What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First THC, now CBD... what will be the next "breakout" cannabinoid? (or terpene!?)

sadpanda

First THC, now CBD... what will be the next "breakout" cannabinoid? (or terpene!?)

high CBG strains? high THCV strains? when I think about it I'm actually DUMBSTRUCK that man is still so heavily invested in only these 2 cannabinoids of THC and CBD. Especially given the breakthrough (and clear success) of CBD, and given that cannabinoid profiles can be obtained easily and inexpensively with Thin Layer Chromatography [sample] i would've thought there'd be a lot more shall we say entrepreneurial activity in the direction of other cannabinoids, not to mention terpenes :)

Last edited:

Bongstar420

I hate to break it to you, but low tier GG#4 sells 10x faster on the medical menu than the best of the best CBD flower.

Having high CBG/CBC is also practically worthless unless it gets em blasted (which isn't what those two compounds do anyways).

Actually, you can do a basic CBD presence or absence test on your table top with stuff from the hardware store. Lests say, $0.01/test for a basic "more or less" idea of CBD content. Its sensitive enough to show CBD on 3g of leaf.

Once I saw a 10% THCV flower on the med menu...ONCE!

Its all a show...a show to make getting high seem like its "medical"

high CBG strains? high THCV strains? when I think about it I'm actually DUMBSTRUCK that man is still so heavily invested in only these 2 cannabinoids of THC and CBD. Especially given the breakthrough (and clear success) of CBD, and given that cannabinoid profiles can be obtained easily and inexpensively with Thin Layer Chromatography [sample] i would've thought there'd be a lot more shall we say entrepreneurial activity in the direction of other cannabinoids, not to mention terpenes :)

sadpanda

Bongstar420, you seem quite dismissive of the (still quite unknown) medical potential of the other 100+ cannabinoids?

Galaxy420

Bongstar420, you seem quite dismissive of the (still quite unknown) medical potential of the other 100+ cannabinoids?

because cbd and/or thc always are the main compounds per weight in any cannabis we focus on them mostly. until we learn more about those main compounds well...

here's the patent info below for cannabinoids treating cancer and the main compound for the study was CBDv with zero psychoactivity. this patent info shows exactly how to use plants as medicine....

Phytocannabinoids in the treatment of cancer
US 20130059018 A1
Abstract
This invention relates to the use of phytocannabinoids, either in an isolated form or in the form of a botanical drug substance (BDS) in the treatment of cancer. Preferably the cancer to be treated is cancer of the prostate, cancer of the breast or cancer of the colon.

Latest posts

Latest posts