was me . i put up with mine in the garden at home . but go near plants deals off .

I've gone real thick with mulch this season pittymick and never had healthier plants for it. Everytime I topdress I put another layer of mulch down.

Palito_Blanco

High guys!
Great advice on the straw and mulch. Might be able to get old newspapers that i can use as mulch. We don't have garden centers here that carry mulch. No gardeners use mulch. Not even for aesthetic appearance around the home flower beds. Although I'm sure I can at least do the news paper or collect a thick layer of leaf litter. I need to mulch also because I'm going thru way too much water. I'm up to 80 liters of water per day per plant.
I'm also experiencing yellowing of the lower leaves from N defic. I really though that adding 3lbs of Guano into each hole would suffice on feeding until at least flowering and that I could go with only adding water from the well.

Other issues I'm encountering are the ants. There is a specises of ants here that are a problem to growers. (At least to this grower :( ) These ants come and clear everything in their path. Seek out then level the plant they want. I've been hit twice the last 3 days. Same plant on two different sides. Both times they removed at least 20% of the plant. They cut with such clean precision, you kindve have to admire there work. Leaving only the stalks. Grrrr!

Let me add some pics

Latest posts

Latest posts