What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2'x2' tent

R

rbt

Hello all; I would appreciate some critical evaluations on first time set up. EBB & FLO 2'x2'x68" DR60 tent, 4" Active Air 165 CFM exhaust, Phresh Carbon filter, 12" oscillating fan mounted to ceiling, California LightWorks 200 W Solar Flare Full cycle. 24"x24' botanicare flow table with a 10 gallon res, timers, and Heavy 16 nuits, was going to start first time soil - but teetering on rockwool
I have 50 gallons of RO water stored ready to go TDS & PH Meter.
I have studied the Heavy 16 site for PPM's and PH think it will be a safe start. I have ran the closet for a week to check temps & Huimidity avg 87 deg F 65% humidity. I will vent the vent another location to bring down to ambient temp of home @75 deg.

I have some sprouts in the set up pic, from some old Columbian seeds I had from 70's. Seeing If I can do this growing thing. Medical reasons have put me back legally where for so many years I tread under the radar, quit for employment now home again. If I can make this work will going shopping for medical CBN strains and some Indica for sleep.

Open to all pointers Thanks
attachment.php

Last edited:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Wish i had that much space to grow :)

Good luck, everything sounds great... Keep an eye on your heat and smells :good:

Cheers,
BeL

R

rbt

Nursery

Nursery

5 days into the new family responsibilities of multiple appearance's of new arrivals let all REJOICE !
I cant be sure of the correct seeds I have planted because all but 4 are from the 60's and 70's, to the best of my knowledge I will list 2 Oaxacan, 2 Thai, 2 Columbian 2 good Mexican, 9 that are on the bottom of the Prince Albert can. Now it looks like all but 1 have sprouted. I will have to pick and chose as I only have a 2x2 tent I really didn't think the one in the can were still good go figure. Looks like I wont have to buy seed again in this life time if the ones in the can are still viable. I bought 20 mixed from Peck seeds (Just in case) the 4 I planted from them all sprouted. Wasn't sure and I really don't know what those are either going to be fun I plan on scrogging if successful in the HUMM tent.

R

rbt

I have a few questions is a 10 gallon res big enough?

I can tie a string from my fan to my light and it will move it back and forth 4 inches without tripping the plastic gear I the fan. Plus blowing over the light helping cool off and right into the carbon filter. Is it advisable to do that move the light back and forth ?

I have noticed that Rock wool different cubes drain at different rates. Then reading in growing posts that you need to check for drainage. There is a difference between vertical spun and horizontal spun of how they orientate the material when they cut it into blocks.
so say I have 20% of my blocks draining slower and I take a nutrient reading of the reservoir during drain cycle comeback 3 hours later and get a different reading as the slow perk rate of a horizontally spun block. Good thing to check all block prior to use

R

rbt

I not sure why I am not able to post picture here anything but in my album what did I miss?
I have there 25 day old plant and it appears they are just no growing up just bushing. I did start the first 10 day with the LED to close but moved it up the last 14 days to 24"

I set the PH daily, the ppm's are inline Heavy 16 with some Canna rhizolonic. lite spray of just Rhizotonic on the leaves 6 time a day for 20 seconds. temp avg.80 deg. water temp 67 deg.

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
When you are writing your post, click "go advanced" then below the text editing field will be a button that says "manage attachments". That will open a new window to upload attachments to.....

Note: this adds the photo to your post. NOT to your album's.

If you want to use albums, do what you have been doing, then when you view the image in you album (large, single photo view), right click and copy IMG url.

Then when making a post use the button that has a pic of a mountain above text edit box and paste your image link.

Good luck with your grow :D
BeL

R

rbt

Here we are At 4 weeks and the little front 5 are from seeds I had from when I was younger some Oaxacan and Acapulco Gold at 3 weeks I know one of them is a Columbian. I threw them in as I was cleaning they did not look good but they sprouted.
I had the light to low at first about 14 inches. and I think I stumped the growth. I am going to start flower this Saturday and cull the males.

I would like to get opinions as to the stumpy and I have a little bit of green alge on to of the 4" rock wool cubes is the a concern?

Last edited:
R

rbt

Some observations from a very first time grower
EBB & FLO ROCK WOOL
1- [GET A PH METER]:fsu: was using the color chart it had worked for me outside.
2- Soak out your ROCKWOOL twice last time for 24 hours picnic cooler works great.
3-LED needs to be at 18 to 24" I have approx. 41 watts per sq ft equivalent to 400 hps I understand I have read.
4- If your PH is rising and your nutrients are rising as well. Your water is going most likely you have nutrient lock.
5- The picture you see above is proof of both of these errors

In the first picture I set my flow table on top of the reservoir inside the tent. well by the 4 week this was not smart. (didn't want to put a hole in the bottom of the tent) Built a table for it to sit on and put in a 20 gallon reservoir put hole in bottom of tent. So basically I rebuilt everything I has originally planned in the first 4 weeks.
CHIME IN LET ME KNOW I hope I can pull it out of lock

R

rbt

Here is 5 weeks been trimming a lot of fan leaves and switched to 12/12 5 days ago looking to sex the males out soon then scrogg. let me know what you think. I made these 2 DIY UVB 13 watt 10.0 CFL lights and hung then next to the SF 200watt Full Spectrum (amazon $28.00 total incl shipping) Cannibalized $16.00 12" Walmart oscillating fan tied a string to it and it pulls the light back and forth 2 inches

View attachment 241511

View attachment 241513

View attachment 241514

Last edited:

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
hey how r u liking the LED light? cuz I was gunna get me one and wanted to see what other people thought of them.

R

rbt

This is my first time with any grow so the LED is great but I don't have any experience with anything else. I can say in the desert of the southwest US. With the AC keeping a ambient temp of 75 the tent temp rarely climbs above 81. and it is a must to keep it 18" or higher first three weeks I was at 12" and it stumped it's growth.

Gelado`

Veteran
Sounds like you have some grail strains there! Those old school strains are pretty much impossible to get in their unadulterated form.

R

rbt

Sounds like you have some grail strains there! Those old school strains are pretty much impossible to get in their unadulterated form.

Not sure what "grail" are as long as they are not infectious I will keep growing it. I am the youngest of a family of 11 kids most my brothers and sister were into the "COUNTER CULTURE" lol. So as time passed and they went their own paths I became the last one with all the old stash places in the tack room. I moved out in 73 I was 23 back from Vietnam living 12 miles north of the Mexican border. We wont go their but all the gold and the good stuff we put in Sir Walter Raleigh cans and stuffed it in the trusses on a ranch close to Bisbee AZ. Now kids are gone I came back the the ranch and look what was still here plus this old hooka pipe boyscout backpack with growing stuff from 40 years ago wow

R

rbt

what you want a pictures of the cans or the seeds? I think I am going to go to the Medical Farmers Market in Phoenix with one of the cans on 11/02 never been to one. After this experiment to see if I could do it I was going to order some Yum Bolt that seems to put me to sleep at night. and some trainwreck that seems to keep the pain and the mind in a manageable spot.