What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

*Friends in Ganja Grow Show* Featuring Mr.Postman, Tbug, MeltingPOT

TBug

Plz forget you know me...Sugaree
Veteran
High post! Thats great news. Plants def look good. So you dont use the nova veg at all...even in veg? So you think 4ml per gal of fnb is fine just like that..with nothing else. I have several BDLs ima puttin in the coco room and switchin to 12/12. I was thinkin id use up the remainder of the fnb I have on hand.
They commin from the aeroflo system and will need to adjust to the coco. If you got a good base recipe, id like to hear it...lol.
Peace and thanks, bugout

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Hey Hey...
Post...how much headroom you got, and how tall are those gals? I thought they were already in flower bro, she's gonna stretch prettttttttttty good on ya...They all look awesome from here man, as usual, your gardens are flippin organized and spot on...About her veg, that's what really is cuckoo about her, she's old but she's got no "virus", she grows NUTTTTTTY and clones easy...She's a rare specimen....
Bug...yer garden looks awesome my friend...I gotta get my shit straight over here and get some TW going...is that the #4 that you have in aero?
Here are a couple shots of the ECSD gal I have finishing up...she is not too happy with me this run...
picture.php

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
High post! Thats great news. Plants def look good. So you dont use the nova veg at all...even in veg? So you think 4ml per gal of fnb is fine just like that..with nothing else. I have several BDLs ima puttin in the coco room and switchin to 12/12. I was thinkin id use up the remainder of the fnb I have on hand.
They commin from the aeroflo system and will need to adjust to the coco. If you got a good base recipe, id like to hear it...lol.
Peace and thanks, bugout

Nah no veg nute tbug.. I've been using the floranova bloom only. That's supposedely gh's answer for the lucus formula in 1 bottle at 8ml nova bloom per gallon.. The n-p-k-mg ratio is close to what ya get if you were running the flora micro/bloom at 8/16. I got that info from this thread here http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21119

This is the first time I'm using it on anything more then mother plants, so take what I'm doing for what it is. A trial run.. I started them off at4ml fnb right after the tranplant, and now I'm feeding a lil more then 4ml fnb + 2ml per gallon of cal/max+.. Basically I started them off low, and im slowly bringing up the dosages.. I'm hoping by next week (flower) I'l be able to increase the dose the fnb up towards 6-7ml per gallon, and plan to bump the p-k with liquid koolbloom when the time comes for that..

U mine as well use it up though if you got it.. We'll learn together in coco. it's working reallly nicely on my mother plants in promix at that 4-5ml per gallon dosage. I feed them that with minimal run-off and give em a flush every 2 weeks or so..

Meltingpot I wasn't planning on growing them to big, but I did want to get them rooted well in the containers, and wanted to wait till they weren't looking so short on mag/cal. I still have a good bit of head room left, and even more if I go ahead and drop these 3gal into 5gal buckets instead of the grates/catch pans I have em on now. I'll go ahead and flip tomorrow. I have the tomato cages in there to hold em back a bit, and I'm not of afraid of a little bending/snapping, and bondage if it comes to that.. Pix are little decieving, I do have some room on either sides of the plants if I need to bend em sideways a bit..

Last edited:

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
Mister P,MP,T-bug this is a great thread an i will be chimein in 2 see how things turn out 4 u guyz
peace

D

DJXXPLATINUM

mister, mp and t-bug!!!the three ganja stooges!!!just teasing man everything looks fukn stellar!! i love the way the trainwreck bx1 looks!!! and the screen will be so awesome when they develope!!! just an awesome thread!!!! three-way ganja at its finest!!!! the last three man performance of this magnitude was the RUSH tour in 05!!their bassist geddy lee is jus fukn awesome!!!you guys rock!!! dj

TBug

Veteran
High scoot and plat! Welcome and thanks for stoppin in guys! glad you are enjoying the show...lol.
Melt, those look awsome..happy or not. I assume they are as tight and solid as they look..lol?...75 days huh?
great job!
peace, bugout

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They'll be solid stinky rocks T...I could have fed her longer, and stronger...my room coulda been cooler...yada yada yada...I'll do her gently next run, which'll begin whenever this gal tumbles down...

D

DJXXPLATINUM

she don't look ugly at all!!

she don't look ugly at all!!

