What's new

Haze Experience.....

Huesos

Hola Amigos,

They say that original haze was the one behind the haze experience.

Also, I hear that in hazes, 10-15% are exceptional;75% good; and 10%poor.

I am interested to hear of the exceptional ones and collaboration thereof.

Here is an original haze leaning pheno I found in skunk haze pheno. Can anyone elaborate on the original haze and phenos thereof?

Attachments

• IMG_4322.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 28

Huesos

Spider

Spider

Here is one I call spider, a pheno of the nevilles haze. Anyone have any experience with the spider profile?

The high off spider is way over the top.

Attachments

• IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 37

Huesos

Super Silver Haze leaf

Super Silver Haze leaf

For your viewing pleasure.....

Attachments

• IMG_4325.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 27

Huesos

Haze growers are very rare. Anyone have any experience with the great one: Original Haze? How about Nevilles haze, SSH, and so forth, anyone find any of the 10% exceptional ones?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi Huesos :)

Have you grown many hazes and haze hybrids mate? I'd love to hear all about your experiences :)

I'm really looking forward to your thread too. I've grown a few myself and although they take a very long time (I've had plants run 20 weeks of flower) they make up for it in the rewards..

I agree that some of the plants you get in O Haze are far from perfect.. I'd say more like 15% are poor/rubbish, 80% are fair to good and 5% are ridiculous, like acid on a stick ..when you find that one.. you'll know...although sounds like you already have something electrifying in your Nevs :)

I'm currently stuck growing indicas as I have to turn them around quick.. it's nothing like growing the hazes or pure sativas that I prefer...lol... 8 weeks seems like childs play after flowering plants for 5 months eh ;)

Huesos

Hola J-Shoes,

On the 10 percenters, I was referencing my experience with sativas.

Ive never had the good fortune of growing pure original haze. That's one of the reasons for this thread. I am more a student of the haze. I'm here to listen and learn from more seasoned haze aficionados.

I've only hit the 10% in two Nevilles Haze (NH) phenos. One was the spider pheno found in Nevilles haze. It's true what they say that the f2s and beyond unlock the holy grails inside the seed. Spider was a very poor yield and poorly grown. She had a decent flower time of 14-16 weeks.

The other NH 10 percenter was in a hybrid consisting of Nevilles Haze x Nepalese. The smoke on this one was exceptional.

Anyone else have any haze that belongs in the 10 percenter category?

Huesos

Super Silver Haze

Super Silver Haze

I recently smoked a SSH that was exceptional. 10 %er candidate.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I'm searching for my 10% to work with. Skunk haze, nevs x Oaxaca and nevs x mm, zamaldelic so far. Grabbing Malawi, golden tiger and some pure nevs soon. I feel I ran across several OK. Even bordering on exceptional. High hopes of finding the "one" as my zamals come down soon. I'll be starting the last on my nh x oax and skunk haze when I get the space opened up. The high from the skunk haze x og I'm puffing isn't what I'd call electric but its by all mean sativa dominant.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Sam the Skunkman's Original Haze x Skunk #1 came as a freebie. Got one really nice girl out of the pack. Went about 11 weeks, but totally worth it. Decent yield, and great 'up' high. Minty, lemon flavor, smooth not harsh.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
if you go for the zamal's get the zamaldelica, I was high when I ordered and got some zamalxhashplant by mistake.. they're very nice but not the zamal type effect I was looking for...

for original haze, I think tom hill might still be your best bet... not sure how fresh his stock is atm tho...

edit: apparently (I never had it myself) zamal smells of carrots?

Im about to dive in to some Mango Haze F2's , found one haze lady in a pack 14 weeks really hazy on the exhale made the room smell lovely , hit her with a mango haze male to make F2's.....Closest to a real LSD type high I've had is an old Northern Lights x Haze lady that floats around Colorado and some haze I smoked in NYC

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hey hermano Huesos... nice pictures! I love Hazes too, I've grown several strains of such family:

-Oldtimer1's Haze, the outstanding work from Charlie Garcia with this oldschool strain from old Hazes preserved in UK by OT1 and Wolfmann.

