What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11/13 Flowering Light cycle recommended by DJ Short

SpaceJunkOG

alright, I bit the bullet and went with Photobucket, it was the only way to get something this size to be legible.

Disregard the last chart I posted.

Here is a more comprehensive chart of day-lengths in the various "sweet spots" including temps, RH, hopefully this will be a useful tool for somebody (it is for me) to tailor their artificial environment / light cycle to bring out certain expressions.

If anybody finds this really useful, speak up, I'll go all-out and document every month of the year, include wind / rain info, but for right now it's just a quick and crude Beta version.....

Miraculous Meds

alright, I bit the bullet and went with Photobucket, it was the only way to get something this size to be legible.

Disregard the last chart I posted.

Here is a more comprehensive chart of day-lengths in the various "sweet spots" including temps, RH, hopefully this will be a useful tool for somebody (it is for me) to tailor their artificial environment / light cycle to bring out certain expressions.

If anybody finds this really useful, speak up, I'll go all-out and document every month of the year, include wind / rain info, but for right now it's just a quick and crude Beta version.....

[URL="http://i359.photobucket.com/albums/oo38/youllneverknowwillya/GLOBAL%20LIGHT%20CYCLES%20amp%20CLIMATE%20-%20Cannabis%20Sweet%20Spots_zps2zg3v1or.png"]View Image[/URL]
awesome, thanks for posting it.

asaf

Thanks for all info :) and ofcourse for the wishes :huggg:

Sure exist some text related, What about the moon? if in indoor grows any light make stress, The moon?

Miraculous Meds

Thanks for all info :) and ofcourse for the wishes :huggg:

Sure exist some text related, What about the moon? if in indoor grows any light make stress, The moon?

adding light during the night cycle is one thing I don't think id do. maybe theres a way but I don't know it. I think of hermaphrodites from the stress.

Dr.King

Veteran
I will recommend them as well. My Chemdog keeper yields the same either way with 11/13 or 12/12. She yields 7 oz's in 3 gallons of coco with a month veg and 10 weeks flowering. Haven't came close to that with any other short flowering strain under a 400 watt. I prefer 11/13 because my Chemdog will finish a week faster which helps all around. I can place in new veg plants sooner plus I can throw a Sativa in their if I wanna have fun, which I always do. Going with Ace's Zamaldelica and Golden Tiger this go around. Last round I finished up Ace seeds Green Haze (28 week pheno) and Oldtimer's Haze (24 week pheno) under a single 400 watt system with 2 x 90 watt Grow Bright LED's on each side. Straight started off from 12/12 from seed, no veg. Got them to stretch pretty tall with 12/12 to my desire then after 3 months I switched to 11/13. I left them on 11/13 for a month and a half then switched to 10/14 for the last 45-60 days. I had to LST both of them over because they where both over 6 feet tall. OTH yielded 4.5 oz's, Green Haze yielded 7.6 oz. Very Airy buds even for 10/14 but the Oldtimer's Haze is my Holy Grail for sure without a doubt. Can't wait to blow her up outside. Hope this helps you in the future man, good luck.

Chemdog

p4va43C.jpg

Green Haze 28 weeks

PnmPTdI.jpg

OTH 24 weeks

dfZUN6u.jpg

Finest bud I have ever smoked. OTH cured 6 months.

yWXvgSh.jpg

St. Phatty

What's your thoughts? Anyone have personal experience with growing 11/13? See any difference between 12/12 and 11/13?

I've used 11/13 for a lot of indoor grows.

It works just fine and makes great medicine - as long as everything else is taken care of.

Also, 11 1/2 / 12 1/2.

For me it's partially a result of the timers. It's just easy to set it at 12/12 and then "add a little extra darkness time".

I didn't know it was a big deal to some growers.

On some of my older timers, I glued the little plastic things in place.

soserthc1

The moons light is not recognized by plants .ie :_a green or blue light inside

I was actually thinking about pushing my flower light up to 13 and not back to 11

Is anyone doing this ? Kinda reverse this thread around.
My outdoor plants started flowering with 9 hrs 40 mins nights including the 15 mins of sunrise and sunset. So that's 14 hrs and 20 mins of light .
The ultimate goal is to mimic the natural growth of the plant and we know outdoor plant's out perform indoor plants in everything but appearance in most cases .

So say a 10 week flowering cycle like this
4 weeks of 14 10
3 weeks of 13 11
3 weeks of 12 12
Interesting
But I run perpetual so I'm gonna stick with 12.5_11/5 or as close as my timers wanna click

soserthc1

Had a timer that was cheap and broken. ,it would come on in mid flower for 15 mins without my knowledge. Had me scratching my head wondering why my plants weren't flower any more
Took a 10 week flower into 15 on the plants it didn't kill or cut the yield in half

You learn a few careless lessons like cheap timers etc and hopefully you learn

Not sure about you guys but I hate buying 300 0z s of some no name weed that wasn't grown or cured properly.

The moons light is not recognized by plants .ie :_a green or blue light inside

I read something from a science journal that said plants don't recognize anything less then 1/1000 of the sun or it was 1/100000 , can't remember. I can't find the site now on Google. :moon:
I wish I could find it and read it again. I bet moonlight is half a lumen or somewhere around there.

cloaker

Yup, I flower 11 on, 13 off. Broad leaf and narrow leaf.

My broad leaf cultivars express attributes show less narcotic,
more varied up effects. Flowers longer, almost 20 days longer
in some cases.

Good for me, I got time.

never connected the dots...all these years I only used that cycle to finish off a tad early as that's how its initial use was described and then I noticed over the last decade I would experience an elongated situation. back in the day these strains were far and few between so the typical 12/12 was just fine....I wouldn't be surprised if there are strains more custom to this by now .......when I started there was no auto flower so im sure a strain perfect for 11/13 is out there in spades.
thanks for the observation

whatsmells

Whatever you do don't go 6 on, 2 off, 6 on, 10 off. I did it the last half of this run and they didn't like it. I ended up with half the weight as normal. I run double ended lights so they get hammered with light and I figured giving them a break halfway through the day would be good. Had to try. Wrong, it confused the shit out to them but they were the frostiest buds to date, just smaller.

Latest posts

Latest posts