What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New way of feminizing?

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think timing wise, it will probably have to be pretty much at the beginning of preflowers showing. I think I'll give this a try soon, sounds better to me than CS, let's see...
So far I have also used this method of cutting back the roots AFTER flower to reveg plants, which has worked great.

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Oh, a scientific guessing challenge :) !

Focussing on things not yet mentioned, my
- guess N°1: one of several commercially available anti-auxins or auxin transport inhibitors because female hemp plants contain (whatwasitagain?) 10 times more auxin than males and IA induces femaleness in males. On the other hand though, morphactins at least in part inhibit auxin transport and have been shown to induce femaleness in hemp...
- guess N°2: Brassinosteroids or a BR antagonist (geldanamycin?) because BRs change sex expression in certain plants such as maize and affect other sex-influencing hormones
- guess N°3: an ABA antagonist (is AA-1 already commercially available?) or similar (n-butanol would be available but dunno if it antagonises the right ABA mediated effects)
- guess N°4: Cytokinins, analogues thereof (thidiazuron) or cytokinin antagonist cause CKs show influences on sex expression in certain dioecious plants
- guess N°5: Another ethylene "antagonist" (not because I really think that Chimera uses one but simply because there are more than the mentioned AVG LoL)

But then again, pictures of recalcitrant females might help narrowing it down.

Cloneman

Veteran
Will explain tech properly...

Answer is in a root tips,there is most of flowering hormone.. but a trick is to grow plants in common circular or quadrat plastic pots so we can remove easier roots that will circle around pot walls.. you take a bread knife and cut by margins 2cm all roots from all sides even bottom ones,after that repoting in a lil a bit bigger pot than before with fresh soil mix,and than we wait plant reverse and bounce back as a male with pods full of polen that is more secure than those STS maded one...

This tech you made after you put your plants in flower and they are there for 7-21 days,then is a best time for removing a flowering hormone from your root tips..,

And thats it... now you know how to made fems whithouth STS,more better quality
and with less herm issues than with chems.

Kind regards folks

Nice one

All the fem seeds i ran from this tech over say 6 years (2 breeders) never had a problem with herms. It took me a while to weedle it out of them on the technique, 14 - 21 days when the plants hormones tells it to flower trim the root tips as Dog Star says.

Never tried it but have grown out loads of the outcome with no problems...

here's one

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx for reply Cloneman,

agree that those fems are supergood and very stabile compared to STS ones,
now everybody from most inexperienced to a most experienced can made
feminized seeds that will actually be stabile if they choosed non-intersex
plants in a start,before they reversed plant.

So if folks choose good females that are stabile they will create progeny that will be
good for growing and very safe compared to STS reversed ones,less mistakes
brings bigger quality for hole community,more joy to grower and breeder as
they wil be happy with final result and there will be less shaming and cursing
cause a life goes South...

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
The so called flowering hormone aka florigen is produced in leaves; some players in the complex induction of flowering are still unknown and flower induction signalling has AFAIK only been studied in long day plants (e.g. A. thaliana) and monocots (rice) and is fairly different amongst the different studied plant species.
Roots are the main source of cytokinins and the root tips act as sink for auxins. Completely removing roots results in reduced cytokinin and removing most of the meristems in root tips increases auxin levels. In theory, this should shift C. sativa towards femaleness and not the other way round.

Cutting roots like Dog Star proposed is a common recommendation for transplanting plants, nearly all plants which require repotting. Have done it with cannabis and my plants didn't do anything extraordinary regarding flowering. As an educated guess, just cutting off the visible roots close to the pot walls shouldn't remove enough root tips to actually matter. What it does is to induce renewed root growth and ensures that the new, bigger pot will be rooted nicely throughout and prevents that the old root "ball" remains as small as it was before but simply in the bigger, new one. Not trimming roots is a mistake many hobby gardeners do and then wonder why repotting/transplanting didn't work as it was supposed to do. And that's why fabric pots are so great (= air pruning).
I admit, cutting the roots at the right (or from the plant's view the wrong) moment might induce stress. Stress which, as we know, has a major impact on sex expression in cannabis. But exactly that kind of stress susceptible individuals are the ones which cause hermie issues in the offspring ;) .

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Doggie

Either way your not changing the DNA .
Key is a stable plant in the 1st place . Either tech if it has the genetics for herms there is potential for herm seeds no matter the tech .

Test before release .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dog Star

Veteran
Thats what i said Elmer,first you need to choose plant that dont showing intersex
traits if you wish that progeny dont show this same intersex traits.

Who said anything on changing DNA,where this writes???

Also just to mention i will test it after i choose to made feminized seeds,not before,
and that will be a only way i will made a feminized seeds,not STS or other chems.

If i didnt talk about this and if i didnt give tech out no body of you will know anything
about it... people looking point blanc when you mention them you could exchange
sex of a plant whithouth any chems.

And there is a scientific link where all this is explained and a link is in thread..,so if you dont belive to me belive to science that is not wroted by me..so you could check it also Elmer,i dont belive a good fems are not of your interest since you growing with specific purpose...

and a flowering hormone is not in leafes but in tips of roots,remove hormone and you
will exchange a sex of a plant,those polen produced in this way are much safer
to get proper progeny than with STS induced reversing.

Only Ornamental cutted roots of a plants,repoted them and they didnt do nothing...
again same mistake.. he didnt put them in flowering but live them in vegetative ciclus
after repoting and plant didnt reverse... whoooa.. how much times i will need to
repeat..

so next time after you cut a roots live them in flowering regime and then look what happends with plants,if you repot them and live in vegetative ciclus than dont expect she will reverse ever..

Dog Star

Veteran
If flowering hormone is in leafes as Only Ornamental points out than defoliation
will remove this hormone and plant will reverse alone from defoliation..,

but this is not case... i defoliate mine plants 4 times thru flowering ciclus and they never
showed any sign of reversing ever..

so flowering hormone is not in leafes..

And this kind of reversing is less shock than spraying plant with chems to reverse her,
we actually remove flowering hormone,its mechanical removing parts that contain
flowering hormone...

Dog Star

Veteran
Dont use fabric pots or those pots that use air prunning methods if you wish to made this tech
properly..

Use plastic pots,circle ones or square pots.. those ones that will aloud root tips to go
to a pot walls so it will be a lot easier to remove them.

and a flowering hormone is not in leafes but in tips of roots,remove hormone and you
will exchange a sex of a plant,those polen produced in this way are much safer to get proper progeny than with STS induced reversing.
Sorry Dog Star but the flowering hormone is in the leaves and it's called Forigen.

And you repeatedly state that reversing plants with STS and other chemicals causes hermies and it's not the case. A cross with stable genetics will result in stable offspring regardless of which method you use. And vice versa!

I can't understand why you are so hell bent on rubbishing STS and promoting a your root pruning method, especially since you admitted previously that you have never even used the method yourself.

Dog Star

Veteran
Its not mine method and this is not about me...

its a method to give you to people that only know for STS reversing..

learn you knowledge so you could be smarter and better growers..

you think this is wrong to do??

Also your Florigen is in root tips,not in leafes... otherway a plant will be reversed
every time people defoliate her in flowering...,cause you will move flowering hormone
out of plant..

its not such hard to understand this things,or is it??

Am sorry Natural High... you look like you have something smart to tell but this is not a case in reality... in the end you tell nothing and you dont bring anything new to community.. you dont learn nothing new to members of this forum while in same time
you criticize this new method that is not mine.. and you also didnt try her..

i dont know what is your credits but OK.. tripping on florigen and you actually
dont know where he is positioned and what happends if we remove him..

you dont know nothing in this case while you have some kind of presentation of self
like you know a shit...

OK then,you avoid "mine" method and use STS.. enjoy those fems.. but aloud other
to learn other ways of reversing a plant,its not about you in the end...

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Doggie

I think the florigen is in the meristems .
Top the plant and flower will be delayed . I`ve watched Wally grow enormous bushes under less than 12 hours of light by removing the meristems 2-3 times . The plants grow longer before flipping to full flower .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

djonkoman

Veteran
I'm curious to see if that rootcutting technique can work, but I'm with natural high on this, flowering hormone is made in the leaves.
and you don't get reversal from defoliation, since it's the flowering hormone, not sex hormone, and you're not removing enough to stop flowering.
it's just that the detection of the light cycle happens in the leaves, and then that signal travels(in the form of florigen) to the meristems to signal flowering, but that has nothing to do with sex, it's also the same in plants that don't have seperate sexes.

you may be doing something to the sex hormones with that root pruning though. but so far I haven't even seen pictures of this technique in action, and this is the only place I've ever heard about it. I may try it someday if I have a plant/clone leftover I can try it on, but so far sts seems more guaranteed.

Dog Star

Veteran
This method is method of reversing a plants whithouth any chemical compound,

that is most important to point up,you dont need nothing from chemicals to reverse
your plant,you will made this mechanical after you use plastic pots as a qey
to catch better root tips,roots will circling or squaring around pot walls
and you will just cut them of from all sides 5-7 mm deep in soil mix,repot plant in new pot with some new mix and put him again on flowering in flowering regime of light ciclus.

Its like somebody explaining a tech about taking clones...

would you know to take them from a first time if you never tried before???

Off course you will.. its a very simple to do... same stuff is with those reversing..

very easy after you know what kind of pots you need to use,in what time you need to made this and where flowering hormone is positioned..

Also Elmer i think i asked you about what DNA you talking in previous post???

You could atleast answer if you wish we have inteligent and logic conversation...

all i know i didnt mention any DNA changing or altering in any way so i dont know
why you mention DNA in your post...???

Thinking is not knowing... and those hormone could be spreaded thru hole plant but
in smaller quantities while fact tell as that if you wish to exchange your plant sex
whithouth chems you could do it very simple by cutting a root tips..

that will exchange sex in plant,reverse her... so maybe we talk two different things..

you talk on florigen... while i talk about reversing a plants whithouth any chems..

thread title is,just to mention.. New Way Of Feminizing.. if i am not wrong...

beta

Veteran
DogStar has straight up admitted that he's never tried this himself before, so I'm not sure how he can speak about it with such authority.

Dog Star

Veteran
OK enough of trolling.. i told you something,gived a tech.. and now is time to pull out
from thread and live to shitstirrers that they do what they usually do..

for people of good heart if you understanded what i told you and writed in thread just follow those directions and you will reverse your plants whithouth problems.. this polen will be of better quality than those STS created one,and now you
know for tech that will aloud you to reverse your plants whithouth any chems.

Mine agenda is finished as i gived to folks those good that exist,also explained way to do
it and gived important data where is a sexual expression hormone deposited,
removing them in right time you will reverse your plants and feminized seeds
created this way are lot more times better than STS one.

Enjoy it in new way of feminizing if you have enough of brains to understand
this very easy tech.. am out and i live this space to Beta,Natural High and others
that are included in shitstirring festival..

All the best folks,have a good time growing,am out of this thread.....

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dog Star,

Florigen... Made in the leaves.
Ethylene... Made in the root tips.

Florigen controls flowering.
Etheylene controls sexual expression.
These are not the only hormones that have effects on these two phenomenon, flowering & sexual expression.

Am sorry Natural High... you look like you have something smart to tell but this is not a case in reality... in the end you tell nothing and you dont bring anything new to community.. you dont learn nothing new to members of this forum while in same time you criticize this new method that is not mine.. and you also didnt try her..

i dont know what is your credits but OK.. tripping on florigen and you actually dont know where he is positioned and what happends if we remove him..

you dont know nothing in this case while you have some kind of presentation of self like you know a shit...
I have not once criticized the method you keep promoting that "isn't yours" and you haven't tried yourself. I have just corrected you when you make false statements that just mislead others.

And I'm not the one who is tripping here LOL..

Here is a branch of Ghost train haze sprayed 3 times, one week apart, with the STS preparation I outlined back on page 4 of this thread. The rest of the plant is still happily female and making buds, and this has been cut off the plant for the last week and still providing pollen.

picture.php

picture.php

Haploid DNA from this female will be brought together with another female in exactly the same way as a regular cross with a male and a female. The offspring will be in no way compromised by the fact that STS was used to reverse one of it's parents.

:)

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Then we move Ethylene... no probs for me.. i never mentioned Florigen before Only Ornamental didnt mention him..

but am really out of thread,sees a knowledge can hard disturb some people..

didnt think on you MJ Passion,you are OK in mine book..

Kind regards man

Latest posts

Latest posts