What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is wrong with my clone?

Former Guest

Hey, your question on dolomite, it depends on if you're going to reuse your soil. If you are, use oyster shell flour. Dolomite doesn't provide magnesium because it is unavailable for a long time which can cause problems. I use something different sorta so I couldn't really give you a good response but a 1:1 or 2:1 oyster\gypsum is probably the right answer.

So plants are making a recovery ????? looks like it and like most said YOU have spidermites good thing though is your plants are small ...
My suggestion for you is purchase Bug B gone
http://www.scotts.ca/smg/goprod/ecosense-bug-b-gon-insecticide/prod10420013?locale=en_CA

Forget about spraying plant you just never get them what i always do when i get clones from a unknown source or any source is treat them like they have pests
so Quarantined for min 2 weeks prior to entering other plants
this is how i do it with all clones , i will let them establish making sure transport didn't shbock them usually 4 - 5 days just water / feed and watch for new growth if all is good then i go to treating clones / plants normally i use 53 gallon drum but in your case Get a nice sized deep bowl make the Bug be gone solution according to instructions in your case 4 liter or 1 gallon mixture do the math with your college degree on figuring liquid to water i put some of it in a spray bottle , as well
once its in bowl i actually place my hand over the top of clone pot placing stem in between my fingers and carefully dunk plant moving it up and down for like 1 - 2 mins
then carefully stand it up spray top of soil and place clone in dark place with light air movement after 4 - 5 hrs i will place under lights just make sure clone is dry
repeat 4 days late save the bowl of liquid or just make new stuff
After second application i will then put into population

I find that spraying clones or plants you just never get them all plants look great but 4th - 5 th week them fuckers show up from my experience anyways
By dunking plant completely to the soil will guarantee 100 percent death of all
Here's the clone. The burnt tips are nute burn, right?

Attachments

• IMG01277-20150322-1047.jpg
    IMG01277-20150322-1047.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 9
Hey, your question on dolomite, it depends on if you're going to reuse your soil. If you are, use oyster shell flour. Dolomite doesn't provide magnesium because it is unavailable for a long time which can cause problems. I use something different sorta so I couldn't really give you a good response but a 1:1 or 2:1 oyster\gypsum is probably the right answer.
Thx for the info, ladyluckybean. I guess I will buy that oyster shell after all.

1madtrapper

ok if you dont know what leeched is then i am betting you have a build up of salts in that there plant.By leeched I mean take 3 times the amount of water the container of the plant will hold and slowly drench the container letting all the excess water rinse the salty build up out of the soil.That plant isnt real yellow so i would just use proper ph water and flush it out.If the plant was starving you could use a light mixture of nuits with the water. You can just grab a fish tank ph tester for a cpl bucks keep the ph between 6-7.Cheers

ok if you dont know what leeched is then i am betting you have a build up of salts in that there plant.By leeched I mean take 3 times the amount of water the container of the plant will hold and slowly drench the container letting all the excess water rinse the salty build up out of the soil.That plant isnt real yellow so i would just use proper ph water and flush it out.If the plant was starving you could use a light mixture of nuits with the water. You can just grab a fish tank ph tester for a cpl bucks keep the ph between 6-7.Cheers
I don't think I have salt buildup. I put 30% coco, 30%fox farm of, 30% perlite, 10% EWC. I've only given it water and aloe tea.

Snype

Veteran
What do you mean?

I mean what are you using for nutrients once they run out of food from the Ocean Forest and EWC? I've been using pure Ocean Forest since 1998 and there's only enough food in there for a few weeks max. You are adding it down with coco and perlite so you have less food. After 2-3 weeks there's no more food. What are you going to do?

I mean what are you using for nutrients once they run out of food from the Ocean Forest and EWC? I've been using pure Ocean Forest since 1998 and there's only enough food in there for a few weeks max. You are adding it down with coco and perlite so you have less food. After 2-3 weeks there's no more food. What are you going to do?
I see. Well, I plan on giving it some compost teas and enzymes. Some alfalfa/ kelp tea; barley, alfalfa sst, coconut water, aloe water.

Can I add some alfalfa, fish bone meal, fish meal, and kelp as top dressing, or will it burn the clones?

Snype

Veteran
I see. Well, I plan on giving it some compost teas and enzymes. Some alfalfa/ kelp tea; barley, alfalfa sst, coconut water, aloe water.

Can I add some alfalfa, fish bone meal, fish meal, and kelp as top dressing, or will it burn the clones?

Just trying to get you prepared so you don't come back when you plant run out of food and say "what's wrong with my plant". I'm not an organic guy so I can't speak for those products. You just have to supply all the nutrients that the plant needs.

As far as your cookies growing slow, the cookies I have grows mad slow in VEG. Mad slow. 🙀👀

Just trying to get you prepared so you don't come back when you plant run out of food and say "what's wrong with my plant". I'm not an organic guy so I can't speak for those products. You just have to supply all the nutrients that the plant needs.
Haha. Thx for the help. I'm afraid to add those nutrients because last year I burned two of my plants. I don't want a repeat of last year.
i think ill start off with half a tsp of each, since they are in .5 gallon pots.

Latest posts

Latest posts