What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Guide to Fishsticks

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
turns out i'm ahead of the curve on the whole rip up your grass yard and replace it with native plants trend...

IMG_20230518_172120231_HDR.jpg
IMG_20230518_151010891_HDR.jpg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yard is beautiful! bet you get swarmed with hummingbirds...
swarmed might be a bit of an overstatement....but for sure seeing them is a daily occurrence,and often they fly right up to me and hover,and the occasional hummingbird aerial combat demonstration...and a half dozen species of bees...and butterflies and moths...and shit tons of lizards...and over the winter i saw a lot of western cardinals....and i barely have to water except in june until the monsoon kicks off...and once the rain starts barely any water makes it out of the yard...and there's never a time during the year that something isn't blooming...
now it's just a wall of foliage and blossoms,the trees are big enough to shade the house so all in all a success,albeit a wild looking one...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed:mornin campers...off to the bike shop in a bit...more stuff to be serviced,another bottom bracket and a hub...new bearings for the bottom bracket and just a cleaning and re-lube on the hub...i should probably buy a bearing press/extraction tool someday,expensive....300+ for a set,and debatable whether i would get enough use out of it,and one of those things best left to the mechanics at the shop...
otherwise more trimming to deal with,it never seems to end...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
(y) alrighty,time to roll out...got my friends bike i'm borrowing for the weekend...the chain is seriously dirty,i may have to give it a quick clean and lube just so my ocd doesn't kick in...anyway,got all the parts i need serviced ready to go...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait what you had to borrow a bike don't you have like 12 of them or something??
it's a new model from the maker i have two bikes from so more that he wanted my impressions of the ride quality since i have a fleet of bikes to compare and contrast to as a semi-famous bike nerd

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ah I see it all makes sense now...will you be needing one now that you tried it?
naw,i'm well covered in the niche it would fit in...and this one is a prototype so not even available if i wanted one...
really if i was gonna spend any big chunk of money on bike stuff i would get another set of wheels built up...and of course continue to replace bits and bobs with titanium parts

Drumskinz

naw,i'm well covered in the niche it would fit in...and this one is a prototype so not even available if i wanted one...
really if i was gonna spend any big chunk of money on bike stuff i would get another set of wheels built up...and of course continue to replace bits and bobs with titanium parts
I got titanium knees…will they count for bits and bobs