What's new

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Rodehazrd

Hey pop those girl looking nice. I am wanting to add some coco to my mix indoors leaning towards a faster wet dry cycle. Any tips? You have to wash it right?
Yeah tar baby looks a little lab and some bulldog too. He runs like a greyhound for a couple hundred yards at a time quiet as an owl.
Baba I think he definitely deters the deer. He helped me dig out the holes here so he owns the ground. I havent seen one track near there. Also our rains have left plenty of forage so there's plenty of food for them now. In dry years I think there is more deer damage when pickings are slim.
Pop my girls have recovered well. I'm taking Dubi's advice and keeping N low on the Bangi. You can see it clearly here with a headband on right she is lighter.

Attachments

• 20190809_154356.jpg
    20190809_154356.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 5

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey pop those girl looking nice. I am wanting to add some coco to my mix indoors leaning towards a faster wet dry cycle. Any tips? You have to wash it right?
Yeah tar baby looks a little lab and some bulldog too. He runs like a greyhound for a couple hundred yards at a time quiet as an owl.
Baba I think he definitely deters the deer. He helped me dig out the holes here so he owns the ground. I havent seen one track near there. Also our rains have left plenty of forage so there's plenty of food for them now. In dry years I think there is more deer damage when pickings are slim.
Pop my girls have recovered well. I'm taking Dubi's advice and keeping N low on the Bangi. You can see it clearly here with a headband on right she is lighter.

Hey, Rodehazard.

Washing coco is a good idea if it is in bricks, or if you are unsure of the producer. If you are just using it as an ingredient for your soil, it shouldn't be too difficult. You can check with a slurry test. Some coco will have very high salt content. I use canna bagged coco I have never had to washed it . The bricks are way cheaper, but require more work to wash it. I precharge my coco with cal mag. 3 ml per gallon .

We got a tar baby here too. She's pit/black lab mix. Sweetest pup, but very protective. She's not much of a runner, she's barrel shaped with a tiny head. It's a pain to keep a collar on her.

We see a rise in Bobcats, mountain lions, and of course the coyotes when it's drought time.

Hey Bababooey,

Nice to see a new face here. This is definitely a great thread, no drama, just cool cats with a love of our sweet ganga.

Hey, Fiddynuts

How are those cobralips doing?

I was going through the collection and noticed I have 2 left. I should give them a run soon. I popped a couple killer orange glue, and a couple more frosted cherry cookies on Thursday.

I need to take clones and flip the girls I have going, they are getting pretty big

Pop Rocks,

You asked about the sour grapes, I am definitely getting a strong grape smell, I hope they are females. They have different structure, one is bean pole style, the other has lots of branching. Fingers crossed. They are supposed to be a 50-60 day flower. I am looking for some fast finishers.

I hit up a local cannabis farmers market the other day, what a trip like a candy store for canna kids. I could smell it from half a block away

Fiddynut

Welcome babba were a humble crowd well mostly.
I got a tar baby in my briar patch.
More IPM deer patrol

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
That's a good looking buddy there. I hope he keeps up the good work and keeps those plants safe.i defenatly see the lab in him and a little shorter snout so bulldog makes sense.

Those girls are looking great brother!

Fiddynut

who tha'fuck is this guy?!?
actually its my main man baba' from the football threads!
hes a really cool guy and has a good head on his shoulders, he fits right in
glad to see you finally stop by my friend
its a great group like you said and we all share a variety of interests and i hope you post up here more now that you have found us

arid was telling me about a couple of the phenos hes found in his blanc jacques and im hoping to see a couple expressions he mentioned
seeing as how i only have two of this strain im hoping they are both females so i have a chance to get some diversity
you are right fiddy, it would be fun to try making some seeds one of these days
so the new batch of seedlings are doing great but i might have to hold off on moving them to my friends house for another week
i talked to him earlier today and he might have some unexpected company stop by tonight
im not sure i want them to see what we are up to just yet
but i will be sure to get some pics of the plants while im there and post up about them in the morning
me and the mrs might head back to the chineese place tomorrow but im kind of in the mood for some mexican
if we end up getting mexican we will go to that place that serves the mexican chow mein noodles; i will be sure to get some pics of the food if we do

beautiful dog rhode, looks like it might have some lab in it
how is that plant of yours recovering? were you able to knock down the infestation
hopefully its gotten past the shock and is back to growing like normal

hope everyone had a great week and is looking at an even better weekend!

Good afternoon pop.
I'm hoping you get a couple of lady plants as well. One problem with autos is that if you do find a winner you can't clone and regrow her. On the bright side that takes some pressure off and you can just concentrate on keeping them as happy as you can.
Did you get the Chinese or Mexican? I cooked a lot Mexican food yesterday. I made rice, actually PR rice, refried beans and carnitas from scratch. Also guacamole and chips. I ate way too much and needed an afternoon nap.

morning fellas, hope you are all starting your weekend off on the right foot
the last few mornings have been super foggy but today was the first chance i got to enjoy it
i woke up early and went outside and burned a j and just enjoyed the cold morning air and fog
it was super cool
the plants are looking nice and my friend is doing a great job taking care of them
here is the first one

and the second

and a pic of both

they have both just about doubled in size in the past week and the main stem has gotten a lot fatter
smell is still pretty low and i dident find any indication of sex so we will just have to wait till next week
i might have my friend take a couple pics mid week and see what they look like in a few days
even my friend was commenting on how fast they seem to be growing

that would be kind of cool to make my own cross one of these days baba'
it would be fun to find a plant with traits you like (like great flavor) and see if you could introduce those properties into another strain
hope youre enjoying your saturday morning
rams play later tonight, so far its been a fun first week of preseason football

hope you all have a great day

Those plants are looking really nice man. They have to be loving it out there to be growing that quickly. I can't wait to see how they start budding up soon!

Fiddynut

Yeah Fiddy, packers got a new coach and rodgers may tear up the league this season. He kind of had a down year by his standards last year so im not looking forward to him ripping up the division like he usually does.

That's a handsome pooch, RH. Does dog pee help keep the deer away? Do you keep the bandanna around the neck wet or filled with ice to keep her cool?

I think you might have fun making seeds and growing them out, Pop. You might make a cross that's as good as any seed you can buy.

Good afternoon Baba.
It will be interesting to see how the pack does this year. To be honest I don't want to see them rip through the devision only to be out in the first or second round of playoffs. In my opinion the team hasent been built (or coached) to go deep for a long time. I'm a fan because I grew up here but not a spoiled fan, I was here for all the bad teams in the 80's and I'm a bit disappointed that we've had a coup,e of the best quarterbacks ever to play the game for the last 25+ years and only 2 rings.
However I'm only a casual fan of football and my brewers are my favorite pro team in the state. Football is a fun way to spend Sunday's for a few months but baseball is a true marathon and you can't really argue with the results when the sample size is 162 games.

Fiddynut

Hey, Rodehazard.

Washing coco is a good idea if it is in bricks, or if you are unsure of the producer. If you are just using it as an ingredient for your soil, it shouldn't be too difficult. You can check with a slurry test. Some coco will have very high salt content. I use canna bagged coco I have never had to washed it . The bricks are way cheaper, but require more work to wash it. I precharge my coco with cal mag. 3 ml per gallon .

We got a tar baby here too. She's pit/black lab mix. Sweetest pup, but very protective. She's not much of a runner, she's barrel shaped with a tiny head. It's a pain to keep a collar on her.

We see a rise in Bobcats, mountain lions, and of course the coyotes when it's drought time.

Hey Bababooey,

Nice to see a new face here. This is definitely a great thread, no drama, just cool cats with a love of our sweet ganga.

Hey, Fiddynuts

How are those cobralips doing?

I was going through the collection and noticed I have 2 left. I should give them a run soon. I popped a couple killer orange glue, and a couple more frosted cherry cookies on Thursday.

I need to take clones and flip the girls I have going, they are getting pretty big

Pop Rocks,

You asked about the sour grapes, I am definitely getting a strong grape smell, I hope they are females. They have different structure, one is bean pole style, the other has lots of branching. Fingers crossed. They are supposed to be a 50-60 day flower. I am looking for some fast finishers.

I hit up a local cannabis farmers market the other day, what a trip like a candy store for canna kids. I could smell it from half a block away

Good afternoon Packerfan.
Cobra lips are doing well and stacking like crazy. Next time I'm around at lights off ill get a couple pics of them. Not much smell yet but it's early.
It sounds like you've got some nice strains going. I hope they top urn out well for you.
I need to get motivated and do a little research and figure out what new seeds are out there and get some ordered. I feel like I need some new genetics to torture test LOL.

rocker

Greetings friends.

