What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the Hand Watering coco thread

Ziggy420

Bonecarver: Yeah I had it water logged. The last two weeks of backing off the water allowed some healthy root growth which resulted in healthy vegitation springing up. The pot is full of roots and the LST/(accidental)FIM resulted in three almost pencil size main branches at 6-7 inches with an over all hight of 9 inches and starting to fill out nicely. At this point I'm just waiting for the next lessons to learn at this stage. It's already showing signs of sexual maturity but I want to veg out some more before I go to flower and if it is actually female I may just leave it with a sitter while I'm on vacation and take clones when I get back. At this point I doubt I'll have enough time (less than 60 days) for a complete flower to maturity. No hurry so we'll see what happens.

Oh and I was watering daily after I had 2 sets of leaves, so yeah, I had it pretty much swimming.

Last edited:
B

bonecarver_OG

i water my 1 liter cups (1/4gallon) cups with a normal plastic cup (250cc - like the small coke bottles in volume) every day.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I water until run-off, and since I foliar feed or mist at the same time, they tend to droop a little. But a couple of hours later, the leaves are back up again.

Neptune, I don't know about the overwatering theory. They're already well rooted (but not rootbound) in those pots, and they didn't show any signs of overwatering when they were fresh in the pots.

VT, that's what I figure as well. It looks like a deficiency, but I doubt that there is one, which indicates some kind of lock-out.

BC, I'm running these Blueberrys on BioBizz nutrients, and everything has been going just fine up until this little incident - which I don't think is much to worry about - so I think I'll just go all the way with the BioBizz. If I run into some serious problems I might reconcider, but I think it might be interesting to see if BioBizz works well in pure coco choir or not. I did a couple of sour diesels in coco choir and 25% perlite, it worked like a charm.

Now, back to the thread topic, before this thread gets moved to the Cannabis Infirmary.

B

bonecarver_OG

no man :D its on topic allright :D

if its well rooted in the pot - consider repotting it.

normally when i grown in coco and similar problems have arived although all parameters have been perfect - then the problem is allways the roots in some way.

if u dont get it to get going again, maybe consider repoting? it also gives u a nice oportunity to check root health in general. :D

hope it sorts out mate

peace

D

Darkstarlive

So, if I understand this right its okay for the coco to stay wet all the time, which will happen from watering everyday??

Peace...

yts farmer

Veteran
hello can i get some advice of you guys..

today i transplanted my seedlings which are in 1 inch r/w cubes,into small pots with canna coco.there around 9 days old and have roots coming from the bottom of the cubes,thought it might be a little early for food so just mixed up some canna rhizo and some hygrowzym and watered them until i got some run-off.was watering pot number 18(last 1) and realised i didnt ph the water beforehand(what a numpty).

so do you think they should be ok until there next water or should i ph the soloution and run through again.the soloution i wtered with has a ph of 8.6.

B

bonecarver_OG

ph 8.6 is not nice - however i think they will make it :D next time make sure u check the ph :D

coco organically.. id have to get someone else to chime in - i dont know enough about that to have an opinion :D

peace

G

rollindoughlow said:
whats up bros; is it possible 2 grow organically in coco coir mediums?

Absolutely. There are a few organic grows here to check out if you want to search.

Cheers,
SH

Nevi

I agree wholeheartedly.In the past,I always thought WTF,when someone that had tried to go over to coco,said"I´ll never go back to soil".Now I understand it.I am in the middle of my first grow with coco and perlite,and its so obvious that the roots get much more oxygene.I also have a bucket with water that is being oxygenated the whole time by a little aquarium pump.Me think it gives more oxy to the girls..
My plants have only been vegging around 6 weeks (Cinderella 99 and Sknk#1) and have been in flower 18 days.
This is great.IMO its like you have a kind of hydro just in pots and with handwatering.The growrate is at least more fast than any soil mix I have ever used!
This is one of my girls.Healthy too.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
rollindoughlow said:
whats up bros; is it possible 2 grow organically in coco coir mediums?

It's happening right in front of your eyes. These are Blueberrys in 100% coco choir that have been fed exclusively with organic BioBizz nutrients from start.

Even though the grow is going satisfactory so far (late veg), they're terribly slow growing, and I must admit that there's a high ratio of odd things happening. I'm not sure wether to ascribe it all to the genetics (DJ Short's genetics being known to have peculiar characteristics) or the way I grow them. I lean towards the former, because I've got a couple of White Widows going in 100% coco choir as well, and they're faultless so far.

B

bonecarver_OG

yep - definetly a bit weird things going on :D but looks more genetical than anything IMHO.

are those stems dark red? or is just an optical illusion :D?

keep it up man ! :D

peace

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
The stems on some plants are purple and have been since early veg (probably looks red because of the white scale) BC.

As said - probably genetic. Apart from strange leaf discolorations and mutations, I've had problems only when I spaced out between waterings or added a carbohydrate additive (I don't know which one, but it's one or the other).
My theory is that letting the coco dry out caused a ph drop in the medium (or the additive caused it), and the Blueberrys being particularly finicky reacted instantly on it.

B

bonecarver_OG

ok :D

yeah its better to not to let the coco dry out complettelly :D

this season im not using ATA xL - and im getting much less salt build up etc :D

peace! :D

blueberry has got to be the shortest plant ive ever grown. My nl x blu pheno can veg for 10 wks and she is stil only gonna be 16" but you get a really dense bud.

i'm lazy right now but based on what i have read in this thread so far no body has made this suggestion which is what i used to do when i used pbp , with coco coir, i used to add a little soil sweet to my mix , which i think is why in large i did not have to use any cal mag or such, as that is what i understand soil sweet to be.

B

bonecarver_OG

go ahead bro :D i think the soil works best for guerillagrows with out a doubt :D hehe :D

btw - its really cool to have u over here at icmag :D

peace :D

edit - thr growroom is full again - about 40 pots something :D plants in all possible stages of flowering but its not as chatic as it looks like.

Last edited: