What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blah's First Ppk

Mr Blah

I hope Gardener60...I hope so to...
Got a lot riding on this 8k install. (3ton mini, lights, tents, 200amp serv,etc....)

I can stack the buckets ontop of each other with no problem and there is next to no wiggle room.
They say Letica corp on the bottom of the buckets.

I tried 1.5" pipe and the bit did enter the the other side of the pipe but didn't breach. 2" would be perfect and cheaper than all the fittings I just bought. No leaks huh....anyone have any leaks?

Do I leave the tapper on the PVC wall and shove the hose in?

Mr Blah

The first one X 12 with Tail pipes and screens.

Also have the feed manifold done and ready to put in tent.

Remember this is all for vegging. I am use to vegging under HPS 600's and am thinking of using T-5's x 4 for these.

The candidates for the first go around will be Blue Dream and Mediplant from the Dr Greenthumb. Both Sativa/Indica blends to give me the stretch I need and yield...I hope.

Attachments

• IMG_3598.jpg
    IMG_3598.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3597.jpg
    IMG_3597.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 15

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
The first one X 12 with Tail pipes and screens.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=363091&thumb=1]View Image[/URL][URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=363092&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Also have the feed manifold done and ready to put in tent.

Remember this is all for vegging. I am use to vegging under HPS 600's and am thinking of using T-5's x 4 for these.

The candidates for the first go around will be Blue Dream and Mediplant from the Dr Greenthumb. Both Sativa/Indica blends to give me the stretch I need and yield...I hope.

the 1/2" barbs are good for using the drip rings from sunlight supply (blue ones) 9" or home made ones using the 1/2" vinyl grow shop hose.

how are you going to drain and return? it would be easier to go to the 2" pipe and the rubber garden hose for that. just drill 13/16" holes and shove the hose in.

the mediplant is an exceptional plant if you get the right pheno.

Mr Blah

I am very pleased to anounce that NOTHING is leaking.....Nothing!
I left the water in all 12 buckets, control bucket and hoses/whip overnight just to be sure.

I used a heat gun just to take the chill off the stiff hose. Little turn and they all were in a few minutes later.

I need to design a water ring that can be removed off the ball valve so I can hook it back up in the flower room.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3615.jpg
    IMG_3615.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3614.jpg
    IMG_3614.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3613.jpg
    IMG_3613.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3612.jpg
    IMG_3612.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 20

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
so you got your buckets from us plastics! you ordered the regular lids which are fine and do nest with their buckets but are difficult to get on and off. if you go ahead and cut the lids where the little holes are it will be easier. as if you were opening a 5 gal paint bucket. it's even easier to use if you cut them in an inverted "v". next time you may want to consider their "reusable" lids, which go on and off with one hand. softer plastic without shipping locks that must be cut to open. i hope this makes sense without a picture.

here:

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=31009&catid=686

these are the standard lids.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=31232&catid=686

and the reusable ones.

heat gun on the hose, huh? what are you, some kind of wise guy? trying to make us all look dumb?

Mr Blah

Thanks for the tip on the lids.....Too late though, got the others all here. Will get them for the downstairs change over if this all goes as predicted.
The only dumb one here is me for not doing this Ppk thing friggen yrs ago when I saw it, instead of doing UC. :moon:

You guys veg and flower in the same location?
What do you do about drip rings...removing and relocating...little hard with barb fittings.

I am thinking of just flooding the veg sites and when I move to flower room I can have a dedicated drip ring installed...then removed when harvest time comes about.

D9 do you think I need a ball valve at each bucket site in veg? You see my veg set up with a control bucket, 2" pipe with hoses coming off that.....Should flood equal with a 950magdrive?

Mr Blah

Building the feed lines from the manifold...had to think this one through as I will be taking the top bucket off to move into the flower room. Has to be very flexible but stable with the weight of the water in it when feeding.
Water has been in the bottom buckets for over a week....Still no leaks.:laughing:
Shoving those hoses in the bucket and pipe really works..hell of a lot better than the connections imo. :woohoo:

Oysters

Feed manifold: 4 or 5 small A frames straddling the return line at a convenient height to disconnect top pots as needed?

Mr Blah

I guess I am a little numb...I can't figure out this used DRT-1 I picked up.
Anyone else have one?
They brag on how easy it is to use.
Yes, I went to the manual and yes on Youtube.
I think I might have been sold a defective one.....Oh No I was duped on Craigs List.......

Mr Blah

OK I figured out that the cycled on time is broken.....Or I think it is.
I followed the directions to change it; push recycle/time on time button and adjusted up/down to 30 seconds just to try it out. It continues back on the original time set by the previous owner.
I can change the off time no prob.

Anyone know if this is salvageable?

Mr Blah

These are shots of the manifold, each with a ball valve and zip tied together with the adjacent feed hose for stability.

I tried a dry run as it sits and all worked ok. When 30sec came around the control bucket was being fed from the inlet pipe from buckets. I am worried that when I have Turface/perlite it will take longer to find its way back to the control bucket.

We will cross that bridge when we get there.
This is going to be fucken awesome!:laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3700.jpg
    IMG_3700.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3701.jpg
    IMG_3701.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 16

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
upon looking at your photos i don't see any drip rings so it looks like you are planning to use the "full flood" technique.

then you state that you are going to use a turface/perlite combination medium.

these two are incompatible because the perlite will float and will promptly separate from your turface.

using turface and perlite together is fine if you are going to use a pulsed irrigation with drip rings.

but you don't show any drip rings.

Mr Blah

upon looking at your photos i don't see any drip rings so it looks like you are planning to use the "full flood" technique.

then you state that you are going to use a turface/perlite combination medium.

these two are incompatible because the perlite will float and will promptly separate from your turface.

using turface and perlite together is fine if you are going to use a pulsed irrigation with drip rings.

but you don't show any drip rings.

Still designing something that is like a horse shoe that I can just slide away and remove the whole top bucket to place in the flower room system.
Those blue fancy store bought ones work ok?

Also my water is well water and I do not use RO system on any of my 4 rooms downstairs and it is PH 5.8-6.0 depending on the time of yr. Also 225ppm's. Do you think I will have an issue using Jack's and calcinit?
I still can't believe that there is absolutely no leaks!:laughing:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
those are what we are using. the 9" ones should work right for you.

you probably will have issues with that water. i would automatically go to a ro filter.