What's new

Canna Stands for Cannabis :)

Kosmo

Meow :wave: welcome!

Names Kos, my friends call me Kosmo and i love growing. any type of medium and type of system. iam an experimenter, i like to try different things. i let my plants tell me what they need, i like to mix alot of old skool smarts with new skool techniques. i read nute bottles like a mofo, and try my best at getting the facts. why am i telling you all this, well i hope it gets you a better understanding of how i work. i look at people asking questions as a sign of intelligence. And i hate lurkers. hope everyone enjoys the new thread and all the goodness. and if you can add to the info, teach me, i love to learn

Day 7/26/07

Strain: Bubba & Master Kush
Medium: 100% b'cuzz coco
System: Handwatered
Lighting/hours on: CFL;s/ 24hours
Water: 50/50% Tap/RO water
Nutes: None
Cab temp/RH: 79/ 80%
pH: N/A
Total Watts used per hour: 180W

Day 7/29/07

Water: 50/50% Tap/RO water = 1 liter
Nutes: canna coco a+b @1.5ml, Liquid Karma @ 4ml = 200ml/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 79/ 80%
pH: N/A

7/31/07

Water: 50/50% Tap/RO water = 1 liter
Nutes: canna coco a+b @1.5ml/liter, HydroGuard @ 5ml/liter = 200ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 74/ 80%
pH: 5.8
Total Watts used per hour: 181W

8-1-07
System: Hand watered
Water: 100% RO water = 1 liter
Nutes: Cal-Mag @ 1ml/liter = 100ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 74/ 80%
pH: 6
Sprayed with VHO @ 1ml/liter

I wasn't gonna water at all today, but then went back and read my OG book (witch every grower should do in the beginning of a grow) and reread the calcium facts. so to prevent a calcium deficiency to begin, i fed recommended dosage of cal-mag to supplement the coco with calcium. Botonicare said to supplement coco with cal-mag for the first 2 weeks, so i'll take their advice. i realized the last chapter(grow) i used Organic Alive to supply the coco with calcium. i might mix OganicAlive again so i can do away with cal-mag

8-2-07
Nutes: Canna Coco A&B @ 1.5ml/liter
Cal-Mag @ 1.25ml/liter = 200ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 79/ 70%
pH: 5.4
Sprayed with LK @ 1ml/liter

8-3-07
Cab temp/RH: 79/ 70%

8-4-07
Cab temp/RH: 73/ 68%
pH: 5.5

8-5-07
Cab temp/RH: 75/ 71%

8-6-07
Nutes: Canna Coco A&B @ 2ml/liter
Cal-Mag @ 1.25ml/liter
Pro-Silicate @ 3 drops = 200ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 76/ 69%

8-7-07
Nutes: Canna Coco A&B @ .6ml/liter
Cal-Mag @ 1.25ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 76/ 60%
I waterd @.6ml/l of canna a+b to see if the plants would show signs of needing food. i also felt that i pushed the nutes to high to fast this time. but after just a few hours after feeding i could tell that they loved the higher nute dose. this is good tho, now i know how low i can go now and how high.

8-8-07
Cal-Mag @ 1.25ml/liter
Pro-Silicate @ 3 drops = 200ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 77/ 61%
Sprayed VHO @2ml/l

VHO has to be used 24hours after being mixed with H2O, dont know if i mentioned that already. The VHO is amazing, even tho its just a diluted kelp extract its truly made a add on to this grow. And i feel that VHO or any kelp extract spray should be used in veg, i can honestly see the difference its made...

8-9-07
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Fulvex Fossil Force @ 1.75ml/liter = 200ml water/ per plant
Cab temp/RH: 74/ 59%

I added Rhizotonic to the nute mix, an amazing root booster. Iam sure after one weeks use we;ll see the advantage it has.
Also added Optimum's Fulvex Fossil Force, its a fulvic additive, cheaper then all the rest but is just as high quality and organic. bc of the low ph i have to give my plants, the humic acid that is in my mix isnt getting its full use. so i added fulvic acid witch is an aged humic acid, chelating the nutrient mix. now my understanding is even with a very high or extremely low ph, when fulvic acid is applied will chelate every element in the nutrient mix and will make it so the plant will be able to absorb(use) the full nutrient mix...
Next time iam gonna mix this fulvic acid with LK to chelate the LK making all the elements available to the plant right away. I think the reason people where getting horn leaves with LK was bc of the high humic concentration in the mix and how it cant be absorbed properly with a hydroponic or soilless ph level.