Wonder Diesel...Taking it hard already...
picture.php

ECSD finishing......She really uglied up on me...she's flushing...
picture.php
well ugly girlz need love too!! i'll be glad to take her and show her some love....right before i cut her throat!! he he dj

TBug

Veteran
High all! Well the budsites are forming up everywhere. this is going to be one packed crop! these pics are once again delayed..I think i took them around Tues or Wed. they have been very thirsty ladies and have been keeping me on my toes as far as rez changes. Im up to once a week again, and thats just keeping up...lol...
1abccc.JPG

I let the side shoots streach a bit more. They should fill in nicely. I do have the ability to get in there and hang weights on em if need be...
DSCN8709.JPG

Some decent shots of the structure/bud developement of the Train Wreck. Most is the #4, while the ones with the fewer fingers are the #2.\ this here is #2(max 9 fingers)...
DSCN8715.JPG

While the #4 has a max of 13 fingers..lol..
1aban.JPG

So theres what it looked like during the week, guess I could get some current pics tomorrow...lol.
peace and hope you enjoy, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
That's going to be one insane scrog Tbug. AWESOME!!

I know for a fact those tw are going to keep u on ur toes the next few weeks as they stretch, stretch, and spread out a lil more.. The #4 more so then #2.. I believe the #4 shows slightly more of the landrace thai that's in the lineage (oriental express). Bud sites on top of budsites from the lowest branches right on up to the tippy top colas on that one.. It's like it explode in all directions once set to 12/12.

They were different enough in structure, flavor-smell to deserve a few more grows before choosing THE ONE outta the two. I'm lookin forward to ur opinion on them both. The #2 is more along the lines of the arcata cut I do believe, where the #4 like I said, seems to show a lil more thai-sativa traits.. Similar in flavor & smell, though #2 contains a bit more lemon, where as the #4 has more of the menthol-lime-cleaner funk going on. I find it very hard to choose which is the more potent outta the two.. I know your an indica typa guy, but I think you'll end up real pleased with the effects these buds provide. It's has a real nice mellow trippy head high, with a body numbing stone that beats out a lot of the more indica based strains I've tried.

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killer update T...not even worth labeling the TW's, the #4's finger count is cuckoo like you said...

Some ECSD finishing.
picture.php

Some WonderDiesel...Her nugs look a shitload like the ECSD...During veg she looked a lot like the Sour also, but she gives off much more foliage than the Sour during flower, and the fans don't look like Diesel anymore...Cannot wait to try her...
picture.php

picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Damn you guys are killing it!!! :woohoo: I Don't think you can ask for a better start to a grow show. I sure as hell hope the ending doesn't disappoint Lmao :rasta:

Tbug I really dig how you have all those branches lined up on the screen.. Your taming that bitch beautifully so far.

Meltingpot It's awesome to finally see that wonder diesel being grown by such skilled hands.. To be honest I've never seen that plant looking so healthy. With that hedge type growth of her I almost always have to trim out a good bit of the lowers.. She certainly makes for a nice even canopy of buds though.. I'm kinda glad your noticing some differences between the wd, and ecsd now. Maybe it wont be so redundant after all. She reeks a lovely lemon-pine cleaner scent that no amount of bags can contain:yoinks: Maybe she'll end up being a nice even mix of williams wonder, and the sour diesel..

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
The plants were finally looking better, so I set them to flower a couple days ago. I figured I'd take them out of the tent for pics before it gets to crazy in there LOL...

So far the ecsd plants have been outgrowing the tw, and wd by quite a bit.. I've already came to realization that I may haveta relocate a plant to buddies house to finish up flowering depending how they do through the stretch.. If that's the case it'll prolly be the wd as that one is quite a bit shorter then the others (and I keep a nice stash;)) We'll see...

The last few days I've been using the cal/mag+ to take my pure water up to ~100-150ppm to start, and then adding the novabloom at ~5ml per gallon.
Ecsd
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Trainwreck bx1 #4 I really dig how this plant grows.. She's just bout to explode!!
picture.php

Wonder Diesel ix
picture.php

TBug

Veteran
High post! Your plants look healthy as usual. I really like the use of the tomato cages. Ima gonna have to get me some of them! You ECSD looks more leafy and branchy than mine. I do believe you fed them more than me, what lighting did you use during veg?
i cannot seem to get her to branch out at all under my current settings...lol

High melt! those look great for sure. is that the ix or original(or did you say already..lol).
Wich did you perfer. I got a lil bag of each, and im still deciding which smoke i like. But as far as growth, I truely enjoy the small/few leaves that the orig puts out.

