What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
wel it's that time of year. Who else is growing the reaper this year? I've got 30 seeds in here and about 10 are up within a week. I got faster germ rates on average than from the original seedstock.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
wel it's that time of year. Who else is growing the reaper this year? I've got 30 seeds in here and about 10 are up within a week. I got faster germ rates on average than from the original seedstock. [URL=http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag230/mrtea1523/Mobile%20Uploads/0311160716_zpszbfnmacf.jpg]View Image[/URL]

yo MrTea... my reaper's already have buds... ofcourse they were brought in last fall, pruned back almost to the ground, and put into a greenhouse room for the winter...I'm going to clip off all the early buds, trim those babies up a bit, and get em ready for the great outdoors... I'm thinking my 1st peppers will be picked sometime in june... 2months earlier then seeded plants.. pictures will follow...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no reaper seeds this year yet, got tons of other peppers coming up right now: 3 diferent habs, some ghosts, and a zesty hab with NOT heat....
plus so many tomatoes and some cold weather greens.... so far :D

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No Reapers, but one Douglah cross survived my care.

image_1.jpg

First year actually overwintering. The last two winters I've just let them do their thing under CFL's, clipped back and fed as needed.

This time I went stump. Two died from overwatering, the survivor lost all but one of the main branches.

Topdressed with a mixture of coir, castings, fish bone/kelp/oyster shell meal after it started pushing foliage and calcium/nitrogen deficiencies reared their heads.

Might actually get around to setting up a small indoor spot now that I have the gear.

Last edited:

Space Toker

Veteran
well I lost touch here, posting on the end of page 2 so have some catching up to do. But this year, I have the same lineup including Carolina reaper and intend to enjoy them all. I had the pepper joe or whoever it is, I had his dried free samples and it was nice but I think fresh Hahanero is hotter, even the supermarket version which is $2.69 but what I can consume sensibly in a week cost 16 cents nontheless! The Orange Habanero I use a couple thin slices at a time chopped finely into my food and it is nice for sure, but I used to be able to eat a whole one on a slice of bread 10 years ago without too much trouble. Well, I enjoyed the taste of the tiny immature scorpions and reapers I got... hopefully this year I can experience the full deal! the hottest buffalo wild wings make me sweat like hell and turn beet red, but after I feel great and would do it again and again.

corky1968

Veteran
I grew a few Trinidad Morugas Scorpions last year.

I actually saved the nicest one and it's still alive as a house plant. :woohoo:

I will have to transplant it in May as it's currently in maybe 1 1/2 gallon plastic can and is almost 4 feet tall.

It only produced one pepper last year because I kept it indoors.
Lots of flowers were produced. But I know nothing about hand pollination.
The flowers kept falling off. :confused:

So this year, I'll be moving it to a family members house and placing it outdoors for the bees to do their job.

BTW: That one pepper numbed my tongue in less than 30 seconds.

I'll try to take a pic tomorrow when the light goes back on.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted a list of potential causes of flower drop a few pages back, over feeding and overwatering are the most common.

corky1968

Veteran
Here's 2 pics I just took 10 minutes ago of my single Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. I like to take my plants for a misting in the shower.
But I use a spray bottle and not the shower head. Notice the size of the spray bottle. It's dwarfed by the plant.The plant from the top
of the soil is 42 inches tall and 28 inches at it's widest. The plant is actually 1 year old. It sprouted above the soil on March 28, 2015.

I'll be repotting it next month after I move it to my family members place. I hope she makes lots of insanely hot peppers this Summer.

picture.php

This pic was taken from standing on a chair.

picture.php

armedoldhippy

Veteran
i can't imagine eating some of these peppers you folks are showing. i accidentally got habenero juice in my eyes once, took pouring a quart of milk in them before i could stop crying, LOL! told my wife that if she ever called the law on me to tell them in advance it was going to be a damn gun fight, no one was getting close enough to pepper spray me ever again...:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i can't imagine eating some of these peppers you folks are showing. i accidentally got habenero juice in my eyes once, took pouring a quart of milk in them before i could stop crying, LOL! told my wife that if she ever called the law on me to tell them in advance it was going to be a damn gun fight, no one was getting close enough to pepper spray me ever again...:tiphat:

i'd take one in the mouth before the eye anyday....
:laughing:

my reaper seeds are in the soil, plus many other hots....

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Here's 2 pics I just took 10 minutes ago of my single Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. I like to take my plants for a misting in the shower.
But I use a spray bottle and not the shower head. Notice the size of the spray bottle. It's dwarfed by the plant.The plant from the top
of the soil is 42 inches tall and 28 inches at it's widest. The plant is actually 1 year old. It sprouted above the soil on March 28, 2015.

I'll be repotting it next month after I move it to my family members place. I hope she makes lots of insanely hot peppers this Summer.

View Image

This pic was taken from standing on a chair.

View Image

that's not a plant.... it's a TREE...

scooby5.0

reapers

reapers

hello new to the forum and was wondering are these a type of reapers have heard of different types and shape reapers.thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2944.JPG
    IMG_2944.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 32

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe a cross. There's a strong habanero shape, a red, Savina perhaps, but some look to have a bit of blistering.

How's the heat? Reapers are like a too strong dose of LSD. There's this nagging feeling (in your mind, your mouth is burning or numb) that you've started something you don't want to finish, but too late, you bought the ticket, the roller coaster is in motion.. nothing to do but sit back and avoid spreading the freak out..

There's an ID subforum on THP, you'll get a more accurate ID there. With less drug addled rambling too.

scooby5.0

thanks for the reply. they are pretty damn hot.i bought them from hirt's garden..ill check out the id subforum.thanks again

R

Rubber Chicken

One dried pepper is good for 3 pots of chili....probably more. It's lava going in your body and it's lava going out.

This is hilarious.......... :laughing:

I have just germinated a few different types of hot peppers..... Habanero, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia and Carolina Reaper.

For me, the measly Jalapeno is nearly too hot. :redface: :yikes:

I will take the most tiny nibble on one too see how it feels but i imagine someone will try to be a showoff and eat one, and then probably want me to call the ambulance when they start to freak out. :bigeye:

R

Rubber Chicken

If i take just a TINY piece of a Carolina Reaper, like just the tip of the tail, will it make me freak out?

I just want to experience the heat, not have it flowing all over my insides.

Remember, Jalapenos seem hot to me.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
If i take just a TINY piece of a Carolina Reaper, like just the tip of the tail, will it make me freak out?
I just want to experience the heat, not have it flowing all over my insides.
Remember, Jalapenos seem hot to me.

rubber... nip the tip... shouldn't be tooo hot... if u can stand the tip nip a little further... it get hotter the deeper u go... somewhat like a woman:biggrin::biggrin:...

I am growing reapers,ghosts,trinidad scorp's... why..??... I have no idea as they r way tooo hot, n imo have little taste...

I also have lemon hots/carrot,jalepeno's,serranos/etc while hot, actually r tasty...

R

Rubber Chicken

I think it's the novelty that people like.

I imagine them to feel like putting out a cigar in my tounge but all over the mouth.

Latest posts

Latest posts