What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Electronic Music Thread...

specialk

"Oh yea, for people after downloading music, check out www.themixingbowl.org"

That site looks pretty cool. I already got my eye on marcella woods and Tidy Boys set, and guess what , i just found out that my Opera browser supports torrent hahaha nice one alex

specialk

"2006-10-20 - As from Mon 23rd October all users on and below 0.1 ratio will get deleted. 0.1 mean download 1gb upload 100mb,users who cant keep minimum pathetic ratio as this wont be sharing with us I'm afraid. No need to have superfast connection in order to keep ratio of 0.1,we have users on isdn or just 96kbps upload and below who keep ratio better than that-MAKE yourself connectable - ,seed for as long as practical,think and create your own 'leeching strategy (dl only if you can ul 10% of it),read our support forum and SHARE. users on superfast connection-please use common sense when seeding-your help is highly appreciated, almost every set here can be download in insane speed but please give other users a chance to seed,help and improve their ratio-seed seed seed but use common sense :)"

Ehhh im on 56kb!!!

specialk

Alex whats this Reason program is it better than FL?? Which one is best for dance music?

Anyway after playing around with FL i can safely say that the talent is definetly there. The trouble is not in creating new music, the problem comes in transfering what i got in my head (and heart) on to the playlist.

Im having difficulties simply generating the right sounds! There are so many plugins and syntesisers and shit.

Would it be possible to extract a small sound say from a song, and then work with that? I could get a small sound in waw and then put it in the STEP SEQUENCER? And then apply various tone tools to it? Or what should i do to generate the sound i got in my mind?

Last edited:

specialk

All i can say is its f**king hard to do any remixing on FL without the source of original file.

What are the ways in which people do remixes of a tune? I think the only way i can think of is having the .flp project file and then fiddling with the output.

Can i do a remix without it?

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Reason will deffinately be better for producing :yes: I think it's easier to get your head around than Cubase :chin:

Basically just sample whatever you want to use (maybee even sounds & sequences from tunes you wanna remix), then alter it to your taste (filter it or whatever) and rearrange in Reason to what you want it to be. Soundforge would also be a great prog for altering everything you want.

specialk

Right, thanks dude, i will get back to this thread everynow and then to ask for some help with editing & producing

goldfronts

some of my alltime favorites:

Andy C - Cool Down

Drexciya - Deep Sea Dweller

Rob Hood - The Pace

Jeff Mills - Kat Moda EP

Juan Atkins - Game One

Basic Channel - Any and Everything they have ever Done

Rhythm Is Rhythm - Strings Of Life

Surgeon - Maganese

Krust - Warhead

Barbarella - My Name Is Barbarella

XPress -2 - London Xpress

Slam - Positive Education

Dr Motte & Phase 3 - Der Klang

Damon Wild - Avion

NRG - I Need Your Lovin'

so many more but that is all i can think of right now......

G

warhead classic :)
anyone gettin into dubstep? distance, skream, vex'd, dmz
great smokin soundz

G

Their new stuff is weak IMO tryhard pendulum
Phace, Misanthrop, Noisia, Break and Silent Witness are hitting it atm

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Not into D'n'B that much anymore so I'm not worried. If breaks at all I'd say NuSkool breaks like Baobinga, Dopamine, Hoffman, Ben & Lex :yes:

specialk

Alex, that Marcel woods and Tidy boys set of mixing bowl is what i would call real electro, the first part of that set that is, marcel woods is from holland too, 100% electro, try it you will love it awesome party music

goldfronts

Tidy boys. I hate that hard house sound. You mean like tidy trax?

Some of my favorite dNB labels:

Saigon
Music 4 Ever
Certificate 18
Subtitles
31 recordings

On another note....

JeffMills is playing in nyc on friday

G

Goldfronts, I've heard Slayer in Aaron Spectre_Drumcorps@Wood set. Raff!

Someone mentioned Noisia, I don't know where this came from but dropped me when I heard it:
"Every time you listen to Noisia baby Jesus gets shot by a cyborg assassin" Ouch :D

Specialk: Hardest part of making Emusic comes from the tweaking of sounds. Quality samples are the way to go. Buy a sample pack (Search what would be good for your style) or dl it or get a friend with faster connection to get it/them for you. No need to pay for that in your position, if you start making money :)D) out of it you might want to pay for them.

Amon Tobin - Rosies

This thread is quite alive, let's keep it that way.

Last edited:
G

Bassbababa said:
Someone mentioned Noisia, I don't know where this came from but dropped me when I heard it:
"Every time you listen to Noisia baby Jesus gets shot by a cyborg assassin" Ouch :D

ahaha ouch indeed!
heard any of their other stuff? breaks house stuff? their hip hop? crazy lads
:gutterpump: