Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Old Stoners Crash Pad > The best and worst inventions ever

Thread Title Search
The best and worst inventions ever Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-31-2020, 12:12 PM #1
Cuddles

Cuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud of
The best and worst inventions ever

`We should close the patent office because everything can be invented has already been invented´
- Charles H. Duell,Commissioner of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Year: 1899

I´ll make a start with some inventions I´m grateful for:
Washing machines, vacuum cleaners, tampons, condoms
Cuddles is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:57 PM #2
EsterEssence

EsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivorEsterEssence is a survivor
My tumbler, without it I would have to smoke all that plant material...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 04:59 PM #3
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
I am impressed with floss sticks. Simple but brilliant. How it took so long to invent them is crazy.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:25 PM #4
Cuddles

Cuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud ofCuddles has much to be proud of
floss sticks? Is that dental care? I´ve notseen them where I live

The problem is not that new products are not being invented but rather that they are simply not being manufactured.
There are TONS of great products being invented all the time but finding a company to make and sell them? - That´s truly a long shot!
Story of my life.....
Cuddles is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 06:59 PM #5
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Worst:
Pop up ads
New Coke
Sub Prime Mortgages
Asbestos
Plastic grocery bags

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:00 PM #6
aridbud
automeister

aridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivoraridbud is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
I am impressed with floss sticks. Simple but brilliant. How it took so long to invent them is crazy.
I like the interdental floss brushes.

Seeds have the power to preserve species, to enhance cultural as well as genetic diversity, to counter economic monopoly and to check the advance of conformity on all its many fronts.
Michael Pollan
"Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble." ~John Lewis

afterthought autos
We are passionate auto breeders growing organically in the USA since 2008 and offer 34 autoflowering strains, 15 photoperiods, 10 CBD hemp hybrids in our decades of breeding expertise. afterthought autos - we are unique quality cannabis autoflower breeders for medical conditions and recreational stimulus. Auto breeding 14.5 years, and running strong! We're on SEEDBAY again...trio of goodies - autos, photoperiods and CBD hemp strains!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:04 PM #7
pop_rocks

pop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivorpop_rocks is a survivor
Best Invention Ever:
television

Worst Invention Ever:
television
pop_rocks is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 07:51 PM #8
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
+10

A close contender, the computer and Iphones.

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:02 PM #9
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
unclefishstick has completed 8 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
the bicycle,best invention ever!
unclefishstick is online now Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2020, 08:24 PM #10
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivorbigtacofarmer is a survivor
Not gonna pick a favorite. But all musical instruments and recording devices are high on the list of best.
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

5 members found this post helpful.