What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ICMAG taking too long to load?

THC123

Veteran
I am using the latest version of firefox and i also keep having problems often it doesn't load or load very very very slow , as if i am uploading

V1AAA

i been having problems for 3 days now

firefox, without the latest update

its wierd, 1 minute its cool, then slows down, or shuts down, then back to normal

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
the problem is sporadic but we are working on it
like KG said bit of patience

OP

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
the problem is sporadic but we are working on it
like KG said bit of patience

OP
Yea its sporadic..if i start timing out ..i jus hit X and open a new IE but its only at certain times..and when i submit reply..i usually have 2 press it 2x

Baddog40

since I made some changes I've had no issues
I'm using (as I aways do) firefox, I don't like IE (never have) but I'll check with IE as well to see if theres any difference
in the sites performance, but I think the main issue was google and Microsoft bots
I've restricted the access so they don't cause so big a load on the server

I seriously doubt googlebot or msn is causing the issues as they are programmed to hit sites 'nicely', it doesnt appear to be a network issue either as trace routes and pings are normal. My guess is either another bot is slamming the site or its a database issue.

G

Guest 18340

As of 9:30 pm est the problem persists.
I know you guys are working hard on a solution, just keeping you informed is all:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm out in Asia and not getting a problem here.......seems to be those on another continent with the slow load probs....

.....will be looking into it over the next few hours......

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
cool because i was getting messages from my comp saying that i was trying to open a program to look at a thread when i never did try open any software.

fred b

cool because i was getting messages from my comp saying that i was trying to open a program to look at a thread when i never did try open any software.

that happens if the server cannot interpret the .php files for example and thus offers it to you as plain source code. your browser doesn't know what it is, and show a download dialog

greets
fred b

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i thought it was just me.... lol... dialup hahahaha it's been fun!

Dial up Lola! Man it has been a while since I have used that, but i was stuck with it in the country for some years after its era had passed.

Lola's internet is so slow, by the time she reads the first post in a new grow journal from seed, the plants have already finished, cured, and been smoked!!!