What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

Fitzera

Haha it's all good brother

Here's what I do. Click the little mountain/sun icon to the top right of the message area.
Input the url in the top url field (there's a second one lower down, don't use it). Uncheck the box directly under where you put the url. And then resize the image (it takes a second for the numbers to be there, before you change them). I find using 800 I the first box seems a good size...at least on my mobile. Not sure how it appears on desktop.

Hope that helps, if not I'll take a screenshot to show what I mean.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Haha it's all good brother

Here's what I do. Click the little mountain/sun icon to the top right of the message area.
Input the url in the top url field (there's a second one lower down, don't use it). Uncheck the box directly under where you put the url. And then resize the image (it takes a second for the numbers to be there, before you change them). I find using 800 I the first box seems a good size...at least on my mobile. Not sure how it appears on desktop.

Hope that helps, if not I'll take a screenshot to show what I mean.
Thanks fitzera,
I'm so lost.
I don't even see the mountain sun icon.

There's so many different drop windows I don't know where anything is.

I'm on a mobile too.
On top right of my message box the icons are : paper clip, letter a, and smiley face.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Oh I'm getting mad now. I just took a screenshot to show you what my screen looks like, but my idiot ass forgot that won't do any good since I can't post pics.
I like the tagging function, and notification swhen someone mentions you, but this as a whole is ridiculous

Fitzera

The way to do it is in that link Mallard posted, but I'll post my screenshots for you as well.

So first things first, give yourself a few extra lines of space by hitting your return/enter button a few times. I found that without that extra space, there's basically nothing to select with your finger that will allow you to add more text or another picture. So: enter, enter, enter. Once you've got some space, put your text cursor back to the line you want to input your picture to. Then you'll need to click this icon:
xs3pzm.jpg

Then you'll input the url in the area I've circled, ensure the box right under it is unchecked. On my phone its always checked, and I found it won't work if it is. After you've put the url in, it might take a few seconds before there are any numbers appearing in the lower box I've circled. Once the numbers appear, you'll want to resize the first one, something like 800 seems good for me. The second box will automatically changed in relation to the first. Then click OK and you should be good to go.
a97zz7.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm here.. just not posting much till I have the time to sit down and read the instructions posts above.
I actually posted a pic in the frosty bud thread but it only posted small thumbnail.
I'm sure I can figure it out with the detailed directions above, but.. I don't know.. since the added stress of quitting work to take care of my grandparents, while at the same time making massive upgrades and improvements to my grow room, my brain can't process new info or something.. I'm 4/3rds retard now..
I definitely want to thank Fitzera for the post and Mallard for the link. I just can't hang right now.

​​​​​​
​​​​​​CHopped down the 4x4. Lost a little bit of Critical Mass to bud Rot. Dreamin Dubble did great. 3 had no mold at all, and one had a nickel sized piece.
the PurpAl x Purple Satellite cross is the absolute densest buds I've ever grown. It's suprising because the Purple Satellite was a an airy sativa. But these buds are the heaviest densest hardest buds I've ever grown.

I had to get a new carbon filter, a neighbor said they smelled my weed across the street. I said it wasn't me, I was out of weed, and quickly hit up Phat filters

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you upload the image as an attachment (button is below the speech box that i am typing in now) - it gives you the choice of how big the posted image is. I choose large and it comes up looking about full size)
its actually a very quick and easy way to throw up some pics.
VG
Contra D:
bigDat8+top.jpg

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Gonna use tax return for upgrades.
I'm going to grab another vertical bulb 315.
apera ph meter and solutions
Gropro elevators And some ac infinity fans

G

Dub looks familiar.
Why are you buying anything other than LED especially if it ain't winter

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
In my opinion the the vertical bulb 315 with remote ballast is my best light. I can run it in the summer with nothing else other than a 6" duct booster. I'm not sure how much the remote ballast factors in on the heat, but I love it.

Here's the MalPans I got going under it. Two different phenos, one dense, the other looks like it has a lot of bloom time left.
Smell like apple peel, lemon, with a tiny touch of cat piss on the end.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Dots, what led would you say is best for a 3x3? How many actual from the wall watts does it pull?
I'm open to suggestions, I just really like the results from the 315s, but I'll look into other lights.

G

I use these. 240w 576 LED lm301h 3500k Samsung LED. The fixture is L63cm x W20cm, and the usable footprint (where I can maintain minimum of 1000 PAR is 83cm X 60cm. This is overkill for early veg and early flower, but ensures I can achieve 1000 par over the whole area in late flower.
This footprint fits perfect for 6 boards over an 8 X 4.
This 240w led slaughters my 400w metal halide (tested with a Lux meter converted to PAR), so I imagine it will do the same to a 315 CMH which I believe is only superior to HPS because of the better spectrum, which you get in the led anyway.
The entry price of led vs CMH may be a consideration, and the warmth/heat that you get from HID.
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2021-03-23-10-10-01-81.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	17812492

​​​​​​

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Look like 288 boards, not 576. I was quite perked up for a moment, but no, it's 576 per light, not per board.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'll do some studying. The light is going in a 3'x3' so that's about 91.5cm x 91.5cm.
​​​​​​That's kinda lacking in coverage as to the core coverage of my 315 is actually 3.5' x 3.5' or 106cm . But as you say it's more efficient so I guess it makes up for the less coverage?
LEDs are a rabbit hole of research.
​​​​​

G

No way a 315cmh is getting 1000 par average over 3.5 X 3.5.
​​​​​​The footprint I quoted for the QB was for 1000 par. Nobody needs that, you can go off an average. 1 led board would be equivalent to or better than the 315cmh at 240watts, 2 boards over the 3x3 would be no contest.
This is not about me liking one or the other id grow with either CMH or led.
Grab a $30 Lux meter and see for your own eyes, HID lights are a hard pill to swallow. But I do like them especially if you need heat.

Latest posts

Latest posts