What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GROW CONTEST WINNER: 30 Sour Bubble Trees, 20 Gallon Smartpots, 10K Sealed!

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
This is one of the most perfect set-ups I have seen in a long while - clean, professional and looking fantastic!

I wanted to ask because I have been interested in Sour Kush but have not found one yet, how does the veg compare to Bubba Kush, I am sure it is much faster but curious. Also, how is final yield. (Sorry for no punctuation, my Q-mark isn/t working - coffe spill lol.)

About the Co2 suppliment, I have never used it but was planning to a couple years ago. I didn/t use it because what I have learned from much research was that it would be a waste with temperatures not over 85 like you stated earlier. But, you are in the perfect situation to see how well it actually does work running it once, and then another time without and weighing final yield. I don/t know if you want to experiement with such a large system (probably not) but for me and I am sure a lot of other readers would love to see the results. In my mind with your stable variables, professional skill and build quality it would be an absolute answer to this question - would be interesting to see the results.

Thanks for making this thread and also the buld thread - I have learned a lot for a large grow I will be building in the very near future and seeing it done in such detail will save me much time and money - thank you greatly!

TGT

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From everything I have read co2 is a waste unless running 85F canopy temps, at least 1500ppm is. The co2 allows the plants to handle higher temps with higher metabolism. With cooler temps the plants won't demand a higher co2 concentration, so if you are filling up your room with 1500ppm running 78-80 you are not taking full advantage of the co2. It is hard to get used to that way of thinking. I am open to debate, this is only my second run with co2. My room is set at 82, this device is not under a light but in the canopy. A sensor that reads canopy temps reports 82-85F. Really I would love to hear anyone elses input I did scour the netz recently and this is what I have found.

I agree with everything you've said and where i read that, they referred to it as "supercharging" or something like that. and that more Sativa dominant strains could even handle and pump out more buds up into the low 100's with Co2 supplementation in the 1500-2000ppm range.

Note: If I were doing this experiment then theses would be my questions I would ask myself, form hypotheses on , and observe the results of

so no doubt the yields will be higher, but... i also never used to, until recently did I, consider the effect the higher temps have on the evaporation of the volatile terpene and flavonoids. there by diminishing the finished buds aroma/flavor/therapeutic values.

so while yes your buds should be bigger, faster... I wonder how the overall quality including the parameters listed above, will be affected when flowering under those warmer conditions?

does the release of that much Co2 in a closed environment increase the barometric pressure?

If it did increase the pressure a significant amount one could reason that some of the evaporation could be offset by said increase in pressure. there by resulting in less loss of terpenoids etc. than one may have expected.

but would such an increase in pressure also cause problems with transpiration?

thats what I'd be wondering.

peace,
Infi

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, waiting on the elcetrician.........pretty sure the transformer took a shit. I have been waiting for that, things makes horrible sounds under load and looks as old as the barn....it was 13 hours since my last check discovering it was off......hopefully that is all it is, it cost me nothing, and a get a new one. I always though of it as the weak link, glad to see my main panel is not. wish me luck!

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Confirmed, the transformer pooped out, it is old and shitty looking so not surprised. Off to the store to get some battery powered flourescents to keep everything on schedule, I think the worst part about it the humidity no being taken care of....Waiting on hearing form the power company hopefully it gets wrapped up ASAP, like early morning because I am scheduled to be out of town for something important.....

mack 10

Veteran
Dam, just what you don't need. good luck getting it fixed bud.them sour's are looking scweet! if fact you 've twisted my arm into buying MORE seeds, Bog seeds,lol But i gots to have that dank! say Hi to the miss'es and keep it PK. mack.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mack thanks alot man, and I will make sure the gf knows you said hello! The power company was amazingly fast. they changed the fuse but still no power, which equates to yes the transformer said fuck this I'm out! Amazingly again the power company should be here within a couple hours installing the new one, he said it will take them longer to get here then do the job. No idea how much time I went without power. Wrost case scenario is it blew the last time I seen them which was 4:30am, (I work late), which would mean flower missed 5.5 hours, and veg missed 18 hours....but I am optimistic and most likely flower finished its on time before it blew. I will be juicing everything back up in a caouple hours, reseting timers, double and triple checking everything. Also leaving the veg lights on for 24 hours for a few+ days to make sure they don't get fucked up. I just transplanted 28 more 5 gallon sour bubble babys last night, so rough start for them. Luckily she is hardy. You will be finidng that out Mack, ever grown any bog? all Bogs shit is beast, and sour bubble takes the cake. I could literall drop a sb plant off a 200 story building and she would thank me for it.

what a day!

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
Oh man, thats nuts PK. Not surprised it wasn't anything you could control, considering the thought and planning that went into this spot. Hope everything works out alright and doesn't derail your plans. Keep it green homey.

aod

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
good shit that the electric company took care of it and so fast... good shit man i was worried about ya when you called me lol...

