What's new

Vintage Colombian

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everything is close, Paipa the town is 10 - 15 minutes away. My wife and kids live there and just about everything you could need is in town. Grocery stores, hardware stores, restaurants,even a small airport. And the main road to Bogota goes through Paipa so catching a bus to Bogota and the international airport is an easy two and a half hour trip. The finca is pretty big but it's not remote or really rual. I like it here but when I relocate later this year I want to be near the river at a slightly lower elevation.

red rider

kro-magnon

Veteran
I'd like to test your sativa hascich, it must something very different from classic one with a balance of THC/CBD who make this mellow high. With a sativa like yours I guess there is no CBD at all or very small dose if it's there; so the high of your hasch just be a wild ride.
Do you age it or not really? It can change its taste and texture to let it cure for a few months.
That's a bold move to go live in a country like Colombia when you have grown up in the USA or Europe, it must be so different culturally on a daily basis it's not easy to adapt I guess.
Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your experience in this great country.
ps: There is a cannabis grower YouTube channel with a nice following from Colombia, Homegrown TV or something like that. They are focused on modern hybrids not old school landraces and heirloom.

Normannen

Anne enn Normal
Veteran
I'd like to test your sativa hascich, it must something very different from classic one with a balance of THC/CBD who make this mellow high. With a sativa like yours I guess there is no CBD at all or very small dose if it's there; so the high of your hasch just be a wild ride.
Do you age it or not really? It can change its taste and texture to let it cure for a few months.
That's a bold move to go live in a country like Colombia when you have grown up in the USA or Europe, it must be so different culturally on a daily basis it's not easy to adapt I guess.
Good luck to you and thank you for sharing your experience in this great country.
ps: There is a cannabis grower YouTube channel with a nice following from Colombia, Homegrown TV or something like that. They are focused on modern hybrids not old school landraces and heirloom.
Fuck them then :p

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good questions and comments man, thanks. As far as ageing/curing I use the common method of glass jars and I do that until it's gone. I like flower cured up to a year and hash indefinite. But most of the time I either consume it or give it away before having it for a year.
Could be CBD in some of my varieties, I don't know because I'm not interested in laboratory quantification.
But yeah I know Dakota (Homegrown TV) I met him at the cup in 2022 Santa Marta. He pressed some rosin and we dabbed a little. Really nice guy but busy, I believe alot of his subject matter is indoor/modern because that's where the sponsors money is at. He's an expert grower, I've smoked a few of his grows. Dakota is a really nice guy and doing well in the market here, I wish him success. I understand that there's not a lot if any interest in domestic varieties here. The world is different and with everyone watching the same YouTube demand and interest change like fashion. But none of that means much to me here at the finca where I do my thing.
IMG_20240506_054838021_MFNR.jpg

red rider