What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis-related VT News Stories

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I haven't read the whole law, but make sure they didn't make an exemption for seeds. I think Rhode Island or Connecticut has mostly the same wording, but they exempt seeds and they are illegal still there.

yardgrazer

I was talking about the pot plants in the state house flower beds.

There is supposed to be a "genetics swap" at an event coming up in Brattleboro in a few weeks, but of course it's on a day I'm busy. Kinda skeptical anyway.

Last edited:

yardgrazer

Turns out the Brattleboro event was cancelled due to the extreme heat. No idea if they have a... "rain" date.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gotta find that Bernie OG
It's free!!!!
Only drawback is your hand shake uncontrollably when you smoke it. lol

yardgrazer

Heh, well not to worry then, looked at the H'dy website, they're having another event in September that is nominally a make-up date for the July event. Seems a bit late for a "genetics swap" (maybe it's a seed swap?) but I suppose it's never too soon to start planning for next year.

radioman

I see another Burlington Business - Ridin' High Skate Shop - got busted for selling weed out of their shop. Now the Feds are getting involved - It seems the owners were openly selling pot to children (teenagers & such) or maybe they were just selling it to anybody. the undercover cops had no trouble buying it there...
My views - I'm against people selling pot to children. Yes, I smoked pot when I was a teen but I got it from my brother or cousins or other relatives that were about the same age as me. Burlington is very lax on marijuana (even before legalization). It is very easy to get a bag in Burlington. You have to be really doing something wrong to be busted for selling weed in Burlington & I believe these people were. Let kids be kids & let them grow up on their own...

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I see another Burlington Business - Ridin' High Skate Shop - got busted for selling weed out of their shop. Now the Feds are getting involved - It seems the owners were openly selling pot to children (teenagers & such) or maybe they were just selling it to anybody. the undercover cops had no trouble buying it there...
My views - I'm against people selling pot to children. Yes, I smoked pot when I was a teen but I got it from my brother or cousins or other relatives that were about the same age as me. Burlington is very lax on marijuana (even before legalization). It is very easy to get a bag in Burlington. You have to be really doing something wrong to be busted for selling weed in Burlington & I believe these people were. Let kids be kids & let them grow up on their own...
Exactly .

I wouldn't buy beer for them, i certainly wouldn't buy them weed.

yardgrazer

I suspect the US atty's statement covers most of why this guy got busted... if you deal to teens, have a violent criminal record, or have a blatant dealing operation in a really public place, they're gonna prioritize busting you. All kind of a big "duh"

yardgrazer

I heard on public radio that there's a new advocacy group going, the Vermont Growers Association... apparently it's aimed at the THC growing community, and developing the adult use marijuana market in VT (including working with the legislature).

Time will tell.

yardgrazer

Anyone check out the Harvest Fest thing Heady Vermont did in Brattleboro over the weekend? As always, I was away (I should just tell my wife about any upcoming cannabis related events so she can plan a weekend away for those dates... save me time hoping I might be able to make it to one... ever).

Sunshineinabag

i have seeds love to gift or trade.......not trade for other seeds, but whatever; food/firewood

i also have a mother of Ace purple haze/thai, i think its a variation from oldtimers haze. she needs to go, i dont want to chop her, i dont have anyone in my rolodex that is.....skilled enough to let her go to. fantastic grow and smoke.

i had an altercation possibly involving the great dept of children and families here in greenneck heaven.....a real spincter-puckerer. then was told by a couple people who have some salt in what they say that dcf doesnt act on any cannabis cases in vt....anybodyhave experience in this area?

im central eastern townships, close to 91.....ill be on/off here for the day, dont mind driving a bit.....

and if ya got this far, also up for either gift or chop is a grail-cailber cross of dinafem super silver with some local genetics and northern lights in there, maybe others...

give a shout, let me know

Talk to meh brah......I move into cannageowers Paradise in a week fuken bout time

E

ESTERCHASER

yeah i concur with the ridiculousness of mindset these legislatures mindsets are dialed onto..........I do know that we have a couple on the legislature that have had really bad personal experiances with vermonts mental health system so they got themselves "healthy" mentally ("according to vermonts def of mental health lmao") they have gone out of their ways to get legislation passed so its next to impossible now in vt to help those who are mentally unstable and in the public being a danger to themselves or others, in the past the crisis mental health workers for the howard center for example could at least intervene and get the person somewhere stable to be calmed down or stabilized. Now you need a court order from a ridiculous red tape circus to get them help in those situations, just a small example of the weirdness going on in montpeculiar.......do any of you vermonters have access to a CMH thats well built/warranteed type lighting i could try out?

E

ESTERCHASER

DCF

DCF

Talk to meh brah......I move into cannageowers Paradise in a week fuken bout time

considering ive seen women who allowed their child to wander the street of burlington VT in a diaper at 6 yrs old until 1 oclock in the afternoon(child was up at 7am) she then proceeds to not call the police to report him missing until 4pm...................she is addicted to online gaming, they gave her a reunification voucher to be a good mother..............ive seen so many twisted situations where the child is being used as a pawn to get the dysfunctional parent to get their shit together and its not right imho.
This states DCF and mental health systems need to be COMPLETELY douched and redone.I would not trust anything anyone says even if their tongue comes notarized my friend in regards to DCF in vermont.
I'm reminded of a case in central VT a few yrs ago when a mother who was under dcf "care" was told they were going to take her kid, she called them said if you try to take my kid i will kill you, they came anyway and the dcf worker is dead.:comfort::comfort:

idk man

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
it is a scary thought, i know of tweaker thief felon drug addicts who also dealt in cannabis who have had children locked up or in foster care, and also plenty of thief felon drug addict tweakers and children thereof Not arrested or caught but instead running wild on the loose until something bad usually happens, often times leaving behind young children from unstable relationships when they overdose

but i am not aware of anyone solely specifically dealing in cannabis that had that kind of family trouble. really concerning altogether because separating the tweaker heroin cocaine drug addict cannabis dealers, from cannabis growers who are good parents, is not easy when so much is treated as a gray area or muddy waters legal social stigma etc

yardgrazer

I can't say anything very factual about VT and DCF, but in MA there's "unusual lifestyle" caselaw that says drug use alone is not sufficient evidence of neglect (the case is actually about a cocaine addict who was otherwise a reasonable parent, but for obvious reason it extends to marijuana as well).

E

ESTERCHASER

i have a neighbor whod rather stare at her laptop then raise her kid..............priorities i tell ya!

yardgrazer

VT House passed their regulated sales bill and sent it off to the Senate. NOFA VT and other groups are opposed as it gives first dibs to existing medical dispensaries, basically a corporate handout. From what I've heard the med dispensaries aren't great in VT, so I presume this means we'll end up with something shitty. Governor hasn't indicated what he'll do with it once the senate approves, he wanted warrantless saliva testing, the house/senate version requires a warrant. If he vetoes it would put it off until next year.

Sunshineinabag

How can we find folks in montpeculiar in govt to spend allocated funds appropriately? The last 15 yes have seen a disproportionate amount of embezzlement for such a small state......I mean like shane lynn needs a fuken handout lol
Phil Scott needs to be fed 500 mg into his favorite drink...
Full spectrum lol

Latest posts

Latest posts