What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

question for sam the skunkman on the original haze

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Regardless of what Nevil or Shanti think the OHaze seeds I sold them were made by me in the 70's or 80's the parents of those seeds may have been from seeds I collected from the Haze Bros, Cannabis from when ever. I never sold anyone OHaze seeds I collected from the Haze Brothers Cannabis or given to me by them. I only used OHaze seeds I made myself to sell to others, period. Nevil may have lied to Shanti?

-SamS

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Regardless of what Nevil or Shanti think the OHaze seeds I sold them were made by me in the 70's or 80's the parents of those seeds may have been from seeds I collected from the Haze Bros, Cannabis from when ever. I never sold anyone OHaze seeds I collected from the Haze Brothers Cannabis or given to me by them. I only used OHaze seeds I made myself to sell to others, period. Nevil may have lied to Shanti?

-SamS

Hiya Sam Nevil told me his version of the story but in all honesty Sam 20 years of two sides clashing on the Forums has achieved nothing it still comes down to basics.

With out you Sam taking the seeds to Holland non of us would of seen haze or haze hybrids growing in any of ow gardens including Nevil's.

Wether you believe me or not Sam i have always respected you but that dose not mean i cant disagree with you hell i disagreed with Nevil a lot to.

History is important but what is more impotent is what is left to go forth with preserving or even improving haze if possible.

With out Haze the dutch seen would of been shit .

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Haze has a somewhat clouded history, to say the least. The accepted story is that it has it's roots in the work of the Haze Bros in Corralitos, near Santa Cruz in central California between 1970 and 1975. The Haze Bros grew out many of the finest sativas from imported seeds from Colombia, Mexico, Thailand and South India and hybridised them. Robert Connell Clarke explains the origins of Haze in his 'Origins of the Species' article published in Issue 60 of Cannabis Culture magazine:

“The Original Haze is a late-maturing variety from Central California and was almost always grown in greenhouses, allowing it to finish in December or January. Original Haze was always connoisseur stash, and even in the 1970s it sold for as much as $200 an ounce. Original Haze is a pure sativa stabilised hybrid arising from crossing all of the best females with a male of a different imported sativa variety each year. Starting with Colombian/Mexican hybrids grown from seeds from the first crop, a South Indian male plant was used as a pollen source the second year, and a Thai male plant was used the third year. Depending on which year Haze seeds were collected, they resembled either Colombian, South Indian or Thai plants. Original Haze varies in taste from citrus Thai notes through the gamut of sativa highlights to the deep spicy purple Colombian flavour most common in Dutch Haze cultivars.”

The exact cultivars grown by the Haze Bros are unknown, but the Colombians are said to include Highland Gold and Wacky Weed, the South Indian originated in the Kerala region. The selection of the Colombian and Mexican plants being based on which of them would mature under glass at Santa Cruz's latitude (36.9N). The Haze Bros were sensimilla growers and sold the various phenotypes of Haze under names such as Purple Haze, Silver Blue Haze and Lime Green Haze, the purple batches fetching upto $500 an ounce according to Sam the Skunkman.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
No one can accuse you of being intelligent now can they mate Quotes with real facts bother you ?.

Here is one more for you to enjoy.

stop quoting, start growing. I am not interested in your bullshit, or when you masturbate with Nevil´s name. do it in private circle please. this thread is about original haze. you grow it? no. stupid troll.

CannaT

Premium user
So what is problem here?

Sam got those seeds who were Columbia,Thai,Indian and Mexican.

Sam later made crosses with seeds he got.
So thats why there are phenos from Thai to Columbian.
There is difference between Sams work aka Original Haze.
And pre original Haze seeds just called Haze which was grown by Haze Brothers.
First Haze grown by brothers was Col/Mex year later it was Col/Mex x Indian later it was
(Col/Mex x Ind)x Thai.
Then Sam got seeds.
And from (Col/Mex x Ind)x Thai he made Original Haze.
He come to NL give seeds to breeders and rest is just history.

TheDarkStorm

-SamS

Sam if I buy original haze from for example tod can I be guaranteed from say 100 seeds to find this hazeA pheno type. The main plant in the back

Attachments

• 102_8614.jpg
    102_8614.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 29

TheDarkStorm

Or maybe this hazeC pheno type
If it can be guaranteed by yourself..meaning you give your word then I will along with others start to look...even if it means I have to look through a thousand....or maybe you have pictures of some of the clones you say you have that are similar

Attachments

• user110_pic505863_1286531808.jpg
    user110_pic505863_1286531808.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 27

CannaT

Premium user
Sam if I buy original haze from for example tod can I be guaranteed from say 100 seeds to find this hazeA pheno type. The main plant in the back

No mather what you find if you grow like this.
All will be garbage.
Sry mate but lots of growers today just grow weed that in reality is
forage and nothing more.
Only leet grown buds I consider smokable.
All these cuts what you wrote about are famous cuz they are grown in hydro by perfection.
Today lots of growers think they are growers and thats all.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
No mather what you find if you grow like this.
All will be garbage.
Sry mate but lots of growers today just grow weed that in reality is
forage and nothing more.
Only leet grown buds I consider smokable.
All these cuts what you wrote about are famous cuz they are grown in hydro by perfection.
Today lots of growers think they are growers and thats all.

thumbs up

CannaT

Premium user
Or maybe this hazeC pheno type
If it can be guaranteed by yourself..meaning you give your word then I will along with others start to look...even if it mean I have to look through a thousand....

If you have deficiency with haze in 4th week of flower i dont want see and result of it at 13 or 15 week....it will be good just for
cattle and ungulates.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
so disgusting, do you have Nevil´s agreement for this? using his name like that in every your trolling post? was it in his testament? "Hempy can use my name like piece of shit" I doubt it...

Unlike you Maha i have friends and Nevil just happened to be one as for growing i have grown cannabis for longer than you been alive i am thinking.

You really need therapy dude this hard on you have for Nevil needs attention.

TheDarkStorm

Sam Id like to produce something like this ...so your help would be appreciated

Picture of a original f1 5ac

Attachments

• IMG_20200910_222816.jpg
    IMG_20200910_222816.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 29

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Unlike you Maha i have friends and Nevil just happened to be one as for growing i have wn cannabis for longer than you been alive i am thinking.

again masturbate with his name. you are very disgusting.

TheDarkStorm

If you have deficiency with haze in 4th week of flower i dont want see and result of it at 13 or 15 week....it will be good just for
cattle and ungulates.

The fathers is similar...no deficiency...its like that...any way wer concentrating on wat it is....show me phenos that are like that fom Ohz

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Unlike you Maha i have friends and Nevil just happened to be one as for growing i have grown cannabis for longer than you been alive i am thinking.

stop trolling in this thread, you have no contribution. no plants, just your little perversion with dead man.

TheDarkStorm

Personal atacks are unnecessary...were all trying to get the best we can from haze in this thread..or get help or learn something....we dont need to atack people to do that.....

CannaT

Premium user
Id like to produce something like this ...so your help would be appreciated

Picture of a original f1 5ac

It have some N deficiency but for my taste it is to early for it at that stage to have it.
But also it is to early to tell what you will get with it.
It looks like any other NLD cultivar.
Maybe it is hemp aka below 0.3% Cannabis Sativa.
Who really knows i start my journey now with CBD and CBG genetics.
Picture dosent prove nothing here is my picture of seedsman CBG 1.
But if i say that it is cookies or something who will know. ???
Here it is.
https://i.imgur.com/4ucVPUc.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts