Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Functional Cannabis Strains

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Royal Queen Seeds
Functional Cannabis Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2017, 04:23 AM #31
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californee View Post
Doug,
So what's the back story on this cut of canatsu?
I picked it up from a colorado grower, a rather prominent member of icmag ( Thanks, you know who you are).

Beyond it being a specific pheno of a Cannatonic/Sour Tsunami cross, I haven't a clue. Don't know who popped the beans originally or who spread the cut. I was seeking high CBD strains like Harlequin, with low inebriation, and this is what was offered.

Super glad to run across it. I'm always looking for something better though.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 06:16 AM #32
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura about
Recently got Sour Tsunami/GB x Blueberry. Xcellent medicinal, not much of a high, although a body buzz. Helped immensely for pain. Also in recent stash buy, Mullaways (Aussie low thc, high CBD) x Blueberry. Aim to do that one indoors late fall.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2017, 06:42 AM #33
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Thanks for that. Sounds like some interesting combinations. I hadn't heard of Mullaways before. Does the body buzz, from the Sour Tsunami cross affect motor skills, reflexes, spatial coordination at all? I wouldn't mind a functional body buzz, if it was pleasant.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:50 AM #34
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, afterthought guys traded with an Oz member here and have been working with Mullaways for awhile. Got their gear both autos and high CBD photos goin.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 06:45 PM #35
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
you might want to try a 10-pack of Cannatonic from Resin Seeds. It leans sativa, half or more of the plants have CBD, you should get a female that gives you the clear high you want. Trial and error.

I liked this strain and all the females were good in the daytime. I suspect the CBD makes my brain a bit foggy but not nearly as much as indica strains. My Cannatonic were good yielders with tropical fruit flavors, you can't go wrong there.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:34 PM #36
Douglas.Curtis

Appreciate the suggestion. Did there happen to be any with a clear focus, zero high? After being super functional with Canna-Tsu, even the clear highs are annoying. Literally, the more Ctsu I use, the less desire I have for anything which impacts my functionality.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:45 PM #37
Douglas.Curtis

Got a hit on a request for the background of Canna-Tsu. It came from Davillian, Dave at Elite Cannabis. It's a 20% CBD, 9% THC pheno.

Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 PM #38
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant futureLester Beans has a brilliant future
I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever. Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 11:56 PM #39
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever.
I thought the same of harlequin as well. It does have a buzz though. Had to seriously clean out my system before I could feel it. It's also low potency, so if there were issues during the grow it can come off very low potency, making it even more difficult to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.
Makes me suspect of the samples you had, or could just be your physiology. The longer I use the Canna-Tsu, the lower my pain, anxiety and other issues get.

I know I ended up "chasing the high," at first. I've spent so long associating being high with being medicated, I would keep using more and more. Once I realized what was going on, I began to wait some time after a bowl, see where my issues were at and then re-medicate if necessary. Turns out I was using way more than I needed. Definitely different having my issues abated, and still being perfectly sober. The full spectrum of effects took over a week to begin and at 3 weeks life starts to get good.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:21 AM #40
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirrity View Post
i grew just 2 seeds. out of the 2 one have been sort of a runt, no deformities or anything just really stunted plant.
normal plant was a really nice plant, leaves wasn't like some very broad leafed indicas, more that of a hybrid. it doesn't require nutrients all that much, it feels as though it could go on on bare water. the smell isn't fruity at all, it's more of spicy skunky sweetness. soapy, savory/chicken, with a dash of pine freshness, pretty pungent.
i let her go 11 weeks, she dropped all her fan leaves with the rest of them turned either yellow, dried out or chlorotic. that's because she didn't show all that much of amber trichs around 9 week mark.
honestly smoke wise i don't feel it as an indica at all, at least not a knockout, couchlock indica. i would rate it 70/30 indica/sativa. it doesn't make my eyes red or body stoned. it also doesn't impair short term memory - you know, when you have hard but giggly times completing simple tasks, like you can't find a folder on your pc and when you finally find it you don't remember what you was looking for in the first place. munchies are there but not really severe. it is just relaxing, serene, pretty clearheaded and functional chillout herb, good for an evening on the beach with freesbie. it's still indica so it's pretty lazy and your muscles feel somewhat heavy like after a good deep tissue massage, but it doesn't make me sleepy.

Here is a post from nierity about sweet seeds SAD
Californee is offline Quote