I wanted to share a little about my trip out west and post some pictures.
Just down the mountain and almost to Boulder is a great spot. We did a loop there and had a blast. It was a lot diffrent than the trails here. The first half was mostly downhill which was fun. The second half was all climbing and really challenged us. Much longer climbs but not as rocky and rutted out as the super technical ones here. At 6000 feet I felt pretty good.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1960733View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1960731View Image

Batasso was my favorite trail when I lived there, like you said, first half is blast going down the hill carving the turns, then you get the work out climbing back out, in the thin air n less. awww I miss it so much, Great pictures too.

rocker

Hats off to Fiddy

Hats off to Fiddy

Hey everyone, I heard this thread was where all the cool kids hang out. Looks like everyone's growing some killer herb, that makes me glad to see. This thread is actually the longest indoor soil thread in this forum's history, so congrats, ya'll have a nice little community here.

:tiphat:

I am a long time lurker and and a on and off poster, but Fiddy is the glue. It's his thread, leads with the cool vibe but we you can't over look his band of loyal buds, Pop_Rocks, Rhode Hazard, Packerfan, Rhodehazrd and a host of others that all contribute.

Nice community indeed.

rocker

Time flies - Yikes

Time flies - Yikes

happening guys!
hope everyone is starting their day off on the right foot

glad to see you back around rocker
how is your house guest doing today? labor-doodles are fun dogs!
do yuo have any other dogs around the house or is it just the two of you?
/whats the dog name btw
what afterthoughts are you growing out man?
i know fiddy and a few of the guys have grown out his gear and had good results
i hear you f'nut about wanting to keep a low key in some places
plus why draw attention to yourself?
so what do you have planned for this weekend? the kids have their thing going so its just me and the mrs
i was talking to bababoey on another thread and he mentioned crab rangoons
/cream cheese wantons with a crab meat stuffing
now i totally want to make them

Hi Pop_rocks - I turn around a a couple weeks flies by. House guest is doing great, but damn it's like having a kid, a lot of work, she is sleeping at my feet as I write this, Stella is her name and such a big addition to the house. It's just me and the wife, unless the kids come over to see their girl. My wife is going to go through withdrawals when she leaves. My afterthought auto's are comiing along, 1 will be a runt from falling over as a seedling, I started them in small peat pots and cut the bottom out and stuck those into 5 gallon smart pots, seems to have been ok, but the 1 fell over during that process and I think it was shocked. The Gas &Guns hasn't flowered, but Panthera, Azure Rocket and Gomers Surprise are trucking along, No Flowers yet on the Gas&Guns, I started a thread in the auto section. Anyway, hope you have enjoyed the relatively cool SD summer, heating up a bit now but I am enjoying the overcast days myself.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening guys, hope you all had a great weekend
summer is in full swing and i hope everyone is living easy

its supposed to start heating up again here in socal, rocker
but you are right, it has been a cool summer so far ,(outside that one spell where it got hot)
it sounds like you are enjoying your house guest cuddled up around your feel and its always fun to meet new dogs
they other day one of the neighbors brought a new dog around, she looked like some kind of doberman mix and seemed very anxious at first
but we just stood there talked for a while (plus he gave us some treats to give) and pretty soon the girl is obeying simple commands and nudging mrsChicky
stella is a cool name for a dog and a pretty decent beer; one of mrsChickies friends has a puggle named stella
wow man, that is quite a roster you are fielding
hope you have a great grow!

oh man fiddy! sounds like you really got down in the kitchen brother
i bet everything was as good as it sounds and i love me how some really good beans and rice brings it all together
afternoon naps are the best
im excited to watch them grow out too, plus i have a bunch of new seedlings to add to the mix
im thinking of trimming off some of the lowest growth just to send the extra juice to the tops
/these plants are growing so fast im not going to top at all, them so im hoping for a nice fat bean pole

thats great that your girls have recovered and are doing well rhode
just having a dog around will keep a lot of animals out of your patch but if they hungry they go where the food is
those are some nice looking bushes man and it might pay to put in some sticks to hold up those larger branches
like p'fan said i just give my coco a good rinse; i get it in these big bags and just break off a chunk of what im going to use
ill let that soak in a bunch of clean water overnight and then toss out the water and use the rehydrated coco
in this grow i went realy light with the coco coir, just enough to loosen things up a bit

those sour grape sound dank pacerfan'
i am looking for something really fruity for the fall and will be interested in how things go
it sounds like you have some variety too so im interested in your thoughts on each one
that farmers market sounds rad! i know what you mean about feeling like a kid in a candy store
is that something they do all the time? sounds like fun

hope everyone had a great monday

Rodehazrd

A pot farmers market Wow. Sounds like science fiction to those of us on non 420 states. I wouldn't know how to handle that.
We have a gathering in early December we call the Handsom Man Garden Club. Some day and I hope to live to see it we will be out in the open.

Rodehazrd

:tiphat:Thanks pop
I plan to use about 20% coco first and I'll soak it like you guys said.
I have tomato cages on two plants and one tub has a 4' fence around it for support. The bangi tub has a piece 4' up attached to the white posts I used as a scrog then I have netting a couple feet above that which I hope holds it all together. Last year as she got big a storm split it right where i topped her like a big banana being peeled.
I will get more around the tomato cage ones. Likely some fence post and more netting on the sunny side. I hope I have a problem with too heavy buds.
Been in drought for a while here but just got a nice shower. Those tubs get filled twice a day now with 4-5 gallons. I took down the solar powered bubbler as the water goes so quick this time of year.
It seemed unnecessary.:tiphat:

Fiddynut

Batasso was my favorite trail when I lived there, like you said, first half is blast going down the hill carving the turns, then you get the work out climbing back out, in the thin air n less. awww I miss it so much, Great pictures too.

Good afternoon rocker.
I really enjoyed the trail at Batasso! Luckily it wasn't too crowded mid week when we went but the knock on the place can is that it can be too crowded because it's so close. I really want to ride west magnolia up the hill but was worried about getting lost so maybe next trip we can hit that. Your right the first part is fast and fun and the climb that follows is very rewarding, the views were insane.

:tiphat:

I am a long time lurker and and a on and off poster, but Fiddy is the glue. It's his thread, leads with the cool vibe but we you can't over look his band of loyal buds, Pop_Rocks, Rhode Hazard, Packerfan, Rhodehazrd and a host of others that all contribute.

Nice community indeed.

Thanks for the kind words brother. I just started this thread but it's the contributions of all of us that make it what it is. I'm glad that we have such a nice group and we can talk about so many different things without getting political and arguments developing. I guess we've all got a mutual respect for each other and if the rest of the world was more like this we'd be better off.

Fiddynut

happening guys, hope you all had a great weekend
summer is in full swing and i hope everyone is living easy

its supposed to start heating up again here in socal, rocker
but you are right, it has been a cool summer so far ,(outside that one spell where it got hot)
it sounds like you are enjoying your house guest cuddled up around your feel and its always fun to meet new dogs
they other day one of the neighbors brought a new dog around, she looked like some kind of doberman mix and seemed very anxious at first
but we just stood there talked for a while (plus he gave us some treats to give) and pretty soon the girl is obeying simple commands and nudging mrsChicky
stella is a cool name for a dog and a pretty decent beer; one of mrsChickies friends has a puggle named stella
wow man, that is quite a roster you are fielding
hope you have a great grow!

oh man fiddy! sounds like you really got down in the kitchen brother
i bet everything was as good as it sounds and i love me how some really good beans and rice brings it all together
afternoon naps are the best
im excited to watch them grow out too, plus i have a bunch of new seedlings to add to the mix
im thinking of trimming off some of the lowest growth just to send the extra juice to the tops
/these plants are growing so fast im not going to top at all, them so im hoping for a nice fat bean pole

thats great that your girls have recovered and are doing well rhode
just having a dog around will keep a lot of animals out of your patch but if they hungry they go where the food is
those are some nice looking bushes man and it might pay to put in some sticks to hold up those larger branches
like p'fan said i just give my coco a good rinse; i get it in these big bags and just break off a chunk of what im going to use
ill let that soak in a bunch of clean water overnight and then toss out the water and use the rehydrated coco
in this grow i went realy light with the coco coir, just enough to loosen things up a bit

those sour grape sound dank pacerfan'
i am looking for something really fruity for the fall and will be interested in how things go
it sounds like you have some variety too so im interested in your thoughts on each one
that farmers market sounds rad! i know what you mean about feeling like a kid in a candy store
is that something they do all the time? sounds like fun

hope everyone had a great monday

Good afternoon pop.
I enjoy cooking but some food is just a lot of fun to cook. I have a method for the pork shoulder that works really well. I make strips about an inch thick out of it and cook it on the kamado with just charcoal and directly over the coals about 14-16 inches. I flip them every 20 minutes and as the fat renders it really gets crispy on the outside. Traditionally carnitas is deep fried after cooking to get that crispy but mine gets just like that without the deep fry. And the PR rice with the pigeon peas and green olives is the shit!
I don't remember for sure but I think AB told me not to cut on the autos as it slows them down. I think ke said that LST was the way to go but cutting will loose yeild. I might be wrong about this but I'd check it out. Or do a little on one and not the other and observe what happens?

Fiddynut

A pot farmers market Wow. Sounds like science fiction to those of us on non 420 states. I wouldn't know how to handle that.
We have a gathering in early December we call the Handsom Man Garden Club. Some day and I hope to live to see it we will be out in the open.

Good afternoon Rodehazrd.
I feel the same way about a pot farmers market. I would like that even more than having dispensarys because I'd love to talk to the growers about their methods and that kind of thing. Let's hope that we get to see something like that sooner the better!

rocker

my brewers are my favorite pro team in the state. Football is a fun way to spend Sunday's for a few months but baseball is a true marathon and you can't really argue with the results when the sample size is 162 games.

I am with you 100%, nothing like a long Baseball season, cream rises to the top.

My Padres are young but it's been fun watching these kids play with enthusiasm, once we season these kids they will be contenders for the division, and hopefully more. But of course it's always about, pitching, pitching and more pitching. :biggrin:

rocker

Good afternoon pop.
I enjoy cooking but some food is just a lot of fun to cook. I have a method for the pork shoulder that works really well. I make strips about an inch thick out of it and cook it on the kamado with just charcoal and directly over the coals about 14-16 inches. I flip them every 20 minutes and as the fat renders it really gets crispy on the outside. Traditionally carnitas is deep fried after cooking to get that crispy but mine gets just like that without the deep fry. And the PR rice with the pigeon peas and green olives is the shit!
I don't remember for sure but I think AB told me not to cut on the autos as it slows them down. I think ke said that LST was the way to go but cutting will loose yeild. I might be wrong about this but I'd check it out. Or do a little on one and not the other and observe what happens?

Damn Fiddy your Carnitas sounds just awesome, but I am much to lazy to do all that. I break it into steps myself.
I love to make Chicken tacos, I keep it easy. I use a Sous Vide to cook boneless chicken thighs in seasoning a pound or so per bag. I'll then keep the cooked chicken in the freezer, I thaw them as needed, toss onto the grill to sear them a bit, dice the meat and Taco Time.

Yes, I recall AB saying LST, not cutting is the way to go with Auto's. Unfortunately, I forgot that, and I assumed, my bad... I topped my Gas & Guns auto recently because it hadn't flowered, and I assumed it must not be auto, it is still vegging along though. the grow is in the auto threads, so I'll document it there.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats a great idea cutting your pork shoulder into strips and letting it crisp up a bit
next time we get some shoulder im going to try that
this also sounds like a good dish to try that toscino seasoning on; it would be crispy,sweet and fatty!
we usually put the shoulder or butt into the crock pot and finish it off in the oven
i dont deep fry my carnitas but we do shred it then put it under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up
that might work for your sous vide chickens rocker, giving them a little browning and crispness
yeah, i think autos grow too fast to benefit from being topped, but bending them should do about the same thing
i think for this one im going to let her just grow straight and tall
plus it will be a cool pic to have that one main cola top
man, that rice sounds great have i asked you for the recipe yet?

i usually go about 20% coco coir for most plants
if im mixing up baby food, i will go about 50/50, but for the bigger girls the coco is just to loosen the mix up
you arent joking about walking into a pot store for the first time being almost unreal
it was like being a kid again, plus they usually smell dank!
plus, being cool helps helps and they are often extra generous once they find out you know what you are talking about

hope everyone is having a great week

packerfan79

Veteran
Damn you guys are making me hungry. Lol no fancy carnitas here just scrambled eggs and French toast. It's the kids idea. They love to help, so it's always a huge mess.

Hope you guys have a good evening.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening p'fan
hope everyone is having a kick ass summer, that dinner sounds ginding
i could go for some french toast right now brother! french toast w/lots of syrup and some crispy chicken strips

/yeah, im pretty high