What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sad News on RC...PLEASE READ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

You said you did not try it at home Storm, and from what you said I took that you were not considering trying it at home...
So why tempt others to, what if they have the server up enough for those that try to see if it is up can get their IP nabbed, I say do not try that from your own PC for your own safety!!!!!!

G

At this point we DO NOT know which police forces siezed the servers and served the search warrants at the web host, RC's home and place of business, not do we know who's mandate this was.

We have people looking into this right now, and should know more on Monday. As we know the facts, you will as well.... but let's please try to keep the speculation to a minimum.

In Canada there are a multitued of reasons to hold someone without bail.... sometimes the court docket is so busy that it just takes time to get arraigned. Sometimes the pigs play games and make you sweat it out by holding you for a while. Again, we'll know more monday hopefully.
-Chimera

StormBringerX

PassionForMaryJ, I don't recommend anyone testing that from the house. But, Why listen on a obscure port for a IP when you could listen to the webport.

The information is there for people to use as they want, Actually that was why I had removed the port from the orginal posts to keep people from doing that.

But on the flip side, LEO couldn't do anything for a IP connecting to a port. The internet is full of virus, worms and such that pound on mailserver ports, web ports, etc. Due to that they would have one nightmare of a time saying IP XXXX connected to port XXX for the purpose of passing illegal information, etc. Any judge in the world would kick the LEO out of his chambers for him asking for a warrent like that.

G

StormBringerX said:
look illegal_smile I have followed every thread on here and other sites concerning OG. Being self centered would mean keeping information to myself and not posting it. The information I posted about the servers is Verifiable. Want the port number to try it on your own PC? Fine it's port xxxx which is a alt SMTP port so users can bypass the port xx block that alot of ISP's put in place.

well said, and is questionable that you can still ping the site. i've also checked it out.

Last edited:
G

PassionForMaryJ said:
You said you did not try it at home Storm, and from what you said I took that you were not considering trying it at home...
So why tempt others to, what if they have the server up enough for those that try to see if it is up can get their IP nabbed, I say do not try that from your own PC for your own safety!!!!!!

deff not advisable to do straight from your pc!!!

PureSativa420

sucks to see OG/HS/CW go :(, but now we must think of what we can do to help RC and all the others who were busted

im not tearing down my grows just because one of the sites i visited almost daily was busted, like all the others are saying use a Proxy and OG dont log ips even better :D

G

Unless you run a good anon. proxy server, that would leave no traces of your IP...
But even with that I would not try it, go to a library, do it and after ya see it works get the hell outta there!! lol

ITA

:eek: :jawdrop:

RC,

ITA here... I hope everything works out for you. Take care of the family and I hope to hear from you soon.

:joint:

Toke

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
I feel like I'm in a "van down by the river" fo sur. Last week didn't feel right to begin with and it started with getting bumbed off OG. That was the first clue, as innocent as it seemed, at the time. Everybodies input are all taken to heart, even out here in Brazil with Tarzan.

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
Two more casualties of this absurd war on drugs, a truly sad day indeed, and remember the Canadian government did allow the U.S. to come up and raid Marc Emery before the election.

peace -fb

all messed up

Overgrow refugee
Veteran
Hello everyone. Like so many here I too am in exile. I felt wierd when OG originally disappeared. The second day I checked Heavens stairway and it was then I knew something had to be wrong. I'm not scared of what they have. I'm proud to be a medical patient. If they come in my yard I have three dogs they can play with. I'm not stupid, just tired of hiding. I'm sorry Canada is even listening to George Bush. Canada has led this movement for so long. (In north America) When the conservatives came into power and my old friend Kubby was booted, I knew the honeymoon was over. Thanks Gypsy for letting us all crash here and furthermore, the sense of loss I felt the last few days is gone. They can never stop us. We are everywhere. I feel like they just pinched the tops of a few large branches and as most of us know, the plant will just become bigger, fatter and have more buds. Curse the fascist pigs. Mars 2112 where are you? Hope you're well. I hope the rest find their way here. I know some are at weedtracker. This site kicks ass. BTW, I got some of Gypsys beans last year and they kick ass. Power plant is off the
f*&@#$%G hook! I love the orange flavor. I have made at least 8-9 hundred clones which are all over the Nor-cal, bay area. Thanks Gypsy for everything.

TheDrugStore

So what happens with OG members who recently subscribed to the site?
Will they get their money back if in fact OG is no more?
What abuot all those lifetime subscribed people... or does "lifetime" represent Overgrows life.

It's so fucking sad that this happened... but we must know, WHY?
Was RC breaking laws that he should not have been breaking that compromised him and the website?

Is there no info available yet about what he has been charged with? I read somewhere that one of the persons charged was charged with cocaine....I don't think it was RC, I don't even think it was true.
A serious problem is occuring if in fact the authorities are "trying" to keep everything quiet. People are at risk and it is up to the people close to RC to find out exacly what has happened and get it out to the thousands who may have been compromised because of his actions!

A sad sad week. Like everyone, I hope RC, his family, and all those who where apart of the overgrow community come out ok after this whole ordeal.

-TDS

Nikijad4210

Veteran
This whole shittin' BS just makes me wanna cry. If this is in fact a DEA/Canadian LEOs operation, then fuck 'um both, we stoners'll be making some major noise.

G

I had a few months left on my subscription, if I could I;d donate that, but that would be but a few bucks that was spent long ago...

I am not worried, I almost became a lifetime subscriber, but even if I did and this happened I would not worry about getting my $ back, I got way more info, and made good friends, that alone is priceless to me!!!!

tokinsmokin

This needs to Spark an uproar so we can over throw the government. 125,000 members. I think that would be a start! I'm sure theres plenty more that would follow.

Last edited:

tokinsmokin

Yes that is drastic, but the gov't is becoming more corrupt! There needs to be equilibrium in the governments decisions and the people's.

Status
Not open for further replies.