What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Win A Homebox

Status
Not open for further replies.

marimbas

we are stoners, not stupids... this is lame...

He won with an already used slogan, YAAAHOOO!!! congratulation!!!

**I understand now, that you guys wont change your desition and thats undestandable under the point of view that theres something hidden, i just find this sad...

Its not that i really want a homebox, because i wont buy one after this situation, no way, this is a terrible way to advertice your product...

Its nothing personal Mojave all the oposite, this is unfair from any point of view, and talking for all the contenders, we expended time (some more than others) we expended creativity (some more than others), and its not a sore loser situation, its an unjust situation that we are seeing here....

This seems to me like an absolute corrupt contest... its not acceptable at all...

Oh and it was fun!!! I had lots of fun reading all the entrys and thinking of as many as i could, but its not fun to feel screwed... at least i dont like it!!! :dueling:

Last edited:

cooked cook

bake at 420 until nicely toasted
marimbas said:
we are stoners, not stupids... this is lame...

He won with an already used slogan, YAAAHOOO!!! congratulation!!!

**I understand now, that you guys wont change your desition and thats undestandable under the point of view that theres something hidden, i just find this sad...

Its not that i really want a homebox, because i wont buy one after this situation, no way, this is a terrible way to advertice your product...

Its nothing personal Mojave all the oposite, this is unfair from any point of view, and talking for all the contenders, we expended time (some more than others) we expended creativity (some more than others), and its not a sore loser situation, its an unjust situation that we are seeing here....

This seems to me like an absolute corrupt contest... its not acceptable at all...

Dude.... Let's all keep in mind that the company was GIVING something away for FREE. Nobody had to purchase tickets, so nobody is out any investment in this. It was just a nice giveaway, not the California State Lottery, The World Series of Poker, or in any way a life or death matter. :rolleyes:
Everybody should give Mojave not only a break, but a big round of applause for not only offering this in the first place(which he was in no way obligated to do) but for putting up with all the crap associated with this contest. Congrats Omega! I hope you enjoy your new box and get some seriously good years of use outa that bad boy :canabis:
Rock on, Mojave Dave. I appreciate the opportunity to throw in my coupla entries and I'm in no way mad about the results.
I'd like to appologize to the folks that set this contest up for the hard time it's become.
To the folks that are all riled up. Set down the Starbucks and sativa for a few and trade up for some indica and a decaf.
Much love, my IC family.
cc

:smoweed:

marimbas

its not a mather of money, its a mather of dignity... wich everyone that got into this contest should be aware of...

and as it is money isnt the must important thing in this life, there are others things and those are the ones that people always step on...

Im sorry if i am bothering anyone about this but honestly, as a contender we have rights...

mpro

It's all fun and contests, until someone loses a picture.

I have a feeling this thread should be locked sooner than later.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Yeah I've a feeling it's about to be locked.
I didnt like the covert attack on my intelligence that was made because I pointed out that the claims you made about chucky's post were untrue. But that's alright is it Dave? Because you didnt like the word accuse. Really nice publicity for your product you've gotten here, Eastside must be made up they hired you.
Omega7, I hope you can see that any complaints here are due to a very poorly run competition, where no one connected to the company seems to know anything about the advertising that that company are using. I am not making any accsations against you, and it seems that you were just lucky enough to guess the current slogan being used, I do hope that you enjoy your prize, and in no way feel that your win has been tainted my the competition that you won it in.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....yeah.....without getting into the argument.....we have a winner.......

.....I cant see this thread developing any more on a positive vein.........so it's best to close it....

Mojave Dave

Sadly...

Sadly...

The thread that the HOMEBOX contest was in has been locked and i need to post this. Please move it to a batter forum area if possible!

To those who entered the slogan contest to win the HOMEBOX grow tent:

Apparently no matter what I say or how much I try and explain that there was no ulterior motive, no dark agenda with this simple contest, it just refuses to squelch itself. It has become obvious that some members feel differently, and will simply not allow the winner to enjoy his prize the way Eastside-Impex intended.
You are certainly intitled to your opnions.

I will say this one more time and that will be the end of it as far as I am concerned. Omega7 simply had a nice sounding slogan as an entry. It happened to be about in the middle of the final list of fnalists I sent to Eastside-Impex for deliberation. They thought the winning slogan sounded great as well and rightly instructed me to inform the winner of his luck. That is precisely what occured. Nothing more, nothing less. I have already explained this and I assure you I will not explain myself again. I have a life outside of the Internet as well, and this has become far too time-consuimng for me with all the e-mails and PM's I am recieving.

I can also assure you that I have been informed that due to this sad, ongoing controversy where there should have been only happy congratulations from the winners' forum mates, Eastside-Impex is no longer interested in offering contests...so there will be no more quality prizes from them.

I wish to thank each and every one of you for participating. And I would like to thank our wonderful host once again, Gypsy Nirvana for allowing us to run this fun contest.

I wish you all, the very best!

Mojave Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts