What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

has art of making fire's piff/uptown haze become widespread

has art of making fire's piff/uptown haze become widespread yet because i used to follow his thread wondered if anyones growning it/has it.not asking for a cut either just wana see any additional info/grow info

Im curious as well. This would be interesting. Havent heard from him since a PM a few years ago before I went on hiatus. Either way, cheers ART. Hope all is well.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
well, for what it's worth, i used to follow that thread as well, and i was a huge fan of piff/frankies/nyc haze, whatever you want to call it. It's been at least 5 years since I've last smoked it, but I recently found something that has the same flavor and high, to the T, in a nice pheno of Moby Dick, which is supposedly White Widow x Haze, but from my research, they are lying, and are just using a haze dominant Jack Herer for the cross. Either way, it's the closest thing in flavor and high that I've ever experienced, it has that hazey incency musky soapy taste, and the intense high. In researching back in the day, in one of the piff threads, someone made a comment that the piff was a widow haze, when they were trying to find the genetics. i didn't believe it at the time, because the popular consensus seemed to be that it was a nl5xhaze, but when I found the exact pheno in Moby Dick, perhaps theres some truth behind that persons claim. Either way, if anyone is trying to find a plant with that taste, I'd highly suggest growing some Moby Dick and finding a good pheno. I personally don't like growing it, because it stretches like nothing I've experienced, and just takes up way too much space for not much yield.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Sorry people. Never saw this.

Unfortunately, it never made it. I caught a charge and long story short both phenotypes died. I'm in the search for a cut still, but have been busy with other shit. One day perhaps.

Check me out. I'm outing myself. I could really give a fuck. It's almost legal.
This is my music.

http://picosong.com/4Vuq/

This is my fan page on Facebook. Like me if you like hip hop/my music. Thankss!

http://www.facebook.com/artofmakingfire

lifehack

Woody stalks and red/purple? stems with narrow kinda crinkly leaves.. idk this is my unknown haze which taste of wood and incense.. they are the same things right lol? most run were 98-100 days for amber trics to appear. Some had a distinct odor of Soap/Cedar when fresh and after cure smelled strongly of glue. The strongest ones were the glue/solvent smelling phenos.. idk where youll find this strain but.. it was likely a silver haze cross due to the nature of SWIM finding his beans.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Nobody got the cut.... phenos are out there close but last i heard the cut is not out.... in a few ddp rooms only being flowered in smaller batches... if n when it does get out ill most likely be the first non ddp to have it ... hopin when my homie gets out itll happen...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Theres a brown redish long flowering incense floral funky its older one was around in the 90s n a green white/silver golden cut which is the shit 70-75days 2 a light.. smells straight soap incense basement. Mostly found in sealed bags... they both alive but remain hidden for now

Lesnah

Stoney, when you say DDP are you referring to Dominicans don't play or it stands for a type of setup? Please excuse my ignorance.

lifehack

Alaskan Ice is close.. but needs that secret ingredient.. I would say its probably got something to do with an unknown sativa out there.. doubtfully landrace but maybe a Galapagos type of sativa.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Yep thm dominicans wont let it out... its only kept in there group... since the big bust only 4 or 5 ppl holdin it... i grew up went to school with most of them who are from the states... flew idk how many lbs north pre911... still kept it out of my hands... im not dominican.... so anyone who says the have it is full of shit... one homie had an acct here yrs back but never posted... i can tell ya this as far what it is. .. they dont know either...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I been under deep cover for several years wifing up a Dominicana...

If I get my hands on it, I got everyone.

I'm not trying to blow the spot up, but it is most certainly landrace sativa from DR...

From what I understand, there are many many phenos over there and some better than whats grown over here.

Without getting into my personal biz, I'm off papers and can travel outside the country in 3 months... We've been planning a trip for several years... I got a line on tons of beans... I will keep yall posted.

LOL.. DDP. Haven't heard that shit in a minute.

EVERYONE STAY SAFE!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I have to post this...

This thread KILLS ME! It is truly a testament to my bad decisions in life. A time when I was lost and thought being violent and hurtful was the way to respect and success. The lessons this society will teach you I suppose. I was halfway on the path... Making the choice to never sell government drugs to the people, instead choosing to grow life and love for my fellow humans. However, I did not shed completely old ways of thinking... This lead to my incarceration at the previous pinnacle of my life. I had everything going for me....

On top of that I had two amazing selections of The Uptown Haze. You all know the story. Years of buying custy bags of block work to find those beans... Just to lose it all... It actually did make it out of that show, but was lost a few months after by a than amateur grower. Painful, but my own fault.

Than I see all the interest in this strain... It kills me.

As previously stated, I'm heavily in the Dominican life. Lol. My woman's brother took a seven year trip over there to dodge some charges... He has been making connections on my behalf for a while. I promise you all I will try everything in my power to obtain solid genetics and spread them everywhere.

This is absolutely one of my favorite strains of yerba ever. It makes my heart race and I break a sweat. The most racy sativa I've ever encountered. NOT FOR EVERYONE. And you're looking at minimum 12 weeks. 14 if you a G. For Cannabis lovers only.

I WILL CHECK IN SOON. I CAN TRAVEL IN 3.5 MONTHS.

THANK YOU FOR THE INTEREST!

SourDank

Veteran
That's awesome Art, definitely keep us updated. Never had the uptown but I love me some racy energetic haze. you can't beat it. I was definitely sad never seein your thread progress, but it's nice to see your still workin on it. Respect brother

Manstien

ART you the man...bringing back memories of that thread...

Keep it up meng - you know how it goes...ups and downs..

Lesnah

Heheh, Block Work...this dude definitely knows his dominican lingo. I've been visiting my ppls in the Heights recently, and even there it's becoming "elusive". I know Dyckam/Inwood still has the puray at least. They've been pitching and religiously smoking it for damn near 20 years already.