What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$31.00 Speed Dryer

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
here's that bud that was propped up in the intake hole as of last night

stem isn't cracking yet, but the thing is at least 2x more dry than the rest that are hanging :chin:

G

You are very resourceful and it looks like it is working like you intended. Awhile back I bought myself one of those home depot cabinets C90 or whatever. It stood about 4x3.5x4 h/w/l the back was made of that carboard like material made it real easy to cut holes in. Had a dayton blower attached. Also attached a rack to the ceiling of it so i could hang branches from it. This route wasn't cheap at all so I'd say go with the cheap $5 k-mart bin.

Thats it in the background and buds hanging inside of it.

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
just remember faster dried burns worse.

I had once made something similiar to that with a bathroom fan. used ac filters, cat litter and dryers sheets as a make shift carbon air scrubbler

Last edited:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
hey guys, the stems snapped today, so that makes... 4 days for absolute minimum... smoked a pinch, did not taste good at all (harsh... needs cure... still planty)

got high though :D

slyfoxberg

heres my cheap version of the same thing. wire coat hangers cut up and used as rods across a cardboard box. buds hung by clothespins. hole cut in one end that i can fit a fan in. works pretty good.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I reckon this is the sort of thing its good to have if you are waiting fr your crop coz u got no smoke left, you can quick dry a bit to keep you going while you dry the bulk of your crop the usual way.....

G

rock on im makign this right now but im making mine out of sheet metal and uding 120mm comptuer fans :D

SpacedCWBY

Veteran
optimusprime said:
very kool. the guys who make the dryer box are gonna be pissed. Another home made stand back and be proud moment!!! good job.

You mean those guys who are charging $500 for a rubbermaid box and a $25 inline duct fan???

He he he... Great job OG.

I use the same idea except on a larger scale. I have an apartment size fridge and a cheap 120cfm bath fan.

Excellent how-to...

Spaced...

king_taco

great thread ogrefugee:wave: i read this some time ago and recently whiped this up, i think mine was a little cheaper though. not trying to thread jack, just sharing :joint:

~~Grow Free~~
king_taco

Last edited:
D

deathtosoapbar

it aint a bad invention tho same thing can be acheived by using cold fan option on an electric oven (assumin the oven is clean lol) and if the oven door is opened a couple of times during the process thts sum air exchange jus an idea for people who cant be arsed choppin up plastic and buyin fans etc , i mean if the bucket fan idea left the weed as good as hang dried and cured it may be worth makin but as it isnt, if u got an electric oven use that...og refugee nice job mate dont take offence im jus sayin a way with similar results no work involved

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Thumbs up for being inventive ogrefugee. I think your speed dryer could come handy if space is an issue and you cannot dry properly elsewhere. But speed drying isn't an option to me personally.

Simply because over the years, I've come to the conclusion that the drying proces should be as slow as possible in order to get the highest quality buds.

Ideally, your dry room should be cool, dry and areated. Ideally, your buds should slow-dry over a two week period, that is be just dry enough (so that twigs snap) after a forthnight.

It is a delicate balance between allowing the buds to dry fast enough to prevent fungi (bud rot), but slow enough to get the best result (that said, colas with bud rot should perhaps be dried a bit faster).

The faster you dry your buds, the fluffier and more brittle they become.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
you can get little dc fans for terrariums, usually in a pair for in out or counble out, they would be pefect for something like this. some have a teo controlled speed like some pc fans, so depending on the temp they go faster or slower.