What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terpenes for edibles

Limonene burps are definitely a thing and they're pretty delightful.

If you're still having trouble feeling anything try a limonene pill (sold for heartburn in most vitamin stores) 1 hour before your dose. Then when you put the 1g of rosin in your mouth add a dropper of clove oil and a dropper of lemon balm oil.

Tried it yesterday with a weaker coconut oil made from rosin chips and flowers and I ended up with more profound effects than ever. Felt it at around the hour mark and then at 3 hours blood pressure plummeted and my eyes were too heavy to fully open. Fought it for ~ 3 hours and then woke up this morning from the most peaceful sleep and was able to eat the biggest breakfast I've been able to in years (chronic nausea here).

ozzieAI

Veteran
okay so i got my myrcene and i have to say...WOW...

and i am not eating it, nor am i vaping it and definitely not smoking it...

i have it in my essential oil diffuser!!!!!

put a few drops of pine oil and myrcene let it heat for a few seconds and took a small sniff...and the stone from the caps i took 8 hours ago started up again...

ringo...try this and see if it works for you...

man the smell is wafting through the house...this is great...no better than great...

btw an electric heat diffuser not ultrasonic...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
The wife has a diffuser. I'll give it a try.

I'm not too concerned about eating too many terps as much as smoking or vaping them. Especially, the more I read about them, the more reluctant I am to use them in any kind of regular basis.

Didn't get anything from the double dose caps. Those were about 0.3ml of terps per gram of rosin.

I can double that again and still be within a safe parameter, yes?

I'll make another batch today and try one more time.

I about to say, fuck this. LMAO Last night, I drank 6 beers and a couple shots, got a great buzz, slept well and I'm feeling pretty chipper today as I head off to the gym.

Gotta wonder why I don't just use alcohol. LMAO At least we know all the evils... liver, etc. No new evils to discover like PG and terps and all that crap. High temp, low temp... fuck it, ice cold... that's how I like it. In a frosted mug. LMAO Slam a few shots and..... like magic, all the pain goes away. LMAO

And, it's unlikely I'll spend my life in prison over using it like I could pot in my state. And I can brew my own at home just like I grow my own..... Hmmmmm? I'm talking myself into it. LMAO

And, just to make sure it's not shit weed or bad decab tactics, I gave a cap to my friend. I told him to take a tiny taste off the end of the cap and not to take the entire cap. He said he took about a 1/4 of it and was stoned beyond functioning for 2 days. And, that was the stuff before I added the terps. LMAO So, the shit works. It's simply my tolerance issue. I was hoping the terps might make a difference. :(

Ringodoggie

Premium user
It's OK bud. I've been a screaming alcoholic for over half a century. My life is already destroyed and, at my age, I'll be dead soon anyway. LMAO

Great advice for a youngster, though. LMAO

Actually, my best advice for youngsters who drink is DRINK WATER BETWEEN EACH ALCOHOLIC DRINK.

I gotta say, after a half century of HEAVY drinking, the absolute worse long term effect was the dehydration caused by alcohol. All my joints are fucked up and every tendon and ligament is so dry I keep snapping and tearing them.

Other than the problems I have from 50 years of dehydration, I am in pretty good fucking shape for my age. At 60+ I was still going out to California to go rock and mountain climbing. Albeit, age is starting to take more away each day so I have not been to Cali in a couple years. Hoping to move there real soon.

Holy cow this is working better than I ever could've expected. I keep cutting back the oil dose and ending up with the same effects. So far I've gone from 1.5g to .5g with the same intensity. Not using anything fancy either, just clove oil, lemon balm oil and limonene.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am making some brownies tonight from some butter I made from rosin chips. The problem with this kind of thing is that you have no idea how strong it will be.

I made some brownies from this butter a while back and.... nothing. So, I doubled the amount of butter in the recipe AND I ADDED 3 drops each of Limonene, Myrcene and B Caryophyllene. So, 9 drops total in 2 brownies. These are just drops from a plastic eye dropper so they are pretty big drops. I guess I could have used my new pipette but since I have no idea how strong the butter is, there's no sense controlling the terps.

Funny, when I licked the spoon, there was an OVERWHELMING taste from one of the terps. Not sure which. Not limonene.

Anyway, they have to cook in the over at 325F for 25 minutes so I wonder how much of the terps will be lost. I'll bet I know as soon as I taste them. Theses fucking terps sure taste strong. LOL

I will probably try them tonight after dinner. I'll let you know if I trip and see dragonflies chasing me.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I bet you tasted the Caryophyllene. It is quite unique. Some terps will definitely be lost when cooking. You do not have to consume terps at the exact same time as thc. You could mix terps in yogurt or something liquid to wash to down your brownie.

This is actually quite interesting to discuss the efficacy of consuming terps via skin, vapor inhalation and ingesting. We have an endocannabinoid system for a reason, so our bodies must be efficient at processing them in healthy ways. Hmmm....

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
okay so i got my myrcene and i have to say...WOW...

and i am not eating it, nor am i vaping it and definitely not smoking it...

i have it in my essential oil diffuser!!!!!

put a few drops of pine oil and myrcene let it heat for a few seconds and took a small sniff...and the stone from the caps i took 8 hours ago started up again...

ringo...try this and see if it works for you...

man the smell is wafting through the house...this is great...no better than great...

btw an electric heat diffuser not ultrasonic...

I was reading and found this interesting:

https://www.yourbestdigs.com/reviews/best-essential-oil-diffuser/

troutman

Seed Whore
You can get limonene from oranges or lemon via distillation. :tiphat:

I'll have to try that sometime seeing I have all the laboratory glassware,etc. to do so.

I'll wait until the end of Summer when fresh oranges or lemons arrive.

I know I can buy limonene. But being a Mad Scientist is fun too. :biggrin:

greencheml.jpg

brown_thumb

Regarding terpenes evaporating during cooking: Couldn't one use a no-cook recipe, or just add a drop of the terpenes to already cooked brownies or cookies?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I believe YES is the answer to both of those questions. Also, someone a few posts up mentioned simply breathing the vapors after doing edibles increased the effect.

So, it would appear that taking them separately is fine.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Wow 420 week almost killed me. LMAO

Well, I got around to something new tonight.

I was vaping in my new E-Nano log vape (wow, do I love this thing) and I figured I would vape some terps.

I started to use my cool new pipette but I quickly realized the 10ul minimum on my pipette was way too much for a vape hit.

So, I pulled out the 1ul capillary tubes (just to make sure I was controlled) and used that to distribute.

First, I tried 1ul of Mrycene on a tiny piece of bud. Wow, unfuckingbelievable. Even that tiny bit instantly overwhelmed the taste. This pot is Cinderella99 and has a fairly potent smell and taste. The Mrycene totally overwhelmed it.

I got about 4 or 5 hits out of that piece of bud and the taste stayed strong all the way through (although the first hit was way stronger than the remaining hits. And, the terp was put on the bud and then the bud placed pointing away from the heater so it would be the last to get hit with heat.

Can't say I noticed a difference other than taste. I tried to imagine that it was making me high but I have had a rule about pot for 50 years.....

If you have to ask yourself if you're high... YOU'RE NOT. Go get your money back.

LMAO Still as true today as it was then. LOL

Then, I tried another ul of Limonene. Again, just that tiny amount was overwhelming in taste.

Pretty neat. I am going to make a blend to copy a skunk strain and see if I can get my pot to taste like skunk. LOL I love the taste of skunk strains. Very 'musky' and 'earthy' tasting. None of that lemon or throat-burning citrus flavor.

Anyway, how many ul of terps is too many to vape in one night?

Gotta say, I am loving all these new vapes. I went through an entire ounce of flowers in 2 days. LOL

Limonene is one of the most important parts of making edibles work predictably for me. Took same .5g dose yesterday with my clove and lemon balm but forgot the limonene. 2 hours later and nothing. Took the limonene at 2 hr mark and in 2 more hours everything was how I expected it to be.

Its going to be a couple weeks before i'll have time to distill my own terps so in the meantime i've just been using tinctures of plants that have contain the terps I desire and it's been working EXTREMELY well. As noted above my mix is clove, lemon balm and limonene. Today I added hops, ceylon cinnamon and myrrh. Its only been an hour but I can already tell the new additions have intensified this a bit.

I'm used to taking dabs on top of edibles but the effectiveness of the edibles now is to a point where dabbing on top is just stupid. I do not have a low tolerance by any means, the terps just get to me somehow.

Edibles seem to dehydrate me much quicker now though and it also seems to be depleting magnesium quicker than before. Be sure to adjust for both of these.

Edit
It's the next morning after adding the extra oils to a .5g dose and I'm at the same level I was yesterday. Major thanks to WaterFarmFam for the life changing results.

Last edited:

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I had an interesting experience last night..... I got high. I think. In fact, I'm pretty sure. I was in the kitchen and I found myself giggling at something. Now, that might not seem earth shattering to you but, I probably have not laughed in ten years so, for me, it was pretty odd.

All I did was eat one of the brownies I made last week. I made 2 brownies in this batch and I added the terpenes. When I ate the first one, I got nothing so I assumed the second one would be equally as strong. I put off eating it because I knew (from the last one) that one was not enough to get me off.

Still, I wanted it gone before it got stale. These brownies were made with butter made from rosin chips and it was real dirty and doesn't taste great at all. So, to make it go down a little easier, I put it in the Vitamix with a cup of skim milk. Whole milk would have probably been better but I don't keep whole in the house. Only my "cow water" as I call it. LOL

Anyway. it was a couple hours after drinking/eating it that I found myself giggling. And, at that point, I could tell I was a little buzzed.

So, I am trying to figure why this one worked and the other one didn't. Both had terps. Maybe they didn't mix evenly?

Then, it dawned on me.... this new vape. It's a log vape and it gives awesome bong hits and I am a big bong hitter so I have been in heaven just bonging away on this vape.

I vape pretty hot but I am guessing that I am probably getting way more terps vaping than I am smoking joints so......

Could it be the added terps I am getting from vaping enhanced the edible event?

And, ditto on the kudos to WFF for turning me on to and teaching me about terps. :)

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Hey!! Where's WFF? I hope he didn't OD on terps and turn into a mango. ;)

Hehe Sometimes I turn into a duck billed platypus, but that is about it... I recently did some new terp orders, and these are the results:

Extract Consultants - 2 Fucking Day Delivery! I ordered in the middle of the night on Monday (Tuesday morning) and order was received by Thursday afternoon. Truly amazing customer service. I had a few questions and emailed EC. The owner replied quite quickly with indepth answers. Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

Holy Terp - 4 Day Delivery. I really like the HT Pure flavors as a compliment to the terpenes. Terpene isolates provide the effect and HT provides a non-chemical taste. These guys are always solid.

True Terpenes - 13 Day Delivery. I do not know if these guys are a victim of their own success or what. My previous orders were received in a less than a week. With EC killing it, it is hard to recommend these guys over them.

I have not ordered yet, but I just found this company that looks legit. They have a few terpenes, like Sabinene and alpha-Terpinene, that others don't. So, I will likely be giving these guys a shot soon:

https://abstraxtech.com/collections/terpene-isolates

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
Been doing research on sleep formulations and it seems some big companies are using non-cannabis specific essential oils to create some blends. These are a few that seem to keep popping up:

Chamomile Roman Essential Oil
Valerian Root Essential Oil
Lavender Population Essential Oil
Clary Sage Organic Essential Oil

I really like using the terpene isolates because you know exactly what is in there, but with EO, these are full spectrum plant extracts that could have other compounds. Any thoughts on using the above for both edibles and vaping?

brown_thumb

^^^ Those are all taken for various health benefits, not only the essential oils but the whole plant (the useful bits). In addition to other benefits, those help with anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia, etc. Sound familiar?

Latest posts

Latest posts