What's new

Broad mites

Top_shelf_farms

So I trusted someones clone gift with the promise it was clean and now I have broad mites.... I've already made the decision to just cut and burn a whole flower and mother room to make sure I get them. My question is how do i completely disinfect my room? Does bleach kill them?

dbkick

So I trusted someones clone gift with the promise it was clean and now I have broad mites.... I've already made the decision to just cut and burn a whole flower and mother room to make sure I get them. My question is how do i completely disinfect my room? Does bleach kill them?

Flying skull nukem claims sure kill on broad mites, a bottle of that and dedicated airless paint sprayer or atomist goes a long way.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you actually ID or is this an assumption based on symptoms?

MileHighGlass

Many routes to go.

As far as the room goes a good cleaning with orange oil will kill anything it touches. If you go 2 oz. per quart of spray nothing will live.

Then you can do multiple heat treatments to the room. I believe you have to raise it to 115f for an hour or two. You can google that as I can't remember right now.

The best thing to do though. Wait 2-3 months without growing in that space. Usually not an option.

As much as I would want to save my soil, I would throw it out. When you replant, load the room with swirski mites and you should be good.

Top_shelf_farms

We are in 30 days flower so I can't spray anything. The only thing I can think of is predator mites to pull this harvest... Although this would be my biggest failure and only bug problem in 20 years ,it coud be worse if they spread. my main concern is them getting to my outdoor plants this summer. Are they in my dirt? How do I deal with dirt disposal?

MileHighGlass

We are in 30 days flower so I can't spray anything. The only thing I can think of is predator mites to pull this harvest... Although this would be my biggest failure and only bug problem in 20 years ,it coud be worse if they spread. my main concern is them getting to my outdoor plants this summer. Are they in my dirt? How do I deal with dirt disposal?

I wasn't aware you were in flower.

I would still spray everything in the room with orange oil. Do not get it on your plants. It will kill them super fast. If you get the swirskis that should help on the leaf. For the soil I would get rove Beatles, nematodes, and hypoaspis miles.

A lot of people have has good luck getting rid of them with time release swirski's.

A lot of people have has good luck getting rid of them with time release swirski's.

Where does one get these swirski mites in Colorado? Do you think this is a broad mite?

Attachments

• IMG_6413.jpg
    IMG_6413.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6414.jpg
    IMG_6414.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 8

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No, that looks more like a predator. Populations can arise naturally.

BM females (the larger of the sexes) are 0.2mm, males 0.1. Tarsonemus literally means threadfoot, two appendages that look to be whispy legs glued on the ass end. Google it, it's quite different.

Use edu resources for times and tips on heat treatment. High Rh, well hydrated plants, low to zero circulation, etc.

Digi scope? What brand? Does it Oom zoom more?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Can we see the plant day 30 with bm is pretty much not worth saving.... If they look like trash trashem now n hope u save time

T

Timm

Can we see the plant day 30 with bm is pretty much not worth saving.... If they look like trash trashem now n hope u save time

not true i have stilled pulled close to a gram a watt with bm's

they do most of their damage in the first 3 weeks after that buds will grow normally but of course quality is compromised

that is a broad or cyclamen mite in the pic. 100%

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A product called pylon killed the bm. Followed it up with another product aimed at mites and eggs called judo a week later. I had some extremely roughed up plants and almost tossed them all. Now the plants look great after about 2 weeks of treating with a simple spray on. Best part is it didnt harm the plants or the leafs.

FoothillFarming

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is a good chance they are already in your outdoor garden......... BM's are not as bad as russets at least. Good luck.

Tiffany2180

ok so I have come across broad mites I'm in two and a half weeks of bloom and looking for options. I know most would toss the room, but is that really necessary? I saw in a post that hot shot no pest strips were good to use during the night cycle has anyone tried this method? Or does it only work in the cloner domes because its enclosed.