What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Captain Beefhart's Black Thai

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Got a pack of Captain Beefhart's Black Thai from Gypsy about 4 years ago... the time has come. They're in a combo of Pro-Mix, Perlite, Soil with a dash of Bone Meal, Blood Meal and Bat Guano tossed on top for fun :D

Black Thai #1 - 4 weeks flowering. 6' plus and height training for 2 weeks. Cuts have been taken.

Black Thai #2 - 2 weeks flowering. 5' plus and topped at node 7 in veg. Cuts have been taken.

Black Thai #3 - 1 week flowering. 5' plus and topped at node 3 in veg.

I'll be hitting my favorite pheno (they all are uniform so far) with a dose of Hindu Kush x Black Domina pollen for further testing ~ :biggrin:

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
zepD
Howzit brother..?? Man its good to see threads by you brother.. I cant wait to taste this flavor she seems powerful... lookin good up in the zepD's garden be back real soon peace..

sack

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Nice to see Acotaco, ArcticBlast, Sack checkin' in the house... buckle up gents, I gotta feeling we're in for a wild 12 week ride. At least I'm hoping 12 weeks will do. #1 is massive, she should have been topped in veg lol :D

They tower over my Double Sour Diesel x Sour Thai's...

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i dont have anything planned for 12 weeks :joint:

i cleared my schedule for you, lol

ArcticBlast

Synthettek

Hey Zep... plants look absolutely 100% healthy and perfect... you've got some nice looking ladies there!!
That cross you are going to make sounds absolutely killer... Black Domina is one of my personal Fav's I've kept a cut of for years... the HKxBD sounds like a killer cross as well.

Best of luck to you and your grow... will be following this one!!!

bigherb

Veteran
looks special

any more info on the strain? pure highland/lowland taste/aromas

interesting i think its the first ive heard of a black thai

im posted too see ur progress

best of luck

1luvbigherb

Goyakla

loookig awsome bro... got some too from the bay...im really noy a sativalover so i really want a smoke rep.. if u can... Ill be back:smokey:

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
ArcticBlast said:
i dont have anything planned for 12 weeks

Right on AB lol... the cross between the 2 should pop a couple of very tasty phenos. I'm thinking 70-77 days on the bloom cycle.

Synthettek said:
Hey Zep... plants look absolutely 100% healthy and perfect... you've got some nice looking ladies there!!
That cross you are going to make sounds absolutely killer... Black Domina is one of my personal Fav's

Thanks Sy, the genes are very good. I just about pinched what I thought were hermi balls in week 3, but they turned out to be some huge calexs. I've read information stating Black Domina is right near 20% THC content... it seems like it was 19.7% when tested by the law.

bigherb said:
any more info on the strain? pure highland/lowland taste/aromas. interesting i think its the first ive heard of a black thai

As I stated earlier, I got them from Gypsy in '06. The breeder is Captain Beefhart. Never met him or read any posts from him. I have searched for information regarding Black Thai with no success. If you have a good look at her, she appears to be Lowland. This is the first run I've had of it, they're from seed. The aroma, like most Thai, is very faint... I rubbed a leaf today and interestedly enough got a nose full of grape.

Goyakla said:
got some too from the bay... i really want a smoke rep

Far out, do you have any additional information regarding the gene line? Give me about 10 weeks on the toke report br0.

See you guys back here soon man, good health and safety to you ~ :ying:

moth

Looking Very Kind Zepp

I recall giving that very strain away a few yrs ago myself. Never got to see her done.
I Looking forward to this one for sure.

Blessings

Acotaco

Haha this will be a fun 12 weeks. Will keep me sane during some shitty classes haha. I'm baked on what is suposedly besiel ( big bud x desiel ) haha can't berly type

chizzleonetime

whatever happened to captain beefheart i remember him from og days?, lookin like some prime grade a sativa smoke! is the black thai thaitanic f2?

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
just had the last of the black kush and white rhino x black kush zepman.......superb smoke wish you would make more beans bud! these fellas paying $150+ for a pack of seeds are mssing out,yours will outdo them anyday

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
whatever happened to captain beefheart i remember him from og days? is the black thai thaitanic f2?

Good question Chizzle... do you happen to remember some of the strains he bred back in the day? I'm not sure if it's Thai Tanic but it doesn't grow like an F2... could be though.

buckeye-leaf said:
just had the last of the black kush and white rhino x black kush zepman.......superb smoke wish you would make more beans bud!

y0 Buck... right on my fine br0ther! I just milked a couple of sweet lookin' Black Kush F1 males last month and they're gonna dust these babies and hopefully off to the Bay with the prodigy along with a few surprises around May :D

Sleepy

Veteran
some info i found...same round as your Robert Plant for me!!

some info i found...same round as your Robert Plant for me!!

Hey br0ther Moth, do you remember any genetic information or anything about Captain Beefhart? :D

found some info from way back when...2006!
I am so pleased to hear about Zep.
and I also wish Annac will do the same.

Sleepy you have a wonderful selection,
A pity about 3 out of 4 Robert plant being male. Did you save the pollen?- Before I read that Zeps ok, I was going to say that its important that we save his strains and try make some seeds. (Although I have not yet had that oppotunity to do so, my 2 cuppocino's are female, but I will plant more.) I think his strains will be very scarce.

About those Thai Titanic- They get huge- and have a long long flowering period- get ready for at least a 14 week flower period. I crossed my Thais with Bogs lifesaver, have not grown any yet but that cross should be interesting.
and:

sorry...just a quick update of the black thai...two plants in these shots...they have taken a beating, and are starting to fill in...

enjoy! :sasmokin:

and...i was looking for an actual starin description and this is all i found:
Is Thai-tanic, Chocolate Thai x Skunk #1?

Captain Beefheart made seeds from thai-tanic...sent them in as freebies...supposedly female seeds...when i grew it, i popped 2 seeds, got 2 females...identical to each other.

i am sure you will be happy, Zep./...

sorry for the hijack, i can get rid of some of that if you like.

-peace.

ROJO145

Veteran
Hey br0ther Moth, do you remember any genetic information or anything about Captain Beefhart? :D

Rock It Zep!!They are in fact the flying dutchmen thai-tanic F2,be good to see what ya get!!
Sleepy's always on the ball!!
Found this.......
A very compact Sativa variety, classic chocolate Thai smell and taste. The Skunk father dominates only in fast maturation, high yields and general vigour. A heavy crystal producer that is extremely potent with a trippy cerebral high. Don't panic, this one will only take you up and up and up!

• Flowering: 65 - 75 days
  • Yield: 125 g

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
Wow Sleepy... for me, those are some heavy words between you and Ron. Thanks for that my br0ther, you guys are really good people man.

On the Black Thai, that works for me, makes sense too. This is similar to 1 of my phenos from some Thai Tanic that I ran a few years ago. It was the Juicy Fruit pheno. I still have a few beans from that pack in the fridge.

So far from this one, 3 germinated / 3 female. The oldest (4 weeks), smells of grape when I rub the leaves. It all adds up to Thai Tanic F2.

peAce, good health and safety to you br0 :ying:

Grabing a chair:)

I hope you brought the bong, it's gonna be a long ride Paulo :D ~

Sleepy's always on the ball!!

No doubt br0ther R E D... in the howwse!

Latest posts

Latest posts