What's new

HMK Rosin Press Tutorial

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Well after a few requests I decided to do a pictorial write up for those out there wanting safe home extraction. Maybe it will cause that jackass that burns his baby, not to. One can dream right lol.

Where do I start, Tools-Screwdriver ......Yup that's it.

Supplies-
Irwin quick grip 600 lb model
Revlon Titanium plated hair straightener (model RVST2031BLU2)
Electrical tape.......I'm serious that's all.

Step 1
Time to take apart your heat source an will start with the end cap on the side. Take a flat head screw driver (I used a kitchen knife-GETRDUN) an pop off the caps on each side.
picture.php

Step 2
Pry up the pin connecting the straightener. It just slides out into 2 pieces.
picture.php

Step 3
Slowly pull apart and lay down to remove all the screws. Once the screws (which are 6 I recall but I lost 2 for the pic) are removed you can pull up the black plastic plates exposing the circuit board an wires on the other section.
picture.php

Step 4
Pull out the heat pads, circuit board and cord assembly an set aside.
picture.php

Step 5
Slide plastic plates on the back of the titanium heat pads upwards to get off.
picture.php

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
continued.....

continued.....

Step 6
This step is the most important as it will make or break the install. Take your time an tape up properly, more is better with electrical tape.

So will start with a problem I saw that might have came up.....well Whodatisco can attest to it. The circuit board can arc through the clamp when cranked up an it makes a connection. Solution is a piece of insulation between the 2. I took a piece of card stock an folded it then taped in place. That was my first re-taping on my rebuild once I saw his blow up. Then I tape the cord in place so it will no longer swivel. It came loose an touched a piece of metal tape an boom we have an arc. Lesson learned, tape up the cord good. Next tape an last tape job will be the wires running down from the circuit board (which are 2) and the wires for the power cord (which are 2 also).
picture.php

Step 7
Last an final step before ya get to squishing :dance013:
This is where you melt the heating pads into the rubber clamp stops. Take your pads an set them evenly in place like the pic with just enough pressure to hold them in place. Turn up heat fully to setting 30 an wait for it to reach its desired temp. Apply pressure once fully heated lil by lil until you see it melting at the top an sides like such in the pic. Take a something to press the melted rubber over the plates to hold them in place once it cools. When it looks good an melted like the pic, your done. Give her a good 15 minutes to cool an the rubber to set. You won't have to worry about it remelting again because the temps we rosin at about half of what is used to melt together.

picture.php

Now go get squshy IC FAM BAM! :tiphat:

Much thanks to the Originator/Creator of the HMK press Hashmasta_kut.

Last edited:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Squish down sesh tonight :biggrin: Me an the wife are going to press up some nugs I have set aside of Jack O Hazia. :dance013:

Figured we need a pictorial demo in here too :peacock:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
What happend to the sQwIsH SeSh????

You get sqwished er whaaaaT?

I'm trying lol, between Christmas shopping, finishing trimming this runs harvest, an prep of the veg for next run...........busy time of year but I haven't forgot about my IC FAM BAM. Got some time tonight to get down to squishing with some nice pictorials. Did manage to get the wife to squish a bit. But that round was only a half ounce, maybe a few grams over. The first squish she did she hit over 20% an the second looked better but we haven't weighed the other squishes to see percent.

Sky is clear folks, we squishing tonight for sure. :dance013:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great thread.... taggin in... big thanks to hashmasta kut, Arthritis sucks, et all.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Got some nice squishing done an pics to throw up in here. Probably tomorrow they'll be up since I still gotta catch up on my Karma Genetics smoke reports.

Get squished:dance013:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i squish for 30--60 seconds generally.

if you size your filter packet so that it's just slightly smaller than the heated plates, then the oil will run off the heated area and collect on the cold parchment or whatever you're using.

as long as the oil is not sitting on the hot plates it stays pristine. if it were to stay ont he hot plates (like with a tshirt press) then you end up cooking the oil and it ends up darker and more decarbed (degraded) ime.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
i squish for 30--60 seconds generally.

if you size your filter packet so that it's just slightly smaller than the heated plates, then the oil will run off the heated area and collect on the cold parchment or whatever you're using.

as long as the oil is not sitting on the hot plates it stays pristine. if it were to stay ont he hot plates (like with a tshirt press) then you end up cooking the oil and it ends up darker and more decarbed (degraded) ime.

30 - 60 seconds at 220?

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Very cool, I've injured my wrist over squishing with a hair iron this week, this is just what the doctor ordered!

Peace

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Gotta get some rosin pressed for an event tomorrow, so will start the squish sesh with a demo for here. Not promising I'll post it up tonight cause the patients come first. But if not tonight tomorrow I'll edit an post it up.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
whats up with filter packs.... are y'all making them yourselves out of bubble bag material or is there a place to just buy them? and do they last a while or one time use or what?

Latest posts

Latest posts