in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Quest Hydro for Dehumidifiers
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2017, 04:28 AM #4941
budelight
Discovery Requires Experimentation

budelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to behold
budelight has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Been running on Blumats for almost a week, going smooth so far!

BEFORE: I would hand water each pot every day with a similar volume of MaxiGrow solution (or as much as they needed).

NOW: I am feeding through blumats on a water only res.
How often should i hand water nutrients? 1x per week? 2x? Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks
budelight is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:34 AM #4942
budelight
Discovery Requires Experimentation

budelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to beholdbudelight is a splendid one to behold
budelight has completed 3 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I did have 2 partial leak issues. no real issue with the water, the tray caught it all.

1st at the end of the supply line, the rubber was cracked.
2nd was near the res, attached to the thru-hull adapter.

I don't know if its old inventory from sustainable village or something i did
budelight is online now Quote

Old 08-11-2017, 03:52 PM #4943
oti$

oti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant futureoti$ has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by budelight View Post
Been running on Blumats for almost a week, going smooth so far!

BEFORE: I would hand water each pot every day with a similar volume of MaxiGrow solution (or as much as they needed).

NOW: I am feeding through blumats on a water only res.
How often should i hand water nutrients? 1x per week? 2x? Has anyone else tried this?

Thanks
What medium are you growing in?
oti$ is offline Quote

Old 08-14-2017, 01:35 AM #4945
wg_farms

wg_farms is on a distinguished road
Could anyone help me design a system for my 45gal fabric pots. 2 plants per pot and going to be on tap with the pressure reducer. Also will be peat based living organic soil. I was thinking I could maybe utilize a Maxi carrot in side of the container as well with distribution drippers or maybe the soaker hose could be a good option as well....if anyone has any experience with bigger pots and blumats please help a growmie out!
wg_farms is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2017, 01:33 AM #4946
tiffa

tiffa is on a distinguished road
Hi there everyone....It's a big ol read, but can anyone help me, there seems to be differing opinions but I'm about to build a twin res setup,

is the 8mm feed line supplied with the patio kit best or should I go with bigger tubing?

In terms of designing the feed line, is looped best? or is the line with end tap just as good?

Cheers

Last edited by tiffa; 08-24-2017 at 01:46 AM..
tiffa is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 AM #4947
tiffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rives View Post
I have been using V+B for several years, but only with Blumats, so I don't have a comparison for them vs a conventional feed. However, I stay pretty close to the recommended feed rates that V+B has published. If I drop lower, I start getting some pretty weird deficiencies, but that seems to be a characteristic of V+B. I don't use CalMag, but do supplement with epsom - my water has virtually no Mg in it, and V+B has plenty of Ca.
Hi Rives....I'll be setting a system up shortly..I dunno if this helps but I'm thinking of adding my extra drip system (Topspin) to feed the nutes separately and just let the Blumat feed water to keep everything clean.....My water is really hard 800 will i need to invest in RO water do you think?
tiffa is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2017, 03:06 AM #4948
rives
Inveterate Tinkerer

rives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffa View Post
Hi there everyone....It's a big ol read, but can anyone help me, there seems to be differing opinions but I'm about to build a twin res setup,

is the 8mm feed line supplied with the patio kit best or should I go with bigger tubing?

In terms of designing the feed line, is looped best? or is the line with end tap just as good?

Cheers
If your plant count is high, then a larger line might be desirable. I think that people have run several dozen with the 8mm line successfully. I have a looped system and two single-ended systems. I built the looped system because I was having air lock problems when I was running a self-topping reservoir as a result of the entrained air in our municipal system. Since I went to the dual-reservoir system, it hasn't been an issue. Again, if the plant count is high, a looped system might be beneficial during periods of high flow.

Quote:
Hi Rives....I'll be setting a system up shortly..I dunno if this helps but I'm thinking of adding my extra drip system (Topspin) to feed the nutes separately and just let the Blumat feed water to keep everything clean.....My water is really hard 800 will i need to invest in RO water do you think?
I don't have any experience with hard water, but that sounds pretty high to me! You might call whoever your nutrient manufacturer is and get their input.
rives is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:29 PM #4949
tiffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by rives View Post
If your plant count is high, then a larger line might be desirable. I think that people have run several dozen with the 8mm line successfully. I have a looped system and two single-ended systems. I built the looped system because I was having air lock problems when I was running a self-topping reservoir as a result of the entrained air in our municipal system. Since I went to the dual-reservoir system, it hasn't been an issue. Again, if the plant count is high, a looped system might be beneficial during periods of high flow.

I don't have any experience with hard water, but that sounds pretty high to me! You might call whoever your nutrient manufacturer is and get their input.
Brilliant Rives, you have saved me buying a load of 13mm fittings, happy days. I've done a few rodeos but I'm not too up on RO water, I got near GPW last time (Finally after many rodeos) but always wonder if i could do better with RO water since my hardness is 0.8 . What are the main advantages of RO?
Are the systems pricey Rives?
It's reassuring to know you are still using the system after so long!
tiffa is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2017, 09:13 PM #4950
rives
Inveterate Tinkerer

rives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant future
Quote:
Brilliant Rives, you have saved me buying a load of 13mm fittings, happy days. I've done a few rodeos but I'm not too up on RO water, I got near GPW last time (Finally after many rodeos) but always wonder if i could do better with RO water since my hardness is 0.8 . What are the main advantages of RO?
Are the systems pricey Rives?
It's reassuring to know you are still using the system after so long!
As I understand it, the problem with excessively hard water is that it can contain high enough levels of nutrients that it can throw off the balance of what you are feeding the plant. Commercial nutrients are compounded around "average" water, and include the water's nutrient levels in the calculation for meeting the plant's needs. For instance, my water is abnormally low in magnesium and will not hit necessary levels even with a chem nutrient that is considered to have a high magnesium content. I recommend that you start with a water analysis to see what your baseline levels are, and if you are comfortable with spreadsheets, the nutrient calculator in my sig line is invaluable. If you are on a utility for water, they should have a water analysis available and it is frequently posted on their web site.

I've never purchased a RO system, so I don't really know what their purchase or operational cost is.

Last edited by rives; 08-25-2017 at 02:00 AM..
rives is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.