What's new

lets see you plant pic just before harvest

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
id like to see how all your guys plants look like at harvest time just before chop

they green,dark green,yellow,purple,red

i prefer a nice long flush and wont harvest if its dark green
im coming on to 5 weeks flush with last few girls i got in the garden that just wont turn yellow
they were meant to come down 2 weeks ago like the rest of the others but i know they will taste that much beter so fuck it

first pic is how i take them down and 2nd pic is the girl who refuses to completely yellow out
that pic was 2-3 weeks ago and she is slowly yellowing now

peace

TacomaComa

ICMag Donor
Veteran
nothing like a proper flush :)
ogchem
picture.php

sourlope
picture.php

chemsour
picture.php

sfvsour
picture.php

R

RedOne

definitely prefer a decent flush too ojd brings out so much more in the end product,and hell you've come this far with them, may as well see it out to the decaying end!!

mine are always somewhere around this mark give or take..

G

gloryoskie

Hey Brother B, nice plants.

Do you reduce/modify the feed rate, or is your medium set with ferts from the get go?

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Already set at the beginning. Blood/bone/kelp/Gsand
Couldn't flush anyway, no holes in the bottoms of the buckets ;)

Pic to reference the buckets

picture.php

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Love me a nice flush. Organic soils.

Day 79 flower, Sour Garcia (Sour Diesel x Senor Garcia)

Day 93, harvest

Bangi Haze close to harvest at 12 weeks.

Old Timer's Haze at 20 weeks just before chop

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i flush, or let em use up as much nutes as they can before i chop em.
picture.php

this is the last time i harvest.
picture.php

the time before that. could have done with more time to use up the nutes but i needed the space.
picture.php

couple grows before that one. first time with a pure sativa too much nitrogen from the beginning.
picture.php

bout 3-4 years ago.
picture.php

20096resized010.jpg

20096resized003270808.jpg

20096resized004.jpg

i dunno if this is when i chopped this plant but this was so long ago im not sure i even took pictures of the chop.
20096weedNYE4.jpg

20096weedNYE2.jpg
i took the top and let the rest finish.
way back when i was a noob sometime in the 90's i wrote NYE weed on the picture. i think this may have been 12-31-1999

200961125459813_l.jpg

this is how this guy harvests. (not me)

didn't mean to crap up your thread but you did ask for pics...
i used to harvest when they lost all their green and were taking on fall colors, then i was watching the pistils to see when most turned, then after that i would harvest by the trichomes. these days i just "know" when the plant is ready for a chop. experience i guess? i still let em use up as much nutes as i can too, but thats not my one indicator anymore. it would seem you can force a plant to finish anyway whenever you want by just going through the motions. tapering off nutes till they are out of food then chop. requires more investigation but i think i may be on to something. i figure if too much nutes can cause plants to go long, surely less nutes can cause it to finish faster.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
i personally prefer them to be nice and green, not dark green but a healthy green, ive noticed that when i flush the bud starts to decay starting with the fan leaves then the bud leaves, ill post up pick in a month, lol

organically grown in indoor flower bed, reduced watering last two weeks before harvest.

GDP under LED (summer time)
picture.php

GDP under HPS (winter)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I like mine Flushed for a minimum 10 days... watering usually twice a day.. I like two weeks of extra extra water.. I find this way my smoke is smooth.. ash is white and my joints seem to smoke slower nicer than anything.

this is Chimeras Calizahr she was flushed for 2 weeks.:wave:
she was the only plant that turn colors this way.. temps where rather high! so this is a trade brought by the shishka berry I belive.