What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

top of the heap to third world status in one generation

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
wasnt too long ago theyd swipe yer throat and slap it on agar in a petrie dish to "figure it out" if memory serves

We did in high school. Don't know if they still do.

Like Art and Shop class, Home Economics, Music and Gym equipment, all that stuff is being taken away. If it hasn't happened already.

Gry

Veteran
I can only assume you're talking about your life as the generation.
By that i mean during your life you must have realized that the country you're talking about never was top of the heap....

I have no idea where you live, my statement is applicable across the board....
The US dollar is the global reserve currency.
That won't change in the near future.

h.h.

Veteran
Flag in quarantine after assault at CPAC.
Possible covid-19.
Possible herpes.
Still playing Coachellafect..

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
soon the atmosphere won't be clean to breath anyway - already in many places its not - so best get used to wearing that mask - and the kids joke of buying me a hazmat suit for a birthday gift - seems ever more serious - as the days go by -

- or am I being a silly old paranoid fool? -

T

TheForgotten

- or am I being a silly old paranoid fool? -

I personally don't think so.
The white house report on state of the world from the George W Bush era stated that due to greenhouse effect and climate change, the weather in the next 10 - 30 years will become so destructive that even some first world economies may collapse. It's been more than 10 years and the weather is living up to that.

You are a person who has personally witnessed how horrible big money can cause people to act, it's realistic to think that big industry will continue to keep hidden agendas, furthering the destruction of the planet.
Depopulation will be good for the planet, and nature will help that along IMO....

h.h.

Veteran
Being paranoid is what has kept the virus from spreading as fast.

Maybe today will be a good day for climate change activism as we watch the failures in our oil derived economy.

Free the power. Free the green. Free green power for all.

T

TheForgotten

Maybe today will be a good day for climate change activism as we watch the failures in our oil derived economy.

In a perfect world the economy could go phuck itself, and every person would stay home for a month or 3 (i wish)....

h.h.

Veteran

In a perfect world the economy could go phuck itself, and every person would stay home for a month or 3 (i wish)....

After 2008, what once worked, worked no more.

What say 2020? We have to reinvent ourselves again. Maybe it’s a good thing?

T

TheForgotten

Probably good for the planet, yes.
I'm worried, at 50 y.o. even though i'm healthy i get more colds than i used to, what if i become a victim? I still have many plans....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
You can't just duke it out with this virus at 60 and try and believe that you will be one of the lucky ones - especially if you smoke/toke - since this virus attacks the lungs - creating pneumonia - trying to make you drown in your own snot -

So rather than try combat it - best to try and stay away from it - if you can - but there is probably no where to run to - and no-where to hide - and sooner or later it'll get ya - just like the common cold or flu have done before -

h.h.

Veteran
Probably good for the planet, yes.
I'm worried, at 50 y.o. even though i'm healthy i get more colds than i used to, what if i become a victim? I still have many plans....

I got a good 10+ years on you. I can’t remember the last time I was sick. I’m more concerned of spreading it to those around me.

Maybe we’ll all get a little bit healthier with this on the back of our minds. Tweak our habits for the better.

X

xavier7995

Effect vs. Affect always throws me. I am always worried of sticking Affect in and having it be wrong and look pretentious so I just err on the side of caution and deal with the effects of always using effect.

T

TheForgotten

Effect vs. Affect always throws me. I am always worried of sticking Affect in and having it be wrong and look pretentious so I just err on the side of caution and deal with the effects of always using effect.

How would appearing pretentious affect you? What would the effect be? LOL I'm such an ass....

What i enjoyed was english 12, while reading we learned illusion, allusion....

https://www.dictionary.com/e/allusion-vs-illusion/

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
43 Embarrassing Grammar Mistakes Even Smart People Make Like it or not, words, spelling, and punctuation can leave a lasting impression on others. But even the most educated people often unknowingly make these common flubs.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...en-smart-people-make?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I just began reading through this and on the third entry found an error. Interesting in a document meant to correct.
'Irregardless' has been accepted as a word now for many years. It has been debated by scholars and accepted as non-standard. There are many such words which evolve in the English language over time.