What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4,000 watts 64 plants, Ready Set Grow :)

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Here is a shot of the hood from underneath!

This is a picture of one of the reflector boxes to show the brand.

This is the type of ballast I am using 1000w switchable.

Here is a picture of the improved socket mount that will help allow better airflow, Which is what makes these hoods a good choice!

I went with sunmaster 1000w mh bulbs, I went with 1000w hortilux hps bulbs and reptiglo 10.0 uvb bulbs for the floresents.

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Thanks for the hood pics, blaze! They do look nice indeed. Seems like more and more air-cooled reflectors are incorporating the hinged glass lens design, which makes it so much easier to clean. What type of weather strip is used on those hoods?

The SuperSun2 reflectors I just got has a similar aerodynamic design on the socket mount :yes:, but the Daystar AC's (new model w/ hinge!) do not, and has some very, very cheap, crappy foam to boot. :no: (I'm starting to really dislike these Daystar AC's, and favoring them for the SS2s.)

Are those ReptiGlow's T8's? Googling seemed to indicate that they were T8's, but I couldn't be sure. (The relative size to the Mogul socket seems to indicate they're T8's, too :D)

Ahh... from a quick Google inquiry it seems Vortex makes multiple models of the 12" including the "low power" (CFN-1200L) 900cfm/2.2A (according to a random retailer's site), a "high power" (CFN-1200) 1140cfm/3.2A, and "high power" (CFN-V12XL) 2050cfm/4.8A. They also have this configuration on at least the 6" and 8" as well (I wasn't aware of any of this). The "high power" 8 inch Vortex (CFN-800) @ 747cfm and 10" (CFN-1000) @ 790cfm also draws 2.2A, so I'm curious if your theory on it being the same motor with larger propellers and larger flanges is indeed correct. :chin: :chin: Interesting to note that all carry a 10 year warranty except for the 12"XL (2050cfm), which has 3 years instead...

Last edited:
damn dude i think i could stand inside of the filter its flippin big man ill def be packin a big bong bowl for this one dus anyone think a 4 gram bong bowl will be enough? *coughs a lung up* whos next?

steve green

sweet hood pics.
:rasta: im with little wayne..get a patent..great idea..im jealous
i didnt even notice those flo's the first time i looked...
good stuff so far blaze
cantwait to see that area filled with green.

UmphreyMcgee420

Heady Connoisseur
Veteran
awesome work blaze. cant wait for that room to get filled full of plants and for the show to really start. pulling up a comfy chair for this one :rasta:

N

NZjay

nice one blaze..
didnt know bout this one, but here and tagged in. teach the world to grow bro, we are watching.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Thanks for dropping by my thread nzjay, Thanks even more for stopping by with some urkle nugs for me lol. Talk to you soon...

Ok everyone got the room nearing completion. The timers and lights are up and running I have to run 2 more 20 amp outlets for the ac and the xgc-1 controller which I have to mount also. Then hook up the dehumidifier and finish the poly out. Await the clones to root and boom get this show on the road. Until next time be safe and take care...

Some pics of whats been done!

soulfly22583

Trust me.. I'm A Professional..
Veteran
Blaze -

Looking great man - seriously! I cant wait to see what this room ca generate. I am totally impressed with your room build. Very clean and very well done =)

C

cobain420

Hey Blaze,

Great show, keep up the amazing work, super clean setup.

What are those black things suspending the hoods in air?

I'll be following this show...

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
very very nice

how the hell are you gonna use that gigantic carbon scrubber? the fan almost hits the ceiling as is? just not venting it anywhere?

clowntown

Veteran
He's running a sealed room; the black things suspending the hoods are reflector yo-yo's; quite nice, if you're not broke. You can raise and lower 'em, and it'll keep its vertical position.

tngreen

Veteran
simply beautiful blazeoneup! looks like your ladies will be living very very comfortably! can't wait to see the grow show :lurk:

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Update time!

The room is completed, Except hanging the xgc-1 extreme greenhouse controller and hooking up the ac and dehumidifier and co2 system to the atmospheric controller. But other then that everythings finished. I'll hang the controller tommorow and then pick up all the soil. Just about 10 days from getting this show on the road. Here are some pics of the clones etc.

Germanator

The huge Pro Filter in the corner just gave me a semi...

Awesome build log, can't wait to see the girls basking in there

Be easy

Germ

Latest posts

Latest posts