What's new

What is wrong with my clone?

Former Guest

I only foliar so I don't have to worry about it and I have used it as ph up when I feed straight fish ferts which drastically lower it. The benefits are better when foliar sprayed.

Snype

Veteran
Should I still keep the bag over it?

Sorry for the late response. You may one day make the mistake of taking the bag off too early. There will be many times the plant will perk back up and you take the bag off and within hours the plants can wilt again. I like to take the bag off for short period of time over a 2-3 day period and see how the plant adjusts. No one can really tell you when to take it off because there could be stressed roots or very poor root development or low humidity in your room that requires the bag to be left on but aired out at least once a day. Only the plant will tell you when you can take the bag off for good.

As far as your Sider Mite problem, you are going to have to spray every 3 days for about 7 treatments. Your rooms should also be bleached daily and everything cleaned as well as your clothes. I'd use 100% Neem Oil with a spreader like Coco Wet. Shake it really well. I'd dunk smaller plants into a bucket so you get every surface. You want to eradicate them completely and don't take in clones from an outside source without quarantining them far away from other plant rooms if you choose to take clones. I also had to learn the hard way.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Re: AgSil. Few Potassium Silicate products are derived from BOTH "monosilicic acid" AND "potassium silicate". BTW, soluble "monosilicic acid" is also "plant available silica" (think Aptus Fasilitor), whereas "polysilicic acid" (derived from potassium silicate/AgSil) must go through a siliconization process that can take days/weeks.

Growmore's Silo-Tec 0-0-3 is derived from BOTH "monosilicic acid" AND "potassium silicate" and in 2012 I paid less than $28 for 2.5 gallons (about half full now). Dosage rates are 1ml/gallon rate for root feeding, 15ml/gallon for foliar.

Sorry for the late response. You may one day make the mistake of taking the bag off too early. There will be many times the plant will perk back up and you take the bag off and within hours the plants can wilt again. I like to take the bag off for short period of time over a 2-3 day period and see how the plant adjusts. No one can really tell you when to take it off because there could be stressed roots or very poor root development or low humidity in your room that requires the bag to be left on but aired out at least once a day. Only the plant will tell you when you can take the bag off for good.

As far as your Sider Mite problem, you are going to have to spray every 3 days for about 7 treatments. Your rooms should also be bleached daily and everything cleaned as well as your clothes. I'd use 100% Neem Oil with a spreader like Coco Wet. Shake it really well. I'd dunk smaller plants into a bucket so you get every surface. You want to eradicate them completely and don't take in clones from an outside source without quarantining them far away from other plant rooms if you choose to take clones. I also had to learn the hard way.
Thx for the info. The thing about my grow room is that it's a basement. It would be hard to bleach the whole room because I have boxes down there. I've been using an organic pesticide by safer, and neem oil. It seems to be working.

I need some suggestions... If I have dolomite lime, do I need to buy oyster shell as well, to put in my soil? Also, should I buy fish meal or a 50/50 mix of neem and karanja? Which is better?

Cartel530

Veteran
When Transplanting from the cloning media to there PreVeg homes I use those small square 3"x3" or 4"x4" plastic pots and can fit 10 perfectly in a standard Tray & Dome (with the 7" lid)

I dont always have the luxuries to be able to check on my clones and watch them until they begin to wilt and put the dome back on.. the hardening off process can be time consuming and with certain strains a straight pain in the ass. Soon as roots pop transplant and put them back in. Few more days the roots have established enough into the coco that the plant can consume enough water through her roots to sustain her life.

WELL capt.. if you have boxes then it looks like you will never get rid of your mite problem. You can try and spray the plant all you want, but until you Pull the room and clean it your just wasting your money and needlessly applying pesticides to your plants. Improper pest control techniques such as that is what has put in an age where harsh chemicals are needed due to Terrible IPM practices. That approach is what leads us to spidermites that have a resistance. Shit 10 years ago Neem oil or azatrol mangled the mites.. Now i have seen avid and floramite resistant Mites.. My buddy who is lazy as fuck and has that same mindset.. instead of pulling everything out and doing it right he just sprays strong systemics and doesnt use them how you are supposed to and now he cant get rid of them. They always pop up at about week 5 just in time to web up shit all over his buds. Haul those boxes out and do it the right way brotha or you will be fighting a never ending battle.

When Transplanting from the cloning media to there PreVeg homes I use those small square 3"x3" or 4"x4" plastic pots and can fit 10 perfectly in a standard Tray & Dome (with the 7" lid)

I dont always have the luxuries to be able to check on my clones and watch them until they begin to wilt and put the dome back on.. the hardening off process can be time consuming and with certain strains a straight pain in the ass. Soon as roots pop transplant and put them back in. Few more days the roots have established enough into the coco that the plant can consume enough water through her roots to sustain her life.

WELL capt.. if you have boxes then it looks like you will never get rid of your mite problem. You can try and spray the plant all you want, but until you Pull the room and clean it your just wasting your money and needlessly applying pesticides to your plants. Improper pest control techniques such as that is what has put in an age where harsh chemicals are needed due to Terrible IPM practices. That approach is what leads us to spidermites that have a resistance. Shit 10 years ago Neem oil or azatrol mangled the mites.. Now i have seen avid and floramite resistant Mites.. My buddy who is lazy as fuck and has that same mindset.. instead of pulling everything out and doing it right he just sprays strong systemics and doesnt use them how you are supposed to and now he cant get rid of them. They always pop up at about week 5 just in time to web up shit all over his buds. Haul those boxes out and do it the right way brotha or you will be fighting a never ending battle.
I'm an outdoor grower. I only have the plants in my basement because here in southern cali, we still don't have 14 hours of sunlight. I have no where else to put those boxes so I'm screwed.

Snype

Veteran
I'm an outdoor grower. I only have the plants in my basement because here in southern cali, we still don't have 14 hours of sunlight. I have no where else to put those boxes so I'm screwed.

There should be storage units all over the place. Cartel530 is very correct with what he is telling you. Spider Mites are no joke and need to be taken very seriously. You need to spray every 3 days because the new eggs are going to hatch. You want to get the mites before they can breed. It's very difficult. I've seen amazing growers shut down their entire grow and give up after battling the Spider Mites for years without getting rid of them. They can hide out in your room for a while.

There should be storage units all over the place. Cartel530 is very correct with what he is telling you. Spider Mites are no joke and need to be taken very seriously. You need to spray every 3 days because the new eggs are going to hatch. You want to get the mites before they can breed. It's very difficult. I'm seen amazing growers shut down their entire grow and give up after battling the Spider Mites.
I understand that spider mites are no joke, but right now I don't have the money to pay for storage. I graduated from college and have been unemployed for months. A college degree is useless nowadays.

Snype

Veteran
I understand that spider mites are no joke, but right now I don't have the money to pay for storage. I graduated from college and have been unemployed for months. A college degree is useless nowadays.

Sorry to hear. Try telling that to all the other college kids and their parents. No one gets it. With all the money kids pay for college, they could have started a nice business but instead they will be broke. Welcome to the new world of the corporate takeover. All that will be left is the scraps.

Sorry to hear. Try telling that to all the other college kids and their parents. No one gets it. With all the money kids pay for college, they could have started a nice business but instead they will be broke. Welcome to the new world of the corporate takeover. All that will be left is the scraps.
Seriously. Luckily, I paid off all my college debt. Now I'm trying to become an electrician. Had I known about apprenticeships, I never would've gone to college.

DrFever

Veteran
So plants are making a recovery ????? looks like it and like most said YOU have spidermites good thing though is your plants are small ...
My suggestion for you is purchase Bug B gone
http://www.scotts.ca/smg/goprod/ecosense-bug-b-gon-insecticide/prod10420013?locale=en_CA

Forget about spraying plant you just never get them what i always do when i get clones from a unknown source or any source is treat them like they have pests
so Quarantined for min 2 weeks prior to entering other plants
this is how i do it with all clones , i will let them establish making sure transport didn't shbock them usually 4 - 5 days just water / feed and watch for new growth if all is good then i go to treating clones / plants normally i use 53 gallon drum but in your case Get a nice sized deep bowl make the Bug be gone solution according to instructions in your case 4 liter or 1 gallon mixture do the math with your college degree on figuring liquid to water i put some of it in a spray bottle , as well
once its in bowl i actually place my hand over the top of clone pot placing stem in between my fingers and carefully dunk plant moving it up and down for like 1 - 2 mins
then carefully stand it up spray top of soil and place clone in dark place with light air movement after 4 - 5 hrs i will place under lights just make sure clone is dry
repeat 4 days late save the bowl of liquid or just make new stuff
After second application i will then put into population

I find that spraying clones or plants you just never get them all plants look great but 4th - 5 th week them fuckers show up from my experience anyways
By dunking plant completely to the soil will guarantee 100 percent death of all

Cartel530

Veteran
:moon::tiphat:

if you are are an outdoor grower then....................

simply put the boxes outside for a few hours..

No one is telling you to GET RID OF THE BOXES.
Simply move the things and clean the room. a light spray to the boxes wont hurt them while they are outside either
:comfort::dance013:

So plants are making a recovery ????? looks like it and like most said YOU have spidermites good thing though is your plants are small ...
My suggestion for you is purchase Bug B gone
http://www.scotts.ca/smg/goprod/ecosense-bug-b-gon-insecticide/prod10420013?locale=en_CA

Forget about spraying plant you just never get them what i always do when i get clones from a unknown source or any source is treat them like they have pests
so Quarantined for min 2 weeks prior to entering other plants
this is how i do it with all clones , i will let them establish making sure transport didn't shbock them usually 4 - 5 days just water / feed and watch for new growth if all is good then i go to treating clones / plants normally i use 53 gallon drum but in your case Get a nice sized deep bowl make the Bug be gone solution according to instructions in your case 4 liter or 1 gallon mixture do the math with your college degree on figuring liquid to water i put some of it in a spray bottle , as well
once its in bowl i actually place my hand over the top of clone pot placing stem in between my fingers and carefully dunk plant moving it up and down for like 1 - 2 mins
then carefully stand it up spray top of soil and place clone in dark place with light air movement after 4 - 5 hrs i will place under lights just make sure clone is dry
repeat 4 days late save the bowl of liquid or just make new stuff
After second application i will then put into population

I find that spraying clones or plants you just never get them all plants look great but 4th - 5 th week them fuckers show up from my experience anyways
By dunking plant completely to the soil will guarantee 100 percent death of all
I'll try this out. I'll post a picture of it later, when the lights turn on. I've been spraying them with this and it's been doing a good job. http://www.amazon.com/Safer-Brand-5...id=1426988921&sr=8-1&keywords=safer+pesticide