8-10-07
Nutes: Canna Coco A&B @ 2.5ml/liter
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 74/ 64%

8-11-07
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 78/ 69%

seeing some amazing growth sense adding the Rhizoponic and Fulvic acid. just loving the 100% coco mix, iam gonna stick with this mix for sometime. Now iam not sure if i should make the big leap to H&G or stick to canna nutes. I really dig how H&G has their nutes dialed down. how their enzyme is more focused as a bloom accelerator not only a all around enzyme supplement. but Canna is like a guaranteed fail safe nute line, everything from their Rhizotonic root booster to their amazing cleaner cannazym. Iam forsure will always use Rhizotonic, its proved itself in my garden, some root shots tomarrow

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Well, alrighty...that's one comprehensive lead post...and a job well done!
Thanks for your take on kelp and leaf curl...and the fulvic acid/pH info as well...good input....I plan to try the rhizo soon as I hear good things about it from my friends on here

I'll tag this one...good luck :wave:

Kosmo

8-12-07
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 75/ 51%

The Rhizotonic is working great, got some root shots of the BK(sorry about the crappy shots i didn't want to keep it out of the pot long). gonna keep this nute mix for sometime i dig it alot, saw quite the grow increase sense adding the Rhizotonic and Fulvic acid, and also just feeding everyday. the roots are really established now, thinking about running the drip now and start feeding 2 times a day. gotta give it more thought. enjoy the shots and more to come tomorrow.

Also did anyone else realize that H&G recommends their enzyme supplement used for the beginning of flowering hmmm, wonder if their research on enzymes turned up something canna and the rest of the dutch company's don't know. so iam gonna read up on it some more, maybe any enzyme supplement would work. got so many questions but no one to turn to for an answerer, gonna have to give the Humboldt wholesale a call again :)
http://www.humboldtwholesale.com/products/HG_AquaCocosHydro_chart.php

Last edited:

NorCalChron

way to go Kosmo nice roots developing, i wish my closet was that slick but i still have time to improve :) . btw the hindus are looking pretty nice although i havent even flowered yet, you could get a cut to go with your kush fam :wave:

Kosmo

8-13-07
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 76/ 61%

8-14-07
Rhizotonic @ 2ml/liter
Cab temp/RH: 73/ 56%

Like i said, the plants seam to dig this nute mix and i dont have any complains, the Rhizotonic is working great. the Fulvic acid is chelating the nute mix. Iam just finishing some stuff in the bloom cab and then these babies are gonna be run on drip. witch means i'll be bumping up the feeding to twice a day. witch i i figure will boost growth even more

Kosmo

Well Ive just been feeding my regime > http://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=1224352&postcount=12 <
Its pretty simple....

I transplanted on the 18th fed transplant recipe:
Transplant
-Rhizotonic @ 2-6ml/l
Or
-1)Canna Coco A+B @ 1-5ml/l (depending on growth and strain)
2)Rhizotonic @ 2-6ml/l
and fed the 2nd recipe^, the 1st recipe is for clones or freshly rooted cuttings

Other then that, every things been great. the coco is treating the babys well. i felt like they needed a good flush. bc its been a few weeks and i havnt flushed since the first weeks. Once i have the whole drip set up right, it will be easier to do my once a week flushes(it isn't necessary but i like the idea of flushing a medium) so i flushed yesterday using my flush recipe:

Flushing
-1) Canna Coco A+B @ 1ml/l
2) Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
Or
-Clearex
Or
Plain pH'ed Water

I decided to flush at first with Clearex only, run-off 50%. But then added Veg nutes recipe right after:
1)Canna Coco A+B @ 1-3ml/l (depending on growth and strain)
2)Rhizotonic @ 1-2ml/l
3)Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l

And i'll stay at this regime, for quite awhile. Add AN;s Nirvana/Carboload, and Humboldt Nutrient's Mycro Max. but no hurry as i see it, i rather ease into them to see if they truly benefit the coco medium

2 of the BK;s and 1 of the MK;s are now in bloom. turn on 24hours of darkness after feeding 1st 3 weeks bloom recipe today:
Bloom (1st. three weeks)
1)Canna Coco A+B @ 2.5-5ml/l (depending on growth and strain)
2)Rhizotonic @ 1-2ml/l
3)Cannazym @ 2.5ml/l
4)Fulvic acid @ 1.7ml/l
5)CannaBoost @ 2-4ml/l

I;ll add pictures when i get the time... sorry about not keeping up on this thread, i wont let that happen again.... enjoy

Peace and Love
-The Kos

Last edited:
G

great write up and report ,,,just fyi canna coco a+b already contains fulvic acid so need for any extra ,,contains humic acid too at no extra cost

Kosmo

hazyfontazy said:
great write up and report ,,,just fyi canna coco a+b already contains fulvic acid so need for any extra ,,contains humic acid too at no extra cost

Oh i know, But that really just chelate's the canna coco A+B mix. it doesn't hurt to add more fulvic especially in a hydroponic pH level, where the humic cant be absorbed unless you use a good fulvic source. Also adding more Fulvic can help reduce stress, and also reduce stretch, And also does wonders as a folair/root feeding in the beginning of bloom.

At first i was using it the whole growth stages, but then did alot more research and found that, yes it benefits to use throw out the grow,But it really shows its wonder when used in the beginning of bloom.
Optimum Hydroponix is becoming realy popular around my area, and they foucus on using fulvic for the beginning of bloom, they also have the cheapest fulvic around only 8$ a liter.
I;ll start folair feeding fulvic acid tomarrow, when the lights turn on again. using my regime:
1st three weeks of Bloom: Fulvic acid @ 3-5ml/l

Last edited:

Kosmo

going good

going good

Meow!! :)

Things are going good, been real busy these last few weeks.
Babys in bloom:
I added AN's Carboload to the regime, for bloom. i hope that will help add on weight, and also aid in the enzym mix.
Iam started testing products for my local hydroshop again. These last weeks i have tested(or in the middle of testing), Humboldt Nutrients Mayan MicroZyme(Home teaed, Enzyme, carbs, flavor enhancer), Dutch Master's Liquid Light+Penetrator(foliar feeding, Utilize lights more) , Advance Nutrients Scorpion Juice(root feeding for weeks 1,2,3 of bloom, Resin enhancer)

Humboldt Nutrients Mayan MicroZyme is really something, i want to really dive in and use this whole line of additives. But with coco, i feal the simple works far better. I still want to try a coco grow using the HN additive line-up, just not right now...

Dutch Master's Liquid Light+Penetrator is crazy, just insane. one light spray, and 4 hours later you have your whole plant reaching for the skys. some people dont seam to like the effect it has. but i really like how fast this product works, it makes me want to look and try DM;s Gold nutrient with coco. so far ive tryed just their new Liquid Light witch is a part of the new Gold line. I made a new regime using this new DM LL in veg...
Sun-DM's Liquid Light
Mon-Nothing
Tues-AN's VHO
Weds-Nothing
Thurs-DM's Liquid Light
Fri-Nothing
Sat-AN's VHO
People that use the DM Liquid Light more then twice a week get burn. i personally really feal this product isnt needed for most people, its defiantly not something you should loose sleep over trying to get it. iam personally only gonna use it for veg using CFL, or if i was doing a SOG and trying to use minimal light...

Advance Nutrients Scorpion Juice, now this is a product i really wouldn't have bought with my own money. but it was free, so i was all about testing it. They gave me the liter of Scorpion Juice for a mission, the Mission: To test weather AN's SJ would enhance resin development during bloom. So far the test has proved successful, instead of spraying AN SJ during bloom, we apply to the roots. And in week 1.5 of bloom only 4days after getting a feed of SJ we see a dramatic difference in the visible trich count. Now this stuff is expensive, so what is it i thought. BAM!! its simple. willow bark(the hormone in the bark)+iner shell part of crabs(the hormone in the iner shell). the Hormone contained in the crabs shell when applied to a plant, triggers a attach on the plant(makes the plant think its getting eaten by bugs when its not) so the plant puts up a decency, and the plant gets stronger and can handle real attaches like its nothing at all. When you do this in bloom, the plant puts up those defenses and when the plants building up those buds, whats the defense system it uses? the trichs, so the plant goes into over drive producing resin/trich. Now the Willow bark hormone is used in the Scorpion Juice as a kind of stress reducer kinda like applying b1, it also helps the hormone in the shells get used almost right away by the plant. Willow bark hormone can be used to root cutting(if u didnt know already)

Well iam done rambling, sorry about that, long overdue update... i;ll be sure to add pics when i get the time(sorry it might take me a day or two)

Last edited:

Kosmo

Oh one last thing, i really want to add Silica to my regime. to build up defense systems and stems to handle more nugs, also handle the heat and soon the cold better. We also get alot of powder mildew problems around here come winter time, so adding alittle silica should help defend the PM. Was thinking about using it as a pH up, as i used to in soil. But i really dont use pH up anymore, and if i do i use Rhizotonic. So i was thinking about adding something to the medium that would aerate it more(not like it needs it lol :D) and add silica little at a time, every time i water. Then it hit me Higromite is becoming real popular around my area, and it contains a good amount of silica and dosnt throw off pH like hydroton. anyone have any experience using hydroton in coco, or at all? Or maybe i should just buck up and use the Pro-Silicate(silica) i have. the only problem i have with Pro-Silicate is you have to use quite alot, compare to AN's Barricade. Only time will tell....

Last edited:
G

dutch masters products work well with coco ive found ,i use the folitech and max veg and both work wonders ,

S

suckerrepellent

lookin forward to the visual updates my man. this is lookin good, and i LOVE the extensive documentation. definately a good guide for anyone looking at the combination of choices in nutes and such.

Kosmo

suckerrepellent said:
lookin forward to the visual updates my man.

9-7-07

pics from 9-7-07, about a week after switching to 6on/18off. 2xBubba Kush's in the back, & 1xMaster Kush in the front

The mums in veg, MK on the right(being LST'ed), BK on the left. these will be cut and put in my aero-cloner soon(not sure yet, probby next week)

Kosmo

9-18-07

Alright, I need to take these babys out next week to give them a good flush, so i;ll take some good pics without the hps glow... Once again, MK in front, BK in back

Mums in veg again, MK on right, BK on left side

S

suckerrepellent

lookin beautiful man, im jealous of that bubba bush. cant wait for flower to begin.