What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Autoflower?

G

Hi guys, I just read every post with the search phrase "autoflower" and was getting some awesome results!

It seems that to date the released strains are:

Lowryder - fast, small, low potency
Powerstout - from above, selected to be bulkier
Masterlow - from lowryder also, potency better than the above 2.

Then I saw some posts from years ago, Mdanzig was working on a ducksfoot and ak-47 auto cross.

These posts were all a few years or more old, so I was wondering, what is the current king of autoflowers?

My idea was to seed out plots of land with 2-3 at a plot and spread em out during the grow season where I live, then GPS my way back to them all in a couple months. However usually the posts where people talked about autoflowering plants got bombarded with people that just dropped in to say how the plants suck and had no potency. Perhaps there is a shred of truth, but I'd like to preemptively ask anyone to not do that in this thread. Hit back button instead please :)

To those of you who are interested in autoflowers, whats a good potent cross? In testing I hear word of a blue streak, but it is a closed private test, release date unknown (as soon as it is stable). With that in mind am I missing any other autoflowers soon to be released? I would hate to pick up a low thc plant with all my $$$ and have the one I am looking for now released in a couple months hehe.

So lets talk about autoflowers! Other than the 3 listed above, whats out there? If it has no potency I dont care about it, I know a lot of the ruderalis crosses really dont have much thc at all, so lets not bring them up.

There was a ton of good information in the search cache, but much was really old, please don't take offense of a new thread being created

peace, i'm off to work :wave:

G

lemon thai is the potent autoflowerin plants ive had. dont know nothin on the lowryder, guys i know that have grown out LR say its bunk?

Mdanzig has spent alot of time and work with LR and crosses hes done. id say he is the man to talk to on auto flowerin lines.

G

Hmm i know of a BlueStreak not sure how it compares to the other AF strains and i dont know if hes tried any others

maybe he will drop a line

time will tell

NOKUY

Veteran
others to look into:

"Guerilla Gold" AF, but I dont think its as quick to flower as lowryder

"Rasta" I think this is a completely dif. AF altogether (not even ruderalis)

Dr Greenthumb has just released a 15 weeks' seed to harvest autoflowerer. He says it is much better than Lowryder and it costs plenty.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
AK47 x LR
Master Low
Blue Streak

I plan on doing the same with the af hybrids. I want to spread them out around the woods. I don't see anybody coming cross a af plant. I grew two Blue Streaks outside this year and they were small. I couldn't see them unless I wanted to. From a distance you can't even see them unless your looking for them. I'd say a good run would be about 20 females. I'd have about 5 in each spot. I'd say you get about a pound all together. Start them indoors and wait to they show sex, then plant the ladies outside. Keep some nice males to make more seeds too. I plan on growing some Master Low and Blue Streak indoors this year for a nice seed run. Come summer I'm planting them.

Last edited:

Safari

I know there is a lowryder #2 that was recently released that is suppose to have better potency, but I have never grown an autoflower, yet.

TUTIDO

Lowryder #2 is supposed throw Santa Marta into the mix with the original LR genetics if I recall correctly. The santa Marta is supposed to help satisfy complaints about potency in LR, however, I've not known of anyone who's grown this yet.

Blue Streak is Blueberry (Probably DJ, but not positive) crossed with LR. I keep seeing testing threads about this, and people seem to like it, but I have no clue when It'll be released. The threads I've seen make me think that this will be a good investment, when it does come out, for those of us interested in AF genetics.

Master Low, for those who don't know, is Master Kush and LR. If you want to Stick with LR and it's Hybrids, I would go this route for now, or try the new LR#2 and get some info on it for the rest of us to look over. I have Masterlow's running right now, and they have their quirks (mutant leaf structures in some cases, and germ times in my exp of up to 3 weeks) but I feel like this was probably the best way to go at the time. Most people seem to say (besides the obvious naysayers of AF/Ruderalis) that this plants is a step in the right direction in terms of potency and higher yield. It also goes a week or two more than LR though.

That's the extent of my knowledge so far. I'd really like to see someone post more about the less known AF plants, Guerilla Gold, Lemon Thai, etc. Where we can find those seeds would also be nice. I've heard of these other AFs before in other threads, but I've yet to really see much information about them.

(I apologize if any of my information is out of date/inaccurate, it's based on my personal experiences, and what I've picked up from other AF posts and articles)

G

Great info, thanks guys.

Well I plan on trying out any I can get my hands on. Waiting to see Masterlow listed on the boo then I'll get some. If I procrastinate long enough maybe one of those more potent exotic AF's will show up :)

I like the idea of the AK-47 cross. Full Auto AK-47 hehe, well anyhow.. I cant wait to get my hands on some of these seeds, they just seem fun!

G

quick question: would planting a seed outdoors during 12/12 sun result in a plant behaving the same as an autoflower? i.e. dwarf stature, fast finish etc?

jrw

Got some Lowsnow (Lowryder X SnowWhite) seeds laying around produced by a fellow danish grower.

They are supposed to be autoflowering alright.

Just need some air-control, then I fire them up...

EDIT: Sorry, the grower, Dragon, is apparently Swedish. I bought the seeds off a danish seedbank associated with a danish grow site, which explains the confusion.

Last edited:

Greens

NOKUY said:
others to look into:

"Guerilla Gold" AF, but I dont think its as quick to flower as lowryder

"Rasta" I think this is a completely dif. AF altogether (not even ruderalis)

Yeah, Guerilla Gold is quite a bit more potent than LR or or LR crosses, but GG is for outdoors only.

G

I just bought the masterlow on the bay, seems to be what i am looking for.

Heirloom said:
I just bought the masterlow on the bay, seems to be what i am looking for.

So did I...i guess we'll be running these together.I'm also curious about those other strains.Soon as Bluestreak is stabilized,i'll be putting an order in for those as well.Good luck with yours

TUTIDO

Insane: Sorry about the mix up in Lineage, thanks for getting the correct information out there.

It still doesn't seem like anyone really has much info on the other non-LR AFs. Is anyone growing those, know where to get seeds, etc?

G

Cool DRE, cant wait to get started :)

As to the bluestreak, yeah at first i was gonna hold out for it, then I decided, by the time it's released I could already have a stock of ML bud, so getting started.

I plan on growing the first harvest entirely for seeds. If I have an excess of ladies perhaps I will set one aside and keep her from fooling around, but otherwise I want a lot of seeds.

I plan on playing around with this strain. Parks, farms, roadside ditches lol you name it, my beans will be in it. Gonna hide em all, then GPS back to the secrect spots. This is gonna be fun.

Last edited:

Greens

Since you are growing outdoors, you might want to take a look at Guerilla Gold bro. Seriously, GG is much, much more potent than LR or any LR cross. The thing is that it's not as fast as LR. If you plant them outdoors June 1st (just 3 inches tall), they'll be done around the end of August around 3 feet tall. The yield will be much better than LR and the potency/high will be also way better, so it's a good trade off. The GG beans are ready to go now for those who have been asking.

Here's a few pics of GG...

Last edited: