What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana's march toward mainstream confounds feds

gallito

Marijuana's march toward mainstream confounds feds

"Think about it: Do you want a nation where your young people are stoned?" she asks.

http://news.yahoo.com/marijuanas-march-toward-mainstream-confounds-feds-123441112.html

I'm sure there were people saying the same thing about booze before the end of the alcohol prohibition, yet it turns out we don't have a nation where all the young people are drunk.
Personally, I would rather see the people partaking of the herb than furtooded on booze.
___

B

BasementGrower

I doubt there are many. The DEA is focused more on pharmaceutical drugs right now. That's literally all my father's unit focuses on is pharmaceutical drugs. Nothing else. They're not even focused on cartels.

That's how big of a problem drugs like Oxy have become. The DEA now has entire units investigating pharmacist at Walmarts and Kmarts across the country. No joke. You wouldn't believe how many drug dealers are working at Walmarts and this isn't information you'll hear in the news. Also, there are a lot of foreigners with medical degrees who have their own clinics set up where they are peddling Oxy and various other pharmaceutical drugs, too.

The emergence of pharmaceutical drugs as recreational drugs in the past 20 years will likely be the main factor that gets weed legalized, imo. As a result of it, the DEA no longer has the resources to focus on weed. It doesn't even matter what their opinion of weed is because any negative opinion is trumped by the fact that pharmaceuticals are undeniably worse and merit far more attention, as a result.

if ur dad really is a big wig DEA agent.. then why the fuck are 80% of the pharmaceuticals coming from FLORIDA.. and they have no laws against prescribing and dispensing from the same building.. ? doctors get rich as they write prescriptions..

so in other words.. why isn't the DEA shutting down FLORIDA.. and stopping the pharms from getting anywere else?

Jhhnn

Veteran
My father is a DEA agent.

3rd down from the top of the DEA was in his office this past week. He told everyone and I quote,"It's not a matter of "if" it gets legalized, it's a matter of when." That's straight from the horse's mouth.

Any raids/bust you see going on at this point is nothing more than politics. They will continue until the end, but the big wigs at the DEA are fully aware of the fact that the end is indeed near. And, trust me, that's not based on something I read.

:dance013:

I doubt there are many. The DEA is focused more on pharmaceutical drugs right now. That's literally all my father's unit focuses on is pharmaceutical drugs. Nothing else. They're not even focused on cartels.

That's how big of a problem drugs like Oxy have become. The DEA now has entire units investigating pharmacist at Walmarts and Kmarts across the country. No joke. You wouldn't believe how many drug dealers are working at Walmarts and this isn't information you'll hear in the news. Also, there are a lot of foreigners with medical degrees who have their own clinics set up where they are peddling Oxy and various other pharmaceutical drugs, too.

The emergence of pharmaceutical drugs as recreational drugs in the past 20 years will likely be the main factor that gets weed legalized, imo. As a result of it, the DEA no longer has the resources to focus on weed. It doesn't even matter what their opinion of weed is because any negative opinion is trumped by the fact that pharmaceuticals are undeniably worse and merit far more attention, as a result.

That's apparently true to some degree or another, but we still have high profile DEA raids on West Coast MMJ Pharmacies & joint task force raids on outlaw grows everywhere. Major efforts against the cartels are ongoing here in the West, simply because they're seen as very bad actors, regardless of what substances are involved.

Like it or not, pot smokers have an opportunity to separate themselves from the rest of the drug scene here in Colorado & in Washington. It's too bad that nobody has figured out how to bring other psychedelics along, or how to create truly sane drug policy in general.

if ur dad really is a big wig DEA agent.. then why the fuck are 80% of the pharmaceuticals coming from FLORIDA.. and they have no laws against prescribing and dispensing from the same building.. ? doctors get rich as they write prescriptions..

so in other words.. why isn't the DEA shutting down FLORIDA.. and stopping the pharms from getting anywere else?

It's interesting because I'm well aware of what is going on in Florida. I've seen that documentary Oxy Express.

I told my father about it and he wasn't even aware of what a problem it is in Florida. I think partially it's because of how much the problem has become an issue in our state that Florida doesn't even pop up on the radar for the DEA here. Which, is Texas.

That's apparently true to some degree or another, but we still have high profile DEA raids on West Coast MMJ Pharmacies & joint task force raids on outlaw grows everywhere.

Indeed. But, they know they've lost the war.

Another issue with the DEA is a struggle for funding. You see the way these alphabet agencies work (DEA, FBI, DOJ, etc.) is they're actually in competition with one another. The FBI is always trying to come in and take credit for DEA bust. The FBI agents and the DEA agents absolutely HATE EACH OTHER. The FBI is much larger than the DEA and the FBI typically has more pull and authority than the DEA, as a result.

So, when "high profile raids on the West Coast MMJ clinics" happen a lot of it could do with the fact that these DEA agents are desperate to stay relevant and necessary in the eyes of the Federal Government. Because right now, the FED is cutting back DEA funding left and right. My father has been forced to take a pay cut in the past year, as a result. All DEA agents have.

That could explain why all these DEA agents in California are busting more clinics than ever. What do you think is going to happen to those agent's jobs when weed is fully legalized? They're desperately trying to show the FED that "you need us."

Major efforts against the cartels are ongoing here in the West, simply because they're seen as very bad actors, regardless of what substances are involved.

I wasn't suggesting that the DEA as a whole isn't focused on Cartels. I was referring to my father's unit specifically when I said "they aren't even focused on Cartels."

Latest posts

Latest posts