What's new

Epsom salt for lockout

bigbag

Veteran
sounds like you may already be experiencing and/or trying to back-pedal....no ? your welcome

dsjohnston

My plants are about 45 days old, they were doing fine until I started getting some yellowing on a few of the leaves, and then they would turn brown and die. I looked at a lot of pictures on one of ICMags sites, it looks a lot like some of the nutrients may be locked out. I was wondering if anyone uses epsoms salt to help that. I did flush them with fresh pH water. Thank you for any help. dsjohnston

dsjohnston

The medium I am using is Happy Frog, coco coir, & perlite, the nutrients are G.H. flora gro, flora micro, flora bloom, & Cal Mag, I have been following the ratios but not the full amounts, I have at the last feeding added 3 drops of super thrive, & 2 drops of multiply. Thank you, dsjohnston

Rooibard

Sounds perfectly normal if its older leaves, plant figures the leaves it doesnt need by herself and uses them for energy...
Epsom salts works well to prevent mag def but cal-mag is better imo. Not sure about the lockout..

S

scai

Have you done same feeding program with earlier grows? And they went fine?
I mean, to me it sounds quite a lot of nutrients?

dsjohnston

No, this is my first grow, I just thought I knew how to grow, I farmed and ranched all my life. Growing marijuana is a whole new ball game for me. Thank you

dsjohnston

I was ,just guessing about lockout, I didn't know the plant got rid of leaves like you said, thank you for the help, at least I learned something new. Thank you, dsjohnston

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
without pictures or more information its hard to say, how many mls of each are you feeding ?

how regular are you feeding?

what size pots are they in?

have you ph, ec meters ?

what sort of environment are they in ?

dsjohnston

I am just getting this computer figured out, I don't have a clue how to put pictures up. I am feeding every four days, and following the ratios on GH bottles, only not giving the full amounts they call for.They are in 5 gallon pots, at night they are under t-5 light, and a cfl setup with 20 cfl bulbs. In the mornings I put them outside in the sun. I have been told I should buy a more powerful setup to flower, MH, HPS, or a LED setup. Do you have any suggestions, I was hoping to change the bulbs in what I have. Some say that will work fine, others say I will be sorry. Thank you, dsjohnston

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
how big are the plants? how many nodes do they have. how big were they when you transplanted them to the 5 gals ? how long ago did you do that

the t5s are fine for veg, i use a 200 watt cfl in veg and a 600 watt hps for flower.

epsom salts is a magnesium supplement.

dsjohnston

The plants have about 12 branches from bottom to top, some are about 15 inches tall and one is 21 inches tall, they have been in the 5 gallon pots for about 3 weeks now, they were doing great and then the yellowing started, that's when I panicked, I had been adding a couple of additives, the superthrive, Root Excellerator, and Multiply, I should have left them alone with the GH schedule. thank you for your help, dsjohnston

Latest posts

Latest posts