What's new

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Rooms about to turn over again. Tray on The rights getting ready to get chopped soon. 30 days on left tray and 6 days on smaller middle stuff. Also a shot of 30 day ssh and wedding cake
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Got a 3rd cmh on the way with 4200k bulbs so I can mix them in with the other 2 reflectors. Gunna add 1 more tray and see what we can do. I think it'll be either wedding cake or sour dubb going in. I've got enough ready of either one. Also here's some shots of wedding cake at 39
picture.php

And glue at 39
picture.php

picture.php

coldcanna

Veteran
So I didn't go back and read all 35 pages but I'll give you my $.02 for what its worth.... I run an 85 light show in the mmj world and we have pretty much every type of fixture out there. Without question the CMH flower has the best resin production and the yields are staggering, we hit 3lb and 3.5lb per 4x4 on a couple of our runs this year. The key thing to know is that the 630 is not a direct drop in replacement for a 1k- you'll prob need 3 CMH to replace every 2 HPS. For example, we have 8 of the 630's over 4.5 trays. Don't listen to any of the haters, you'll knock it out of the park with those 630's....

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So I didn't go back and read all 35 pages but I'll give you my $.02 for what its worth.... I run an 85 light show in the mmj world and we have pretty much every type of fixture out there. Without question the CMH flower has the best resin production and the yields are staggering, we hit 3lb and 3.5lb per 4x4 on a couple of our runs this year. The key thing to know is that the 630 is not a direct drop in replacement for a 1k- you'll prob need 3 CMH to replace every 2 HPS. For example, we have 8 of the 630's over 4.5 trays. Don't listen to any of the haters, you'll knock it out of the park with those 630's....

Sturg is running 3x3 trays so a 630 over 9 sq foot is giving him over 70 watts per square foot.

And I agree CMH shits over every other light source, try the Nanolux 1000 watt DEs and you will toss your 630s into veg:biggrin:

Dog Star

Veteran
Sturg is running 3x3 trays so a 630 over 9 sq foot is giving him over 70 watts per square foot.

And I agree CMH shits over every other light source, try the Nanolux 1000 watt DEs and you will toss your 630s into veg:biggrin:

Can you cover 5x5 footprint with those Nanolux CMH 945w fixture??

Starmstr

Just get a MH Blue and you'll have a better bulb no need to switch ballast/hood and all that. Eye Hortilux is the MH Blue I'd recommend, damn bulb is expensive. Flower with HPS then last 20 days finish with MH Blue.
So horti also makes a 65k bulb for half the price with excellent spectrum I've used both the blue and the 65 and prefer it over 2k, 3k, 4.4 5.5. Run 2 on a splitter

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I will say that with these 630s I have noticed that the plants seem happier than under the 1ks. My nugs aren't as big but they as as frosty as can be. Under these lights Ive seen some of the best forumcookies and glue I've ever seen. Height wise 18 to 20 inches from the reflector seems to be the sweet spot for me. Anything closer and the tops bleach. These 630s are covering a 3x3 but I don't think much bigger than that without overlap. I plan on doing some room re arranging here in the next week so I can get the 3rd light and tray in to get the ball rolling. I'd run 85 lights if I could but it's not really allowed where I am lol.

Dog Star

Veteran
They are 1000s, 2-500s in one tube not 3-315s.

I cover 5x7 with each of mine last run with great results.

Aha didnt know there are 2x500s,am only sees those 3x315 type
of bulbs and fixtures..

5x7 is huge,even better than those i need..

Thanx for answer Chunky

coldcanna

Veteran
They are 1000s, 2-500s in one tube not 3-315s.

I cover 5x7 with each of mine last run with great results.

Whats the center to center spacing if you run multiple? How high above the canopy do you keep the lights? Are people seeing the same quality with the 1000CMH ?

I'm glad you pointed out that he is running the 630s over a 3x3. I've noticed on our 4x4 tables that the perimeter gets pretty shaded because being a 630watt fixture we end up running it lower to the plants, thus shadowing the outside.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i'm running '2' 315's in a 4x3.5ft tent which equates to 45w per sq foot- its not enough light..don't wanta add a 3rd cmh as heats already a problem - mite have to supplement with some cheap led's

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya I think the 630s are perfect for a 3x3 but much bigger you need o erlapping light at about 3-4 ft per fixture. Right now my fixture spacing is about 5 ft but I think closer would be better. My plants in between the lights get a little lean towards the right light. I don't think they get much from the left ..

Lyfespan

fucking finally, someone that has tried the nano de 1000 chm out, im about to set a 20 lighter up with these and was wanting to bounce ideas about whats best for those lights:thank you:

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Whats the center to center spacing if you run multiple? How high above the canopy do you keep the lights? Are people seeing the same quality with the 1000CMH ?

I'm glad you pointed out that he is running the 630s over a 3x3. I've noticed on our 4x4 tables that the perimeter gets pretty shaded because being a 630watt fixture we end up running it lower to the plants, thus shadowing the outside.

I have them at 5 foot spacing down the row but the row is 7 feet wide instead of 4 feet.

My ceilings are 10 foot with the lights at about 9 feet up.
5x7 is only 30ish watts a square foot but I was happy with the density and penetration and terps off the hook, all my DE CMH are 4200K.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
fucking finally, someone that has tried the nano de 1000 chm out, im about to set a 20 lighter up with these and was wanting to bounce ideas about whats best for those lights:thank you:

If you are growing commercial I would probably try 5x5 canopy, I'm growing for personal med supply and don't need IG level bling.

If you already own DE Gavita thousands or similar I would try a run with CMH bulbs in them.

I have a Gavita flex DE with a $53 Chinese 630 DE CMH bulb in it that's on its third cycle now set at 700 watts with no visible issues running on the high frequency ballasts.:biggrin:

Might not last four years but I'm pleased that I tried it out.

The big nanos throw some serious light though and I would like a few more.

Dog Star

Veteran
If you are growing commercial I would probably try 5x5 canopy, I'm growing for personal med supply and don't need IG level bling.

If you already own DE Gavita thousands or similar I would try a run with CMH bulbs in them.

I have a Gavita flex DE with a $53 Chinese 630 DE CMH bulb in it that's on its third cycle now set at 700 watts with no visible issues running on the high frequency ballasts.:biggrin:

Might not last four years but I'm pleased that I tried it out.

The big nanos throw some serious light though and I would like a few more.

I will not burn growing place if i use CMH 1000 bulb inside Gavita 1000 DE ??

That sounds interesting tough am afraid a bit...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I will not burn growing place if i use CMH 1000 bulb inside Gavita 1000 DE ??

That sounds interesting tough am afraid a bit...

Nothing unsafe about it, the lifespan of the bulb is supposed to be much shorter using high frequency digital over low frequency digital.

There are many points of possible failure in one of these DE CMH bulbs and the vibrations from hi frequency power make them fail prematurely.

I figured if I could get 3-4 cycles I would be happy.

Old fashioned ballasts were low frequency and will fire CMH too.

Growers change to new bulbs long before they quit from old age anyways.