What's new

problem with head formula?, phosphorus def? please help..

Hello I am running luCas, head formula 6,9 ratio with RO water and some tap water for extra cal,

I pH at 6.0 to 6.2 at the highest and feed with plenty! Of run off almost everytime I water, witch is once a day,

My plants is veg look super healthy, spotless! But when I put them in flower they develop this problem, the lower leaves start to dry up and die, some look like they are yellowing out a bit before completely dying,

Also my ppm come out to about 700 to 800, and I do keep my coco wet and give plenty of run off,

I test my run off ppm and pH every now and then, recently I tested because I noticed this problem and
it came out to about 1000ppm almost 1100ppm, witch is pretty high so I flused with about half strength nuts brought it down to the 800ppm range,

And my run off pH was about 5.4 to 5.6 , witch is not for sure the mediums pH but still I like to to say closer to 5.8, I believe this is due to the build up of nuts but as I bring my nutrient strength down in the medium I am fairly certain that my pH with rise do to the lack of buffer

Sorry I can't post pictures properly I could only figure out how to do the attachment. ... I hope you all can see them clearly if not please let me know I will figure out a better way

Attachments

• 20150730_173205.jpg
    20150730_173205.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150730_173109.jpg
    20150730_173109.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20150730_173122.jpg
    20150730_173122.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20150730_173043.jpg
    20150730_173043.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
I originally posted this to ********* because I could not access icmag.. but those guys over there are just usless.. this is my site of choice but for some reason I can only get in half the time it always says access denied

Also some more info,
they are about 30 days info flower,
but the problem showwd up almost the first week of flower.. and it does seem to be spreading,
it seems the indocs dominent is taking it worse the my sativa...

Well I dis agree,...
I only water once a day it has plenty of time to dry out it has 24 hours to dry out..., and I have been doing it lime that sonce I first transplanted them into the bigger pots,
so while they were younger and smaller they were receiving the same treatment,.. and THEY WERE DOING AWSSOMEEE, IT IS ONLY WHEN I SWITCH TO FLOWER WHEN THIS HAPPENDS,
thank you for ur input, but I'd like to rule that out.
I have takin in your responds and thought about it and I am certain that is not it, due to some of that factors I stated I've never had a problem with the coco being to wet, it is simplt when I switch to flowers,

I HAVE SINCE UPED MY Phosphorus and my Potassium! With LIQUID KOOL BLOOM,
so we will see what happends....

Asslover

Veteran
Well I dis agree,...
I only water once a day it has plenty of time to dry out it has 24 hours to dry out..., and I have been doing it lime that sonce I first transplanted them into the bigger pots,
so while they were younger and smaller they were receiving the same treatment,.. and THEY WERE DOING AWSSOMEEE, IT IS ONLY WHEN I SWITCH TO FLOWER WHEN THIS HAPPENDS,
thank you for ur input, but I'd like to rule that out.
I have takin in your responds and thought about it and I am certain that is not it, due to some of that factors I stated I've never had a problem with the coco being to wet, it is simplt when I switch to flowers,

I HAVE SINCE UPED MY Phosphorus and my Potassium! With LIQUID KOOL BLOOM,
so we will see what happends....

When i transplant to a bigger pot it takes a lot longer than 24hrs for the Coco to dry out...
I've seen your problem a thousand time before in my 10 years of using coco. Your coco is too wet. Do not water every day until they NEED watering every day. It takes longer than 24 hrs for the Coco to get dry whenever i transplant to a bigger pot.
Take one of the affected plants and pull the root ball. Whats' tyhe roots look like? Thick white roots or thin yellow/brown roots?
In your first post you yourself said you keep your Coco wet with plenty of runoff. Coco is supposed to stay moist, not wet. Water thoroughly and don't water again until the pots are obviously light. That is how i avoided the issues you're having...

Oh Kay I will do that but I'm telling you my plants were in the larger pots since veg and they were fine with everyday waters so idk why it would suddenly have a problem with it,
I have 2 separate tents with the same issue, and tent 2 has been flowering for about a week or more and the pots get way dry before I get a chance to water.. and they are still having the problem?
it could be one part but I don't think it is 100 present the problem...
like I said they were in the larger pots getting water everyday 2 weeks before they went to flower
and then a week into flower it happends??
I will consider the moisture of my coco tho thank you

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
How long were they in the pot before you flipped to 12/12? Koolbloom won't fix shit:biggrin: You have fans on these plants? What are temps and RH? Lower your ph closer to 5.5. Are you sure your meter isn't whack? You double check ph with drops. Quit using that hydroton on top of coco:biggrin: fan leaves don't get fixed, 30 days in you have to ride it out. Looks like a lockout caused by fucked up ph to me:tiphat: 6/9 and a pinch works, it's always some other factor causing the problem. You can't overwater once you have a healthy root system filling the container of coco.

