What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Re-schedule of cannabis by the DEA?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6-10 years of research will be required to scientifically establish the medical benefits of cannabis according to procedures put in place by the DEA.

Federally recognized medical marijuana may be a long way away.

A president in favor of legalization could speed things up. If it's Clinton or Trump, it might be another 6 to 10 years.

At least they both support the rights of states to legalize it. This will be the first election in my lifetime where both of the major candidates support the rights of states to legalize weed.

Genghis Kush

The 6-10 years is how long it takes to get through the different phases of research.

Regardless of the overwhelming anecdotal evidence, for the Fed to recognize something as a valid medicine it must be scientifically proven.

This is a good thing as it protects us from fake medicines,

but obviously research into the medical benefits of cannabis should have been done long ago

"Clinical trials are conducted in a series of steps, called phases - each phase is designed to answer a separate research question.

•Phase I: Researchers test a new drug or treatment in a small group of people for the first time to evaluate its safety, determine a safe dosage range, and identify side effects.

•Phase II: The drug or treatment is given to a larger group of people to see if it is effective and to further evaluate its safety.

•Phase III: The drug or treatment is given to large groups of people to confirm its effectiveness, monitor side effects, compare it to commonly used treatments, and collect information that will allow the drug or treatment to be used safely.

•Phase IV: Studies are done after the drug or treatment has been marketed to gather information on the drug's effect in various populations and any side effects associated with long-term use."

B

bringyalungs

Fuck the pigs, hogs and the boars....rats and snakes too...

Fat Albert

How in the hell is cocaine considered better than cannabis. Cocaine is schedule 2 and the good ole naturally weed is schedule 1??? I never noticed that. Thought blow was right up there with the big dog of poison cannabis. It is an unfortunate joke these fuckers are pulling.

Cocaine is used as a topical anesthetic in certain eye and sinus procedures, hence it being a Schedule II because it has a medical use.

merc500

puck the DEA i don't give a xxxx what they do ! azz holes.lying sob's they are. narco cops the lowest form of life on the planet

Genghis Kush

ive experienced medical cocaine in the hospital. they put it on long cotton swab sticks and ram it up your sinuses. its brutally painful. but it works.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How in the hell is cocaine considered better than cannabis. Cocaine is schedule 2 and the good ole naturally weed is schedule 1??? I never noticed that. Thought blow was right up there with the big dog of poison cannabis. It is an unfortunate joke these fuckers are pulling.

Every medication with the term "cane" in it contains coke...
Novacane
Lidocane

Genghis Kush

Novocaine and lidocaine are not made from Coca and are related to cocaine only by similarities in name and medical usage.

"Novocaine, which dentists use, has a name derived from a combination of “novo,’’ for new, and the ending of cocaine. Also called procaine, it is chemically quite unrelated to cocaine and relatively easy to make - the first synthesis was in 1898. It doesn’t have any euphoric or addictive effects, so there is no potential for abuse, but it is a good local anesthetic - aside from the fact that it dilates blood vessels and can increase bleeding.

A similar anesthetic compound is lidocaine (also called xylocaine), first synthesized in 1943. It has less potential to cause an allergic reaction and is widely used, not only by dentists, but in gels and sprays for skin and mouth pain. Benzocaine, another similar chemical, has even been used in condoms made to help avoid premature ejaculation."

enough about cocaine, lets get back to herb

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's an idea. Drop cannabis from the schedule and add Alcohol and Tobacco. :tiphat:

I'd rather just drop the schedules completely. Let adults do what they want to do with their lives. Prohibition doesn't work.