What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Solevent mix ratios and targeted results.

Sriley28

Hey all, so I’ve been reading a lot about different solvent mixes(70/30 50/25/25) and I was wondering if the different mixes were for different targets results for finished product or more just for the desired pressure that person is looking for? I’ve read that higher propane mixes don’t like to shatter up but would 25-30% be high enough to not be able to use it for shatter runs?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all, so I’ve been reading a lot about different solvent mixes(70/30 50/25/25) and I was wondering if the different mixes were for different targets results for finished product or more just for the desired pressure that person is looking for? I’ve read that higher propane mixes don’t like to shatter up but would 25-30% be high enough to not be able to use it for shatter runs?

Here is a 50/50 done at -50C by Pharmer Joe.

Attachments

• CACA 103.jpg
    CACA 103.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 12
  • CACA 107.jpg
    CACA 107.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 10

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like when my wife burns cheese on the stove! Lol looks stable though. Is there a preferred mix for the “sauce” and Simone type products or is that just all post processing?

PJ mixed it himself from n-Propane and n-Butane. He recovered it as cotton candy, which he pulverized and spread thin on a foil backed parchment "tray."

It was processed in a Cascade Tek 3 oven.

It was processed basically as follows: https://thealchemistresource.thealchemistresource.com/p/normal-0-false-false-false_27.html

It was also so brittle that it was hard to handle without shooting shards across the room.

I've run several different ratios, and I prefer 100% propane. I haven't run lab comparisons on the same material from different ratios, but because of the cleaner extraction and lower boiling point of propane, I get a lot faster crystalization and can go into THCA recrystalization within 3 days of extraction.

Dabology

Ive switched over from pure butane to a 70/30 mix with propane and for some reason the last few runs i've done wont make shatter comes out sticky and i have to make a wax out of it any ideas why ? using a dry sleeve so moisture in the solvent should not be the issue

WishDoctor

50/50 products taste like crap. I waste a ton of $$$ on a 100lb tank is there a way to remix it into another tank to go for a 70/30 mix
my peeps can't stand the taste, myself included, straight BHO tastes better than this crap. I use straight up top shelf nugs, reduced about 1/4 of 125lbs to this junk.
glad our doesn't look like that stuff we'd never be able to dispose of that, unless it was made into edibles or tops.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
50/50 of what tastes like crap?

And could you please expand what you mean?
“Tastes like crap” doesn’t say much to me.
What are the specific differences you are experiencing? Or are being reported as from your customers?

Nughit

Is the tank odorized? Does it smell funny as a gas at all? I can’t see the mix ratio affecting taste unless the tank is odorized.

Latest posts

Latest posts