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK new transformer is in, they were fast. Looks like my power went down at 9:30 am, meaning the flower was bareily effected, they go off at 10am. Power came back on at 11-12pmish. I am keeping a flouro on in veg 24/7 for a while to discourage any weird shit. It was very very very humid....the leaves had water droplets on them. Nothing like 700 gallons of moist soil sitting in an enclosed space for 9.5 hours....

So I turned everything back on, and I noticed the AC wasn't as cold as normal. The humid warm air is passing over the coil and freezing, eventually slowing the air flow down and hundering the cooling effort greatly. I first noticed it was a taking a little longer to get temps stable. I noticed 1/4" of frost on my copper line that has the cool refridgerant in it, killed ac, turned flouros on in flower.

My theory is once the dehueys have been able to go to work for a while and get me back to normal the AC will be fine. If not, I will have my hvac guy here first thing tomorrow checking coolant levels, relays, and fans.

What a freaking day, I was busy as shit all day busting ass so I can leave town for something important to me. All week I have been telling myself everything will be all good why I am out of town. This is the longest I will have been away from it since I turned it on 4 months ago, 1.5 days.....Then this happens! Now I have a tight scehdule to get shit 100% or I am going to let a packed suitcase and hotel cost go to waste.

Well I have been reading for a bit now and knowing everything was fine prior I am pretty confident the humidity is the main issue then everything will be back to normal.

I did run this with 6K in flower for the past 4 months so I am hoping the obscene humidity is my only issue, if not looks like I am going to miss my trip. If I do get it 101% I at least have my gf doing checking on things for me to keep my mind at ease while I am away, and I am only 1.5 hours away.

Sorry I can't answer everything right now I am just taking a lunch and wanted to update. Crazy shit, but atleast it like someone said it is the power companys fail not mine, everything on my end is solid. Only time will tell right now.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well the AC fan isn't working, I can hear the relay click but nothing, I am guessing a burnt out relay from the power loss episode. Everything else seems to be working great, I was hoping no equipment was harmed. In flouro mode and hvac bright and early....

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
The same shit happened to me a while back. My room developed it's own weather system. It was raining in my room, which was really weird.

At least you HAVE an HVAC guy. Where I'm from, you need a chill HVAC guy, pun intended, and I haven't found one yet. I guess that's another hat that I'll hang in my closet to collect dust, along with all the specality HVAC tools I've purchased over the last couple of months.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cannabunkerman- Yeah man I can relate to the raining as well lol, shits crazy.

Well I spent most the night up researching and testing shit getting a head start on the HVAC guy. After testing today it seems possibly the circuit board got toasted. Luckily the rest of the ac seems to be in good working order. I will have excel on the phone soon to pick their brain before overnighting the part. For now the girls under flouros on timers, dehueys and fans working and all that jazz just no hid or ac....

The 48" 2 bulb standard flouro hanging over the 20 x 10 canopy looks sexy, I might just unplug the 10K and go for the highest yielding flouro grow to date in icmag history. I worked like 18 hours yesturday with no break, got 2 hours of sleep, and I am saying fuck it and leaving town for a night, be back tomorrow! Like my 20th day in a row of straight grinding to I am BEAT! Nothing I can do until the part gets here....

mack 10

Veteran
Man o man, you getting them teething problems,Hope ya can get it sorted asap. Regarding the great Bog, Actually i've never grown or even smoked any bog strains( i don't think,lol) it's just i keep seeing good growers repping bog, i think it was you who said you would bin all your mothers,if ya had too, and just keep the Sour bubz:) so it must be really good, i like the look of sour strawb, sour bubbz or ? what would you recommend? 1st time bog grow, got to tatse and smoke real good though..? greetz mack.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all thanks for the well wishes. I did have a blast on my trip and am BEAT lol Hoping the parts are in Monday, everything is under warranty and the Excel tech support is GREAT. Looks like the air handler fans motor brain got shorted, we were able to trace and isolate it via multimeter. My HVAC guy will be here to install it asap. For now it is just a little warm because it is hot today and my dehueys are working. 82 in flower during hottest part of day I can handle. I have seen bubbles flower in 105F with no co2 (not mine), all my orginal phenos, and they still did just fine. Monday I findout the tracking or hopefully recieve the package before Excel opens on the west coast. Really shitty but I got to stay positive and know that it will all be ok I just lost a few days of early flower light intensity and 100% environmental conditions which honestly isn't all that bad considerig I over vegged these ladies anyways. Everything will workout and be fine, and the bright side is I have abrand new fan motor and transformer for free :)

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Depends where you live. My 6k is about 800/month, at $.24/kwh

Thanks, kind of curious if that kind of usage/billing would alert power company/LEO if in a home. I imagine industrial setting doesn't set off alarms so to speak but in a home if you're three+ times the neighborhood, who knows.

Latest posts

Latest posts