Z

Ziggaro

That's not overwatering... no need to act superior

You are having this problem when you switch to flower because plants use more water in flowering. That means they are also taking up more nutrients. Your plants look like they are getting burnt up.
Actually, let me correct that because that's a misconception. Plants only take the nutrients they need. The problem is the nutrients they don't need get left behind and build up. The properties of osmosis are what causes your plants to become "burnt."

You absolutely will not have a P def with the head formula in coco. IMO there's a little too much PK in the head formula, but it works well if you feed lower and supplement some extra cal-mag. Try lowering your input by about 1/3. When I used head I never really used more than 5/7.5.

By the way, just because your tap has calcium carbonate, doesn't mean your plants are actually getting that calcium. It needs to be broken down by microbes to even be usable. It also causes a lot more pH drift than you think. If you let your pHed mix sit for 24 hours I wouldn't be surprised if it went up a point or two. I keep calimagic handy for my coco.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
That's not overwatering... listen to the guy instead of trying to sound superior.

You are having this problem when you switch to flower because plants use more water in flowering. That means they are also taking up more nutrients. Your plants look like they are getting burnt up.

You absolutely will not have a P def with the head formula in coco. IMO there's a little too much PK in the head formula, but it works well if you feed lower and supplement some extra cal-mag. Try lowering your input by about 1/3. When I used head I never really used more than 5/7.5.

By the way, just because your tap has calcium carbonate, doesn't mean your plants are actually getting that calcium. It needs to be broken down by microbes to even be usable. It also causes a lot more pH drift than you think. If you let your pHed mix sit for 24 hours I wouldn't be surprised if it went up a point or two. I keep calimagic handy for my coco.

I feed at 5/7.5 and a little Epsom all the way from veg thru bloom also. 1.2ec, it's a beautiful method:tiphat:

Asslover

Veteran
That's not overwatering... no need to act superior

Actually, let me correct that because that's a misconception. Plants only take the nutrients they need. The problem is the nutrients they don't need get left behind and build up. The properties of osmosis are what causes your plants to become "burnt."

So which is it? Too much or too little nutrients?
Btw, Calimagic is Calcium carbonate (+MgN) so why knock Cal Carb only to use a Cal Carb supplement?

OK LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT....

What is ur convertion rate? I use hanna 92623 or something it's like 220 bucks I forget the numbers it has the probe tho its awsome but....

At about 800 to 900 PPM MY NETTER CONVERTS THAT TO ABOUT 1.1 TO 1.2 MS????

WHAT IS UR PPM STONED 40 AND ZIGGARO???

I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE I AM OVER FERTING AGAIN... my run off is anywhere from 1000 to almost high 1100s
and my pH is low at that but it could be because run off pH is a crap shot

I did up my PK with liquid Kool bloom,
should I cancel that next red change?
and should I instead

Cancel the 5 gals of tap water and go all RO???
And just add a little calmag, on top of my Epsom salt??

And should I lower my ratio to that 5/7.5 mix?

Stoned40, yes I have fans I have 2 in there one on top one on bottom, to mix it up,

Currently the thermometer I am using is all across the board... it says it's in the 90s sometimes and it says

99 in 78 out,
it has to readings and I think it just ducks I'm guessing it is in the 80s in there my second tent gives me a proper reading of 84 max usually days since it is hot ass hell summer right now, and about 50is humid.

I'd say they were in the pots for at least 2 weeks..
and then first week of flower they started to show this sign really pretty fast,. So I just don't get it,
it has happens to me in 3 different cases, the veg is amazing!!! The first couple weeks of flower they start to dye from the bottom up, but they do continue to flower pretty nicely!!! But I do think they should probably be doing better

Wttfff is my problem!
why is this happening....
everything is awsome in veg and AL of a sudden everything starts dying in flower,
the only thing that changes is the light!

I don't get it...

Latest posts

Latest posts