Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > tell me its not what I think it is...hermie

Thread Title Search
tell me its not what I think it is...hermie Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2020, 01:21 AM #1
cough_cough_eer
Anita Bonghitt

cough_cough_eer has disabled reputation
tell me its not what I think it is...hermie

Its a cut from the last run from seed. (Malawi) The plant I took the cut from was seeded. I thought maybe it was pollinated from another hermie in the garden, but saw no pollen. I took cuts thinkin the mother was stresses that caused her to be seeded. It was in there 3 months before I saw it was seeded. I want to avoid that

Anyway, back to the cut. its still in veg and I'm seeing balls. Its only about 3-4 weeks old.

thanks for taking a look

Why is it that rich people are concidered eccentric and poor people are just wierd????
cough_cough_eer is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 08:38 AM #2
J-Icky

J-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really niceJ-Icky is just really nice
Yeah from what I can see in that pic it def looks like it’s growing some balls.
I don’t know where your located but there is a product available in the states called Florel that can be used to suppress the male hormone in herms. I think the chemical in that is Ethephon which breaks down into ethylene which is the “female” hormone in cannabis.
It actually works so well it can be used to flip a male plant into a female much like sts can cause a female to grow pollen sacks.
J-Icky is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:50 AM #3
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

ojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant future
Wow thats interesting , even used to flip a Male ? . Wow im defo looking into that, could be a great tool for seedmakers
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Icky View Post
I don’t know where your located but there is a product available in the states called Florel that can be used to suppress the male hormone in herms. I think the chemical in that is Ethephon which breaks down into ethylene which is the “female” hormone in cannabis.
It actually works so well it can be used to flip a male plant into a female much like sts can cause a female to grow pollen sacks.
ojd is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 09:12 AM #4
JockBudman

JockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of light
Does florel totally reverse the sex at a genetic level then? Coz surely if all it does is suppress the male tendencies without changing it genetically, the plant would still pass on the hermie trait in any crosses?
And would you need to treat the plant every time you grow a cut?

Not sure I'd rely on something like that for making seeds.
JockBudman is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 09:31 AM #5
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

ojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant futureojd has a brilliant future
Im just talking about reversing my Male cuts to see what the Terps are
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockBudman View Post
Does florel totally reverse the sex at a genetic level then? Coz surely if all it does is suppress the male tendencies without changing it genetically, the plant would still pass on the hermie trait in any crosses?

ojd is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 09:32 AM #6
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

Im just talking about reversing my Male cuts to see what the Terps are, can be a great tool and save alot of time
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockBudman View Post

ojd is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:33 AM #7
clearheaded

clearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to allclearheaded is a name known to all
ya its an old trick to see what traits a male has as a fem. dont want to smake it tho! nasty stuff.

no not genetic just opposite of what silver spray does. in. theory could bburn kerosene and produce ethylene to make a male a female..

hard to see in pic looks like a "ball" has a pistile if ball has a stem its forsure herm.. sometimes weird shaped calyxs real early look like balls but end dup being 100% fem. i would suspect u woulda found nanners in ur flowers if its a true hermie tossing out nans as preflowers..
clearheaded is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:47 AM #8
JockBudman

JockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearheaded View Post
ya its an old trick to see what traits a male has as a fem. dont want to smake it tho! nasty stuff.
Hope the OP sees this then...
JockBudman is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 01:13 PM #9
Switcher56
Comfortably numb!

Switcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivorSwitcher56 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Icky View Post
True but... if I am not mistaken, both male and female reversals, the plant cannot be consumed. You can collect the pollen for future use but, a lot of "hermaphroditing" comes from genetically predisposed plants. So, using that, to impregnate plants is questionable at best, a coin toss with the odds against you.

A good approach to just about anything in life is to hope for the best,
but be prepared for the worst.

I don't want you to trust me. I want you to doubt me.
I want you to question me. I want you to look at the facts! ~ Snowden

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding.
The highest form of knowledge is Empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world" ~ Bill Bullard

“The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest
the crotch of the person who screws up your day and,
may their arms be too short to scratch...

Switcher56 is offline Quote

Old 08-05-2020, 03:25 PM #10
ojd
CONNOISSEUR GENETICS

I just mean reversing the Male so it produces female hairs/buds and if your familiar with the Genetics the Terps will tell which was its leaning, i don't mean to smoke.
ojd is offline Quote