Thanks guys!
Peace, bugout

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Hey Tbug, thanks bro. I can tell you exactly what it was.. Feeding the nova bloom through veg. Having vegged the ecsd cut for months with the 6/9 lol, I noticed quite a difference this time through with the floranova bloom. I really think the higher p-k, and lower n ratio made for much tighter nodes, and thicker stems on the ecsd. While the ecsd seemed to like it, my wdix is much shorter then usual, twice as bushy.

I'm vegging and flowering under a hotilux super hps 600.. Next time you veg the ecsd try topping at about the 4 node, and then fim the two dominant shoots after that. ECSD seems to respond really nicely to the fim cuts IME..

Also mp is flowering the WDix... You're the lucky guy who got em both LOL.. Actually mp asked which I liked more, and I do believe the ix edges it out slightly in the scent/flavor departments. The original wd yields better, and has a much nicer growth structure though imo.. The wd orig looks like a tighter noded thicker stemmed ecsd, adn the ix grows much shorter-bushier then the both of them..

Last edited:

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well....looks like I'll be purchasing a bottle of Flora Nova Bloom:joint:
Those plants are RIDICULOUS MrPosT...absolutely gorgeous. I am jealous by the way you have her looking! She's really going to produce for you the way that you have her set up bro, great J-O-B.
I forget how nice it is vegging with WATTAGE...I have a 200watt compact that just doesn't do what my old 400MH used to...600 is BATHING in sunshine bro...Do I sound jealous yet??? just wait lmao...

Old ECSD shot in ProMix...last winter I believe..
picture.php

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
Well....looks like I'll be purchasing a bottle of Flora Nova Bloom:joint:
Those plants are RIDICULOUS MrPosT...absolutely gorgeous. I am jealous by the way you have her looking! She's really going to produce for you the way that you have her set up bro, great J-O-B.
I forget how nice it is vegging with WATTAGE...I have a 200watt compact that just doesn't do what my old 400MH used to...600 is BATHING in sunshine bro...Do I sound jealous yet??? just wait lmao...

SWEET!! If you think the ECSD are looking RIDICULOUS, then I cant help but be pleased:woohoo: I've been drooling over your ecsd pics for the last year or more, so your opinion matters LOL. I just hope I can control the stretch through the next few weeks..

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the fnb had something to do with how they're shaping up.. But now that you mention the light, it is the first time I'm vegging under the 600. I usaully use 400cmh + cfls for the first few vegging weeks in the tent, before turning on the 600hps for flower. Either way the ecsd looks much better then I thought she would. She always grew so lanky for me up until now....

bigscoot

legal medical grower got my card & paper work 2 pr
Veteran
nice -n- bushy mister P what was the ratio of fnb & fng that u used per gal on them
schweet pic MP

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
nice -n- bushy mister P what was the ratio of fnb & fng that u used per gal on them
schweet pic MP

Thanks bigscoot.. I did not use the grow bottle of fn at all. I ran fnbloom the whole way through veg-flower. When I tranplanted them into the 3gal containers they were already nicely established plants coming from red beer cups, so I started them off at 4ml per gal of fnb, and planned to slowly increase the dosage as needed.. When I saw them looking a lil mag deficient with the 4ml, I gave them a bump of cal-mag at 1-2ml per gallon, and then moved the dosage up to 5ml fnb per gallon with the next feeding. Right now 5ml per gallon looks to be working perfectly by itself, and with how they are growing, I do not believe they will want for much more then that for a while. Maybe I'll hit 6ml through peak flower, but we'll see.. It's my first time using the nova, so I'm taking it slow and am learning as I go..

The newer feed schedules gh has for the keep it simple drain to waste regimen seems to be an ideal starting point IMO, though I dont believe in the coco I'll be needing to go as high as the 7.5ml per gallon dosage reccomended for aggressive veg-flower. Since coco allows for some salt buldup, I feel that 5-6ml per gallon fnb plus a bump of liquid koolbloom through high poduction times in flower shall do it.. while most nute companies recomended scheduls seem way to high for coco, I was pleased to find that these newer schedules were much closer to the dosages used by those on this forum with success. Even the gh 3part was adjusted for the 2 bottle micro/bloom feedings a lot on here like to use... only for agressive bloom, but either way it's good see a company watching what the masses are doing, and actually making the adjustments.
http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GH_KeepItSimple_DrainToWaste.pdf

Last edited: