What's new

Super Sun 6 Inch reflector question r they any good?

baddagger

hey was wondering does anybody know if this is a good brand? I found a good deal on ebay they were $110 each but the guy said he would do it for $100 each cause I need 4..But then I found out he is about 30 min drive for me and said he would do it even cheaper cause it would save him the ebay and paypal fees and shipping cost. So if they are decent I think I will grab them tomorrow.. I think about offering $75 a each unit sense I would be driving up .. Does that sound fair?

here is the link to what im looking at grabbing tomorrow http://www.ebay.com/itm/251213803500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 (if im not suppost to put up links just let me know and I will take this out)

Desert Hydro

Veteran
thats all i run bro. tried and true. check picos threads here where he tests a bunch of reflectors and his results show super sun 2 does better than most. even the super wide hoods. its all about proper height placement. if you think about how the giant hoods work its kinda funny. the farther light travels the more you lose exponentially. those hoods the light needs to go way to the sides before even being directed downward.

like i said if you look up picos thread he uses light meter and all. thats why i bought 3 at the same time. sounds like a great deal to me.

if you run co2 in a sealed room just tape around the seals and youre golden.

baddagger

thats all i run bro. tried and true. check picos threads here where he tests a bunch of reflectors and his results show super sun 2 does better than most. even the super wide hoods. its all about proper height placement. if you think about how the giant hoods work its kinda funny. the farther light travels the more you lose exponentially. those hoods the light needs to go way to the sides before even being directed downward.

like i said if you look up picos thread he uses light meter and all. thats why i bought 3 at the same time. sounds like a great deal to me.

if you run co2 in a sealed room just tape around the seals and youre golden.

kool thanks for the input dude. I just wanted to make sure it was a good quality reflector that has a high reflect % not one of those cheap reflectors that are in the low 80% range. Don't want to be losing light that im paying for to be just wasted due to a low reflect %

G

Gunnlæif

i run 3 of them with 600's over a 4 x 8 area and i can't say enough about the performance! no glass in mine is the way i like them.

baddagger

well I just picked them up today.. ended up spending $320 for all 4 of them. And they were all sealed and in each box there was free sample of Botanicare CNS17 Ripe..looked like a 8 OZ bottle so 32oz free cant complain.

Now all I need is to find two more digital ballast. 1000 watt each.. Would anybody know of any good deals for a good brand?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i just picked up one off ebay and its good so far but i only just got it. i paid 104 shipped for a 600 dimmable. its called revolt. has a 3 year warranty.

i have always and will always buy lumatek, i just needed a quick cheap one to run at 300w for a couple weeks so i tried out the cheap one.

baddagger

i just picked up one off ebay and its good so far but i only just got it. i paid 104 shipped for a 600 dimmable. its called revolt. has a 3 year warranty.

i have always and will always buy lumatek, i just needed a quick cheap one to run at 300w for a couple weeks so i tried out the cheap one.

well right now I can pick up two lumatek 1000 watt ballast for a $200 ($100 each unit). But the prob is there used and have no cord. Its from the guy who I just bought the hoods from.

What do u guys think do u think its worth it to buy them used for 100 each? im just more afraid that of how long they will last. they looked in good shape the guys said that they weren't used much. So im just not sure if it is worth the risk to buy used.

$100 for a used Lumatek 1000 is a steal. Check the manufacture date - if they are fairly new your risk is zero since they might still be under warranty.