-Tom Hill's Haze, work done from a few packs of the old O. Haze that Positronics used to sell from original Sam Skunkman stocks.

-Haze/Skunk from TFD/Seedsman/C.Choice as well, original F1s from Sam as far as I know.

-Orginal Haze from TFD/Seedsman/C.Choice, latest source of the original haze, pretty inbred and lack of vigour but great effect.

-Some of the classic "dutch" Haze hybrids like Mango Haze, Super Silver Haze, Amnesia, Jack Herer, C99, etc.

The best Hazes in my opinion (or the closest to my idea of a true Haze strain, meaning 100% tropical, no ceiling tripping strain) were the OT Haze and the Original Haze from TFD/Seedsman/C. Choice. I've smoked great females among both but I loved the diversity of phenos found on the OT Hazes. From the very present colombian Hazes to other green Hazes (thai leaning?). All have the distinct Haze flavour and quality of high. Only problem is the super long flowering time and ridiculous production but it's connoisseur stash, not commercial stash. Those foxtails smell like heaven and get you high as a fuck!

Tom Hill haze was nice too but I think it's been too tamed, sometimes it looks more like a Haze hybrid rather than a pure Haze strain. Plus the high wasn't maybe that clean, I've found a bit of comedown as far as I remember.

As for the hybrids, I loved the Haze/Skunk and Thai/Haze X Skunk much more than the dutch haze hybrids. Some very Haze leaning phenos can be found on the TFD/Seedsman/C.Choice stock with sharp haze effects and not so much within the Sensi/Mr Nice and all the other dutch Haze hybrids. This seem to have been too much worked towards indoor growing in my opinion, they have too much Skunk and Northern Lights for my taste and you can't find wild long flowering Haze phenos very often, probably because they were very inbred. All have a potent comedown and when I smoke Haze, I don't want any couchlocking or relaxing end. I'm looking for the clean, sharp and electric effect. When it dilutes, I'll smoke more but I don't want to hit the ceiling after the first one.

I didn't smoke the Nevil's Haze though but looking forward to do it.

Vibes.

PS: there is some interesting info on Hazes at the Hazemania thread from Sideshow Bob: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=255216

I grew out a ssh from greenhouse seeds and that shit strechted nearly the whole way through flowering id say it was defo a near pure sativa pheno as iv never grew a strain like it would love to do it again and this time tie her down and top the shit out of her

mukuku

I didn't smoke the Nevil's Haze though but looking forward to do it.

if you grow nh once, try to select the more stretchy with very fine leaves & very long thin branches.

NH can be better with some ibl with it. I've had a mango line I miss...

and GH nh is not the same than Mr Nice but not an erzatz. not the same selection on f2 I'll say...:biggrin:

sianhan

Karma's working on a A5 haze a the moment and plans to release some hybrids and a BX later this year. Nevil used it in his mango haze.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Look out for the NL leaning Nevilles haze, very disappointing for me, had to throw out all the flowers. I have had the sativa heavy selections but not good haze heavy selection and they were nice, one made me very paranoid and heart race but later it would be happy, giggly heavy eyed bliss, the more I smoked of it, the more comfortable I got, that particular one was Isis from Dutch Passion, I know there are better selections out there for sure.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dunno what "haze" means exactly, but i have grown a lot of sativa's and an ssh cross. one was sativa leaning. nice daytime high, on the ssh. on sativa's in general they are all pretty clear, i haven't found any "acid trip" type highs. don't even know what an acid trip is like. but most sativa's are good, still looking for some exceptional ones. only done a few pure sativa. mostly sativa leaning hybrids.

Weedninja

So it sounds like THD, Seedsman, is the route to go to find the trippy hazes?

I don't think Seedsman sells his Original Haze anymore, so any that you find is probably old stock. I've heard nothing but good about OT Haze from Ace. They sell a Green(South Asian dominant) variant if you don't want to pheno hunt as much.