What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb F2

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
VG we kind of spoke of this once before about you making F2's of Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb.

I've heard no further updates upon his status other then what I last heard.

If memory serves me you said you were willing to make some F2's kind of curious if you changed your mind or not?

Sure would love to have about 30 of em myself.

:tiphat:

TR

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi TR, yes the ball is rolling with these, if all goes well they should be available before the spring!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they wouldnt really be F2s because the CB is already very much line-bred to at least F20, but i will be using the seeds sent to be by Mr.G a few years back.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Right, just to update you, we definitely have some seeds forming in the plants, cant say how many yet.

i used 4 girls, 2 of which have pink/purple pistils, and i used 5 males from this round as well as frozen pollen from 2 other males (i was very pleased that this frozen pollen was still viable because it was the same pollen that i used for a couple of crosses, including the Cherryjuana, and it has proven to be very 'solid' and also carries the pink pistil allele - i know this because some of the cherryjuana had the pink pistils too)

i should get some to the bay in a couple of months or so.

VG

Tropical Rain

Haze, Kush & Grey Goose
Veteran
Right, just to update you, we definitely have some seeds forming in the plants, cant say how many yet.

i used 4 girls, 2 of which have pink/purple pistils, and i used 5 males from this round as well as frozen pollen from 2 other males (i was very pleased that this frozen pollen was still viable because it was the same pollen that i used for a couple of crosses, including the Cherryjuana, and it has proven to be very 'solid' and also carries the pink pistil allele - i know this because some of the cherryjuana had the pink pistils too)

i should get some to the bay in a couple of months or so.

VG

Good to hear have been waiting for a while. excited to run these again..
:tiphat:
TR

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi there, yes the buds are dry and the seeds just need taking out of them when i get a minute. should definitely be enough for a reasonable sized drop, maybe next week if i do a quick germination test.

the CB is a great old-school smoke and it breeds pretty true for those acerbic cherry style terpenes. also has great vigor and decent variation for an IBL.

VG

hi there, yes the buds are dry and the seeds just need taking out of them when i get a minute. should definitely be enough for a reasonable sized drop, maybe next week if i do a quick germination test.

the CB is a great old-school smoke and it breeds pretty true for those acerbic cherry style terpenes. also has great vigor and decent variation for an IBL.

VG

What up VG??? YES!!!! :woohoo: